Anyone else think it was Gutsy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
We lost on the board but they scored 3+ off kicks and let me say....a few odd calls.
The youngsters who played stood tall and the experience leaders in DCE and Jake.....busted their guts out had a legitimate go all day.
Only a fraction off getting the win and as 1 who does not like blaming officials, they certainly weren't on our side.
Super disappointed, yet very proud of a Gutsy performance.,.

joeboy

Bencher
Only needed to be gutsy because we imploded at 12-0 should never have got to that point. Our errors and letting them back in is to be lamented rather than the Gutsiness be applauded. But still guts is something, so it’s not all bad

Last edited:

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guts and trying hard are great. But as we saw today it doesn't win you games. I'll take some execution and smart footy as a trade off for some "trying hard". The reason we have to try so hard is that we make life tough for ourselves.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah definately gutsy.
We are a very tough, committed footy side.

Unfortunately we lack a lot of things, mainly due to injuries, and conservative selection policies.

No-one could say that we didn't have a red hot go though.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Guts and trying hard are great. But as we saw today it doesn't win you games. I'll take some execution and smart footy as a trade off for some "trying hard". The reason we have to try so hard is that we make life tough for ourselves.
This is the problem... mediocre has been getting passed off as 'gutsy' for way too long... the standard that you walk past is the standard that you accept... and our standard has been terrible for way too long...
This would not be acceptable at the chooks or the storm so why should it be acceptable here?
(This is not a shot at the OP)

madmax

Bencher
We lost on the board but they scored 3+ off kicks and let me say....a few odd calls.
The youngsters who played stood tall and the experience leaders in DCE and Jake.....busted their guts out had a legitimate go all day.
Only a fraction off getting the win and as 1 who does not like blaming officials, they certainly weren't on our side.
Definitely agree......

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Gutsy yes, and many of those back up players did stand tall.. but I'm less forgiving on DCE and Jake. Tried and busted their guts... yeah, sure, they do so every week. However, effort alone is not enough from your senior stars.

Jake, is too often caught out on the wrong side of officiating decisions. Fairly or unfairly, I'm not going to argue. I'm just stating he is being called out for penalties and/or repeats way too often.

DCE... I couldn't believe his second half, especially after watching his team battle their guts out to get back in the game. We left a lot of points on the table because of his kicking game, let alone that 7 tackle shocker that led to their eventual game winning try. Not good enough, he failed in his key role miserably today.

Yes, I love the gutsy performance and those stretches of game where the team actually apply themselves and play to their abilities... however, those long stretches of poor concentration and ill-discipline, on top of failed leadership and game management is a big reason we are not winning games. This is not just simply an injury or talent issue, though obviously those things have a big part in it.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just posted a similar post on the DT site.
I was amazed at Cade Custs effort to keep going with all the injuries he had.
That sort of effort, from the smallest bloke on the field, is the sort of inspiration that we need.

XV-1

First Grader
I think it was a brain dead performance.

Where was the control and patience in maintaining the lead in the 1st and 2nd half. schoolboy errors over and over.

Even one of my Parra mates said we imploded in the last 14 minutes with mistake after mistake.

The good sides taken control, minimize errors and score even more points to put sides to bed.
We don’t seem to have that ability and some ( Suli ) don’t have the desire to push themselves.

Yet we have kids like Cust playing on a half a leg putting in 110% effort just makes the lazy ones look worse.

Get rid of the pea hearts and nourish and develop the guys that put it on the line week after week.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
This is the problem... mediocre has been getting passed off as 'gutsy' for way too long... the standard that you walk past is the standard that you accept... and our standard has been terrible for way too long...
This would not be acceptable at the chooks or the storm so why should it be acceptable here?
(This is not a shot at the OP)

This. We are a bang average footy side with bang average talent. We are at least 4 outside backs, 2 hookers and a quality half back short of first graders right now. As well as a quality kicker and goal kicker.

Api/Fainu should've been our hooker combo this year. Would have solved a ****load of problems.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I think it was a brain dead performance.

Where was the control and patience in maintaining the lead in the 1st and 2nd half. schoolboy errors over and over.

Even one of my Parra mates said we imploded in the last 14 minutes with mistake after mistake.

The good sides taken control, minimize errors and score even more points to put sides to bed.
We don’t seem to have that ability and some don’t ( Suli ) have the desire to push themselves. Yet we have kids like Cust playing on a half a leg putting in 110% effort just makes the lazy ones look worse.
We are scared to lose... have played our best football when down on the scoreboard for ages now but when we get in front we shut down and try not to f*ck up... and you cannot defend a score for long periods in the modern game...

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
571FCA00-5239-45FA-800D-4A9802BAE4AC.gif

GUTSY AS

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There was no doubt that the effort was there.

But we aren't good enough to give the opposition opportunities to score and not have it comer back to bite us.

So rather than say we didn't show up, it's closer to the point to say that dropped balls and errors cost us.

We're just not a strong enough roster to play without the guys we were missing today. It's just the way it is. I hope the powers that be realise it and try to address it in the off season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14