Another halfback rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have a gun half in Cade Cust who is contracted to us for a few years, unfortunately plays in SG Ball. A real talent.
The way we are going I'll be surprised if we even have a team for him to play NRL in when he's ready.

The way we are going I'll be surprised if we even have a team for him to play NRL in when he's ready.

We will be right mate, a couple of spoons will get some fire in the belly.

2015/16 and then we will be back, we will be middle of the pack in 2017 and back in the hunt 2018.

I keep on reading here this halfback is no good, that one is rubbish blah blah.
A hypothetical question, what if both DCE and Foran had been through the Canberra Juniors system and firstly been coached by Furner and then Stuart, would they have reached the heights they have. My answer to that is that they would probably only be about as good as Cornish and McCrone.
Lets flip that around, what if Cornish and McCrone had benefited from being firstly coached by Des and then Tooves & Johns. I think that answer is pretty obvious.
The point everyone seems to be missing is whoever comes here will quickly be way better than they have been in their current club.
Mate, this forum of doomsayers should be our retention & procurement committee! Seriously...The last couple of months, most of the posters have shown nothing but that you are disgruntled fans with NFI of rugby league and how a club functions.
I know there are plenty of silent readers on this forum who have an ability to add your comments....please start making them, or the forum will die a slow, boring death.
Of course things are **** right now, but with all you people registered and reading, we will turn things around on and off the park.
I would suggest that somebodies 100th post is just as relevant as someone posting their 5 or 10 thousandth....ha ha how do you get that much spare time anyway lol
Up the Sea Eagles and keep on keeping on Ralphie, blokes like you are the heart and soul of the joint!

In an ideal world I'd like our side to look like this next year! This is taking I to consideration who the club had been rumoured to have approached or considered.

Stewart
Turbo
Matai
Hiku
Taufua
Lyon
Maloney
Burgess
Ballin
Lawrence
Mateo
Symonds
Buhrer

Lui
Sene lefao
Masoe
Jake t

São

Just a little bit too much doom and gloom from some people. Yes on the face of it things don't look great but considering the overwhelming evidence that we have a high percentage ability of getting players off other clubs either wanted, or off scrapheaps and getting them to play career best footy with us. Plenty of guys who I wasn't fussed over have become absolute legends.

Mitch Cornish looks like a fine young player IMO. I would take him for sure! He was a junior Kangaroo, and halfback of the year in the NYC 2012. He is not without credentials...he has been playing for the Raiders and that has a lot to do with the lack of impact he has made in FG.

He played along side Clint Gutherson, Dylan Walker, and Luke Brooks (who shifted to 5/8) as the halfback for the NSW under 20's in 2013 and scored a double.

Last edited:
Just a little bit too much doom and gloom from some people. Yes on the face of it things don't look great but considering the overwhelming evidence that we have a high percentage ability of getting players off other clubs either wanted, or off scrapheaps and getting them to play career best footy with us. Plenty of guys who I wasn't fussed over have become absolute legends.

My thoughts exactly. What will be will be, and I have full faith in the club doing the right thing. My comments to @Shoe1 were so obviously in jest (based on a previous offer he made ages ago to play 7 for the Capra's, also jokingly) but seemed to be over the heads of some in comedy value. Maybe because they haven't been around long enough to enjoy the banter between other posters. We can speculate and offer up our ideas until we are blue in the face, but the club will do what it believes is right, and I'll go along with it.

Once you can no longer laugh...you are lost! Good post @Masked Eagle !

Ryan let's be realistic. I don't want to get into an argument about when Foran did or did not decide to sign with Parra. But what we know is that we only officially found out 4-5 weeks ago that our two key players are gone. Let's just breath and give the retention/recruitment guys a bit of time to work out a plan and get their ducks lined up. I'd rather see a considered wholistic approach to building for the future rather than just reactionary signing of anyone who happens to be "on the market" just so we have something to announce. Give it a bit of time I say.
Unfortunately an intelligent and considered approach will always lose out to the panic and despair displayed by the majority of contributors to this forum.

Once we start winning a few games things will change I honestly believe we still have a wealth of talent within even without DCE and Judas Foran. Just need a promising young half and some some muscle in the middle

Mitch Cornish looks like a fine young player IMO. I would take him for sure! He was a junior Kangaroo, and halfback of the year in the NYC 2012. He is not without credentials...he has been playing for the Raiders and that has a lot to do with the lack of impact he has made in FG.

He played along side Clint Gutherson, Dylan Walker, and Luke Brooks (who shifted to 5/8) as the halfback for the NSW under 20's in 2013 and scored a double.
Many players were junior rep stars but failed to deliver in the big league . We invested in Chee Kam who was a junior Kangaroo and got no return

Yep Chee kam was an absolute gun in NYC in 2012. The raiders were devastated to let him go. Obviously he was being groomed to take over from one of choc or gift however that has not occurred.

Yep Chee kam was an absolute gun in NYC in 2012. The raiders were devastated to let him go. Obviously he was being groomed to take over from one of choc or gift however that has not occurred.

And by all the accounts of his reggies form to date, will never occur.

Chee kam won't be resigned I would say. Tooves told him this year was now or never and with the injuries we had this was his chance. The coaching staff obviously feel he is not up to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7