Are Manly players unfit and why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Contact injuries that impact the back have huge effects on the legs.
The Hamstrings & the lower back are well connected & personally - being an ordinary trainer at times - core training - particularly the stomach/lower back strenghening - helps reduce hamstring problems big time.....

Yes, lots of Manly players still unfit. Did not matter today against the P hearts called the warriors.

Against most of the sides, we just are not match fit enough to last out the 2nd half.

We used to be the fittest side.

I certainly hope the new coach and conditioner make fitness a priority.

13 players outlast and come home strong against a top 8 team and we are unfit?

That will do me, who left the game open

From what I understand they do very little aerobic training, Don uses games as the key session and everything around that is recovery, strength and match prep.

A lot of the players can’t swim because they sink (polynesian), so don’t participate in the swimming sessions that Don uses in recovery.

I believe that most other high level sports train a lot longer and harder regardless of how hard their game or event is.

Even though a league game becomes quite anaerobic - any exercise over that length of time is aerobic, therefore training needs to be on the higher end.

Just my opinion, however I’d be happy to give examples of other sports that train up to 16 times a week as compared to the 3 - 4 Manly sessions which includes a game
Get Brett to ask his brother what they do @ south's.....then do that!
(there's not a fat **** to be found in there side)

How do expect a bloke to be any good with a first name like Chanel...poor bloke.
(oops should've been in the other thread)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8