Any injuries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
Looked like Dessie wasn't at all happy with Oldfield's tackle attempt. He oozes potential, and you'd hope they'd be correcting his approach to the tackle. He needed to charge out to Graham, a clinging, waiting tackle was never going to stop Graham. If Graham beat him with a step inside, then so be it, and the cover defence gets a shot. But to let him slide under a waiting tackle on the outside is just asking to be scored against.

Yep Oldfield could have shown more urgency and he may have stopped the try. When Hoppa leaves next year i think Robbo and Wolfman should be our wingers. Oldfield will get his time soon enough.

Darren said:
tough call Brookie, you only get the "hardcore" mentality who go on those nights. I know some guys who are happy sitting in sleet and pouring rain and good on them. Problem is that most people demand abit of comfort these days, me included.

lol Darren, I was mainly having a go at a few of my mates who didn't turn up, yet all week they were talking about attending rain, hail or shine.

Not to worry the rain only came down once the Cowgirls scored their only try. Long way to travel for one try!

Brickwall Defence

Have read in today's tele that king picked up an ankle injury and will be replaced by Leroy Lars as 18 man for the blues

Watching that bloke as he worked his way into the match for Canberra yesterday it would not surprise if Stuart accidentally injures someone and pops him straight into the 17...

Oldfield is a future rep imo. Every player will have made these mistakes & are part of a learning curb. At full strength he will be down the pecking order with Hoppa, Wolf & Robbo all ahead of him. Thing that worries me is the possability another club will recognise his raw talent - sign him & we all look back at 1 that got away.

agree mk, he is only a kid and surrounded by players like brett, jamie, matai, des and staff. When he took off Bowen wasn't going to get near him. He has a beautifully efficient running style. Looking forward to seeing long range stuff next year I'd say. Don't let him go Des,

Darren said:
agree mk, he is only a kid and surrounded by players like brett, jamie, matai, des and staff. When he took off Bowen wasn't going to get near him. He has a beautifully efficient running style. Looking forward to seeing long range stuff next year I'd say. Don't let him go Des,

Dead right boys, and Oldy seems to learn pretty quickly on the job. In the game against Newcastle at brookie Oldfield got caught out when making a break down the left trying to get past his man on the outside and got bundled into touch. Later in the game a similar opportunity arose and Oldfield made sure he didn't repeat the error.

Yes a really sharp young gun destined for rep honours - I bet he and Des will go over that try and tighten up his defence even further.

Just watched the NRL.com video of 1st half of Manly vs Cowboys game and noticed the tackle when Brett Stewart got crunched in the nose. It was about 38.5 mins in and Stewart tackles Tariq Sims who was going for the tryline and looking dangerous.

Brett then rolls off clutching his nose but soon gets back into the action as Cowboys are on the attack with repeat sets on Manly's line. Manly did really well to deny the Cowboys a try at this point of the game just before halftime. The traffic was all going the cowboys way for what seemed like 10mins.

A bit of blood and hopefully it looked worse than what it was for Brett.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Getting back on topic, I noticed during the game that Matai was getting one of his thumbs strapped so maybe a sprained thumb for him.

Does anyone know if Kitey and or Robbo will be back next week. If Choc and Hoppa get through uninjured and those 2 are back from injury we might be at full strength for the first time since the 2008 GF. There will be some interesting selection dilemmas.

I know Rodney will still be out, but he wouldn't be in the top 17 now if he was fit.

If all fit my full strength side now would be as follows:
1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Hoppa
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. Joe
13. Glen
14. George
15. T-Rex
16. Buhrer
17. Robinson
18. Wolfie

Special mention to Mauro, Lussick & Oldfield

What an embarrassment of riches.

vert true ralph, but Des is a big fan of Rodney!! but since Rodney's gone, our defence hasn't faltered and we score more tries, rodney was a tackler and hit up man, never look to pass, maybe no room for him anymore!!

codewana said:
Yeah, but this year there is no rule that the defense has to be ready. So he could have caught it, sprinted to the 20, tapped and continued sprinting.

He can, but it must be in the centre of the 20 m line directly in front of the goalposts. He was out near the sideline so he would have had to go centerfield, take the tap and run back out to the sideline where the space was. By that time the defence would have been set. There is a mark on the 20 metre line in the middle of the field that they must take the tap on.

brookiegreg said:

Brett then rolls off clutching his nose but soon gets back into the action as Cowboys are on the attack with repeat sets on Manly's line. Manly did really well to deny the Cowboys a try at this point of the game just before halftime. The traffic was all going the cowboys way for what seemed like 10mins.

A bit of blood and hopefully it looked worse than what it was for Brett.

At half-time, the trainer runs over to Brett to wipe his nose and Brett just disregarded him, preferring to keep a bloody nose going into the sheds.

Ralphie said:
Does anyone know if Kitey and or Robbo will be back next week. If Choc and Hoppa get through uninjured and those 2 are back from injury we might be at full strength for the first time since the 2008 GF. There will be some interesting selection dilemmas.

I know Rodney will still be out, but he wouldn't be in the top 17 now if he was fit.

If all fit my full strength side now would be as follows:
1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Hoppa
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. Joe
13. Glen
14. George
15. T-Rex
16. Buhrer
17. Robinson
18. Wolfie

Special mention to Mauro, Lussick & Oldfield

What an embarrassment of riches.

Rodney would need a couple of games in reserves and then he would come back into our top 17 i beleive. Probably joe back to the bench to take robinsons place in the prop rotation with Rodney starting at 2nd row in joes place. I still dont know what the make up of our backline be if everyone is fit.

Not sure what Des will do & i see Rodney as reliable with great defensive work ethic but being honest would struggle to break back in on current form from the other guys if i had the call. Then again i dont but who the hell should get the punt??

bones said:
codewana said:
Yeah, but this year there is no rule that the defense has to be ready. So he could have caught it, sprinted to the 20, tapped and continued sprinting.

He can, but it must be in the centre of the 20 m line directly in front of the goalposts. He was out near the sideline so he would have had to go centerfield, take the tap and run back out to the sideline where the space was. By that time the defence would have been set. There is a mark on the 20 metre line in the middle of the field that they must take the tap on.

Ah! I didn't know about the fact that it needed to be in the centre of the field. Thanks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2