Another blight on our sport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Easybeats were all migrants - not necessarily POMS: Singer Stevie Wright and drummer Gordon "Snowy" Fleet were from England; rhythm guitarist George Young was from Scotland; lead guitarist Harry Vanda and bassist Dick Diamonde were from the Netherlands.
However, I take your point. Their musical roots were not from Silm Dusty!
All great musicians.I grew up with the best of British rock and love it all.also a big Beach Boys and Crosby stills Nash and young.fan 60s were special

• The London Symphony Orchestra, The Royal Philharmonia The London Philharmonic, The BBC Symphony Orch, The Halle Orchestra, The Scottish National Orch, The English Chamber Orchestra, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, The English Concert, The Academy of St Martin in the Fields, The Academy of Ancient Music, etc are much better than The Chicago SO, The Los Angeles Philharmonic, The New York Phil, the Detroit Symphony Orch or any of the others . . .

• The London Symphony Orchestra, The Royal Philharmonia The London Philharmonic, The BBC Symphony Orch, The Halle Orchestra, The Scottish National Orch, The English Chamber Orchestra, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, The English Concert, The Academy of St Martin in the Fields, The Academy of Ancient Music, etc are much better than The Chicago SO, The Los Angeles Philharmonic, The New York Phil, the Detroit Symphony Orch or any of the others . . .
The Electric Light Orchestra !

I just loved the Doobie Brothers, was in a covers band in misspent youth and we played a lot of their stuff, as well as the Eagles.

And Creedence Clearwater Revival ( went to a John Fogerty concert a few years ago just fabulous).

America ( the band), plenty of quality US groups in the 60's and 70's.

Crying out for a news limited takeover with the merger of neighboring philharmonics into larger franchises - playing in the orchestra super league or similar. Imagine the ratings.
I'm very concerned about the influence of Andre Rieu on the classical taste. He's the "hooked on classics" of the 21st century.

I hear you @The Who

And answer me this, not footy related, why hasn't the USA ever had great bands like the UK.

I mean what is the biggest band out of America? I am thinking The Eagles, Aerosmith or REM. I could name 20 bigger bands from the UK eg Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Pink Floyd to name a few.
The Beach Boys were umm...quite influential.

And some chap called Bob Zimmerman...

Plenty of top groups named but its a bit like comparing QLD to NSW over the last 10 years or Manly to any other club side over the last 45 years.

What about Jon English. He was English but do we consider him Australian or.......English?
The Jon English song,"Turn the page" starts,
"On a long & lonely highway/East of Omaha..."
Each time I hear the song I think, he's in Iowa.
Omaha, Nebraska is on the Missouri River, the state border. ;)
(I think Bob Seger did it too)

G
The Jon English song,"Turn the page" starts,
"On a long & lonely highway/East of Omaha..."
Each time I hear the song I think, he's in Iowa.
Omaha, Nebraska is on the Missouri River, the state border. ;)
(I think Bob Seger did it too)
Great song great artist by all reports a great bloke. Gone way too soon

I hear you @The Who

And answer me this, not footy related, why hasn't the USA ever had great bands like the UK.

I mean what is the biggest band out of America? I am thinking The Eagles, Aerosmith or REM. I could name 20 bigger bands from the UK eg Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Pink Floyd to name a few.
Guns n Roses, Green Day, Foo Fighters.

Admitedly those are probably my 3 favourite bands.

I hear you @The Who

Yep, a big one you missed Ac DCE....

Guns n Roses, Green Day, Foo Fighters.

Admitedly those are probably my 3 favourite bands.
Minos compared to sabbath, white snake, purple, rainbow, queen. The who, oasis, Genesis, police, dire straits, Motörhead, the jam, Coldplay, the kinks, supertramp, yes, Saxon, the stranglers, etc etc... But I'm an old timer...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8