Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
May I ask... what would your reaction be if we won a wooden spoon (our first in 75+ of existence) with a new coach?

Would that not be a worse than what we have right now?

Or will it not matter because we'll at least have tried something different?

I'm curious to know.
And you think this isn’t possible with Des Hasler???

I’m curious to know as well !!

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
And you think this isn’t possible with Des Hasler???

I’m curious to know as well !!

You avoided answering that question

And no I do not believe we will win (or would have won) a wooden spoon with Des Hasler as coach.

Could we very easily have missed the finals again in 2023, yes... but no spoon.

Edit: I'm not completely opposed to Des being replaced, as long as it is with a somewhat demonstrably better option... and I am far from convinced that the club's apparently anointed successor is a better option.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'm man enough to say I have no idea the best course of action from here.

I didnt really want Des back but he righted the ship....but now has he taken us as far as we can?

That said Seibold...dunno, Flanagan and the others......dunno

Last edited:

Jerry1

First Grader
Oh well, all the mail is now Hasler won't coach us next year. Seibold will be another Baz.. FFS if your going to punt a coach make sure you have a better one to replace him. We have been on the slide as a club since Penn took over.. I wish he'd piss off to the states & stay there. He's a festering sore poisoning this footy club.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I actually don't mind seibold. He was an awesome defensive coach at Melbourne, its why Manly hired him originally as an assistant before leaving for a head coach role.

He pretty much turned Souths around and put in their attacking plays they still use successfully today. He could be great for Shuster.

I personally would like him at least as an assistant to start, give Hasler at least one more chance to turn things around after the **** show the owners created this year with the pride jersey.

But who knows, Hasler doesn't like working with other high profile assistants and with pressure put on him via certain criteria he has to meet.

One thing is for certain, we need a change

Ryan

Journey Man
Agree with @Simonmyers11 - we need change.

Regardless of how we all feel - what will be, will be. Let's just allow the process to happen, and do what we do best, and support whatever the outcome may be (all be it people like me whingeing along the way haha).

I personally don't want Des back. I think we need a complete lobotomy. BUT, if he returns, even if he's extended, despite my whingeing and complaining about it, I'll still be here, loving this damned team until the end of days.

Not sure getting emotional, angry, upset will be good for any of us. Let's just enjoy the adventure, good, bad or ugly. And for the record, I absolutely expect every single one of you to a tee to still be here cheering us on next season and members and/or fans !

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You avoided answering that question

And no I do not believe we will win (or would have won) a wooden spoon with Des Hasler as coach.

Could we very easily have missed the finals again in 2023, yes... but no spoon.

Edit: I'm not completely opposed to Des being replaced, as long as it is with a somewhat demonstrably better option... and I am far from convinced that the club's apparently anointed successor is a better option.
For the record , I think our Roster isn’t a “ spoon “ roster , regardless of who the coach is.

Pick any of them (coaches ) and we’ll finish about the same as this year.

We are short of 2-3 good players to lift the team.

Eagle 1

First Grader
The media today make it sound like Seibold is a done deal as our head coach in 2024.
Isn't he involved with English Rugby...can't see him joining Manly thank god. Tbh not much on offer anyway, just a lot of failed recycled coaches. Des will be coaching us next season, Penn's a tight arse, he wouldn't want an early pay out of Des anyway.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The roster will be a challenge for a new coach coming in, hopefully it’s a coach that can at least bring structures in attack and defence.

The attack was abysmal in 2022 even when Turbo was injury free.

A coach who will give the younger players a crack and doesn’t stand for poor discipline, poor form and lack of effort by players would be fantastic, the shortfall with Des IMO is he picks players constantly after poor performances

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Des needs to shelve his ego and realise that he's an employee. Paid to do a job next year. The personnel decisions are up to the owners and CEOs not Des. He doesn't run the place, he doesn't pay the bills. Swallow you're fu*king pride Des , tow the line , coach them next year and mentor your successor for the good of the club that you supposedly love.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
For the record , I think our Roster isn’t a “ spoon “ roster , regardless of who the coach is.

Just because we may not have a 'Spoon roster' doesn't mean we cannot or will not win the wooden spoon.

Look at 2018... we had all of the following players available:
Tom (playing 22 games), Jake, DCE, Walker, AFB, Marty, Api, Fainu, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Joel Thompson, Moses Suli, and others.

Not a wooden spoon roster by any means, yet we finished 15th and only very narrowly avoided the spoon (at the last round of the season).

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
Honestly , all you Dessie fan boys!!

I bet I could stroll through dozens of threads this year where each and every one of you had been frustrated and bagged the coach!!

He won’t use the 17th man.

He won’t give a youngster a run.

He selects the same plodders each week.

I could go on , and on and on !!

AND

When there’s a proposed change you don’t like it because it’s NOT one of the top 2 or 3 coaches so you’re back on the Dessie bandwagon again !!!

**** ME DEAD!!

Seibold would be fine , don’t take what happened in that hatchet job at the Donkeys as what he can do. The Broncos old boys wanted Kevvie there so did everything they could to shaft Anthony.

Oh sure he’s no Craig Bellamy or Ivan Cleary but he’d be a more modern thinking , current generation coach than we currently have.
Exactly what I've been saying Mark great post 👍😊

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
I actually don't mind seibold. He was an awesome defensive coach at Melbourne, its why Manly hired him originally as an assistant before leaving for a head coach role.

He pretty much turned Souths around and put in their attacking plays they still use successfully today. He could be great for Shuster.

I personally would like him at least as an assistant to start, give Hasler at least one more chance to turn things around after the **** show the owners created this year with the pride jersey.

But who knows, Hasler doesn't like working with other high profile assistants and with pressure put on him via certain criteria he has to meet.

One thing is for certain, we need a change
Yes totally agree as I said before ,eg Tommy is a great attacking weapon but teams have worked him out this yr less affective before injury 🤕 New ideas new outlook can't hurt .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Des needs to shelve his ego and realise that he's an employee. Paid to do a job next year. The personnel decisions are up to the owners and CEOs not Des. He doesn't run the place, he doesn't pay the bills. Swallow you're fu*king pride Des , tow the line , coach them next year and mentor your successor for the good of the club that you supposedly love.
But as both you and I know , Des , the control freak could never do that.

This is , although not exactly (but close enough) , the same sort of ending we had in 2011.

Des needs to control everything , when ( in 2011) Dave Perry was brought in to rein him in it ended up very very badly.

Tony Mestrov has been brought in to fix the issues , and it’s going the same way.

This is just rinse & repeat.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate, if you want this petition signed en masse, link it to other teams boards / forums. I bet every other teams fans and members would LOVE to see Des Hasler remain at Brooky to enjoy watching the results, roster, culture deteriorate like it has over the past 4 years on and off the field.

That's how you'd get the most votes !!
Mate we have been getting on so well over the last few weeks and then you go and do a Kim Jong-um and fire a dirty rusty old missile right over my favourite island Des-Attol.....

Looks like the cracks are forming.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16