Another Tiger? Aitasi James

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hard to find cleanskins these days TZ… tattooists are the new merchant bankers…
Grannies, Nanas, etc are also getting in on the act. My mother got a dragonfly with her other grand daughter for her 18th birthday. The same woman they said continuously throughout my upbringing, " If you come home with a tattoo, pack your bags, ’cause there ain’t no room for you here."
My Aunty got one last month . She’s 78. The last person you would think to get one. Again it was a grand kid situation.

Grannies, Nanas, etc are also getting in on the act. My mother got a dragonfly with her other grand daughter for her 18th birthday. The same woman they said continuously throughout my upbringing, " If you come home with a tattoo, pack your bags, ’cause there ain’t no room for you here."
My Aunty got one last month . She’s 78. The last person you would think to get one. Again it was a grand kid situation.
Lol… I once told my mum when I was 15 “they are my ears and you can’t stop me getting a piercing”…

to which she replied
“Yes but you live in my house and you have to sleep sometime… and YOU can’t stop me ripping the bloody thing straight out of your ear when you do…”

I chose not to take her on…

Yeah, bit like those finding gold shows on pay tv. Hope we have unearthed a gold nugget rather than just gold dust.
Haha I hate the search for real good shows but definitely worth when you find a good one. Even better if it's a series, NShifts get long

When will this STOP??
Just merge for crying out loud!
What could they be called? Western Manly Tigers.
As Toovey would say, there needs to be an investigation ( Ridiculous )🤣

From the Mole

The Sea Eagles have signed Aitasi James, a boom young lock who played five NRL games for the Tigers last season.

A tough 22-year-old, James handled the elevation well in a team that struggled to win games and should appreciate playing in the strong Manly pack in 2024

Never heard of him myself anyone know much about him?
mustn't be much good, no youtube video.
just this young blokes review of his debut in first grade:

To put things in perspective - he was basically given 20-30 (odd) minutes a game in his 5 first grade appearances (1/4 - 1/3 of an entire game), and here are his metres / stats:

Against Sharks: 64 metres (12 tackles) - 27 minutes
Against Dragons: 68 metres (17 tackles) - 21 minutes
Against Rabbits: 25 metres (21 tackles) - 26 minutes
Against Raiders: 80 metres (17 tackles) - 25 minutes
Against Roosters: 23 metres (18 tackles) - 21 minutes

Extrapolate those numbers over say 65 minutes, you have some pretty beastly metrics (comparable with the best in the NRL) - and I mean BEST. In perspective, Fainu has played 5 games also:

Against Tigers: 45 metres (5 tackles) - 40 minutes
Against Raiders: 112 metres (19 tackles) - 53 minutes
Against Knights: 91 metres (27 tackles) - 77 minutes
Against Dolphins: 71 metres (16 tackles) - 50 minutes
Against Eels: 49 metres (25 tackles) - 49 minutes

So if you average average figures / minutes, you'll actually find our new boy is well in front ! Fainu IS 2.5 years younger though.
I love a stat so thanks for the fix.

Good numbers considering the min played.

Im not sure why we take the piss out of Tigers players? look there are some stinkers sure but they have produced and let go of many guns over the past 15 years. We all know Teddy, Paps, and Josh AC just to name a few.

Paseka has been a good buy. Aleovera is one disappointment for me.

This kid could be a great buy.

Now I'm going to say it just this once.... after originally hating on the idea I now think Brooks could be the buy of the season in 2024. If we get a fit team on the park Brooks will have a level of support he has never experienced and could shine like a star. There I said it. in a thread that will disappear into the nether regions never to be seen again.

I love a stat so thanks for the fix.

Good numbers considering the min played.

Im not sure why we take the piss out of Tigers players? look there are some stinkers sure but they have produced and let go of many guns over the past 15 years. We all know Teddy, Paps, and Josh AC just to name a few.

Paseka has been a good buy. Aleovera is one disappointment for me.

This kid could be a great buy.

Now I'm going to say it just this once.... after originally hating on the idea I now think Brooks could be the buy of the season in 2024. If we get a fit team on the park Brooks will have a level of support he has never experienced and could shine like a star. There I said it. in a thread that will disappear into the nether regions never to be seen again.
Whoa! What all this positivity all of a sudden!

Just sayin’

Actually, I'll compare relevant metrics (note, this doesn't take into consideration fatigue, and some other tangible metrics that might come into play):

James
Game 1: Metres per minute: 2.37 - Tackles per minute: 0.44
Game 2: Metres per minute: 3.23 - Tackles per minute: 0.81
Game 3: Metres per minute: 0.96 - Tackles per minute: 0.81
Game 4: Metres per minute: 3.20 - Tackles per minute: 0.68
Game 5: Metres per minute: 1.10 - Tackles per minute: 1.28
Average: Metres per minute: 2.17 Tackles per minute 0.80
Extrapolated: 2.17 X 80 = 173.6 metres / game, and 64 tackles / game.

Fainu
Game 1: Metres per minute: 1.13 - Tackles per minute: 0.10
Game 2: Metres per minute: 2.11 - Tackles per minute: 0.36
Game 3: Metres per minute: 1.18 - Tackles per minute: 0.35
Game 4: Metres per minute: 1.42 - Tackles per minute: 0.32
Game 5: Metres per minute: 1.00 - Tackles per minute: 0.51
Average: Metres per minute: 1.37 - Tackles per minute: 0.33
Extrapolated: 1.37 X 80 = 109.6 metres / game, and 26 tackles / game.

The metrics literally show James is a MUCH better prospect than Fainu (in both running metres and tackles) per minute. Boys and girls, we've just had a massive upgrade on a player we were all hurt to lose.

Stats drawn from:
And probably cheaper too.

Lets not question every depth signing we make....geez, we'll be here for eternity.

As long as he's not a salary cap burden, he has the "dimensions" of a very solid player, with some air-time under his belt (even if with Tig's), and likely some fitness training in the off-season to come to increase those game-minutes.

As many have pointed out, if he etends performance into game time, that looks promising!

Lets see how that 35th run up the Narrabeen sand-dunes goes, and if he is still gunning for it, happy days!

I just watched a few mintues of his stint in r23 v raiders (came on 34th min, replay avail on NRL site) Not tall but very broad and looks powerful, with good leg speed, quick play the ball. Could be a Leota style prop, that would be good! Seemed to have more impact than Condon has showed, and looks keen, so I'll watch with interest next season, maybe get a run in the trial.

Whoa! What all this positivity all of a sudden!

Just sayin’
I had a moment the other day. Prior to Sefold I was Mr positive arguing the toss with many on here that life really wasn't that bad.
I think the sacking of Des stung given what he did for the club (yes I'm not referring to the dogs years) and I honestly gave seibold a chance early even though I didn't think his appointment was a smart one.
I think my negativity manifested around the clubs direction throughout the year and climaxed when we finished lower on table than 2022.
So long story short.time for a reset and hopefully Mr hindsight will return positive and ready for 2024.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8