Are you a 2009 Screaming eagles member?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
DSM it makes you someone who puts your money up, and for that well done.

Vid you imply that those who dont shell out the dollars dont care about the future of the club etc.

do you really want to start that line up again?

Have never really stopped following that line to be honest so not a case of starting up again Fro?

I've posted on here and other sites often enough for regular viewers to know my point of view.

I saw one of your other posts re "freedom of choice....... as long as it was the same as theirs..." which is not the case from my point of view...As mentioned before if people genuinely don't have the cash (and many don't) then of course other priorities take precedent (I've read that you and the missus are expecting).......but with less that 3,000 members (apparently the lowest in the NRL - Who are the premiers again?) and then looking at how many turned out at Homebush in October, how many vehicles I still see around the beaches still flying Manly flags etc etc. I fully agree with Fluffy that it is high time for many more people putting their money where their mouth is and give something back.

Not rocket science......to keep a viable club in the NRL it requires cash?

The days of the Leagues club bailing out the football club are over and I figure it's unreasonable to expect that other people keep footing the bill whilst we get the rewards of supporting a team in top flight football. (How many non - members would like to be accused of missing a shout......?)

How many posts have I read being critical that the game is owned by the media, the huge outcry and gnashing of teeth over the Northern Eagles fiasco etc etc?

So many happy to share the joy of the Grand Final victory and all that went with it, screaming how much  they loved the club and the players and quoting how long they had "supported" Manly...... but when the club is desperate for something back we see hands very firmly tucked in pockets.......

ps CW - as the father of a young daughter hope everything goes well mate...

PPS DSM5 - Sorry mate, we don't play the Raiders in Canberra in 09 see here for fixtures

http://media.foxsports.com.au/images/2009_nrl_fixtures.pdf

The bus option with membership only covers Sydney metro (so won't cover the Newcastle game or the Dragons game which has been announced will be at WIN in the 'gong) but does cover Cronulla (best local away trip last season from my perspective) and Penrith plus of course Homebush, SFS  and wests games (Not sure where the Tigers game will be in round 21 as apparently they are playing at Leichhardt, Homebush and Campbelltown)

Re pick up, the bus generally leaves from the Leagues club (there has been a trend for it to leave in time for people to get to the ground to see the reggies...or a few beers pre-game) - pickups can be arranged within reason (eg last few seasons there have been a few picked up at Hornsby rail station for trips north like Newcastle and Gosford.

I've always found Grace at the club to be brilliant and happy to accomodate as best she can so always worth a chat with her when you are looking to book - the drivers we have are in the main pretty tolerant and Eagles fans so happy to stop for toilet breaks/macca stops, drop people off close to home on the way back etc etc etc so if given plenty of warning will do what they can without too many moans.

The 3 QLD games are shaping up as good trips, especially Brisbane (has become a huge weekend for travelling supporters over the last 3-4 years) and the Titans (Good turn out last season and we got pretty well organised with a big turn out at the Robina Tavern, bus to the ground and then back to the Gold Coast Crowne Plaza for a function with players past and present) so worth a look if you can get to one (or all) of them.....

Cheers
Vidmar

Vid I know thats your stance and always has been that way and thats cool,

that comment to which you refer wasnt aimed at you, It was fairly obvious who it was.

My point was that this has been thrashed out a million times and all chucking it in there again will do is have everyone repeat themselves for the 50th time.

Fro...I know mate, I know....

BUT...last time we had a thread like this there were 2 or 3 people who then joined as members.

If these types of posts can get the same result each time by encouraging, pursuading, shaming or cajoling the same numbers to join up we only have to repeat it around 10,000 times and the job is done......?

Doin' the Eagle Rock!

I'm all for "freedom of choice"

I live in Brisbane (please don't that against me!!!!)

I am a football club member

AND a season ticket holder

If I am lucky I may make ONE home game in 2009, so I suppose that makwes no sense.

If my couple of hundred dollars helps me get another Grand Final win in 2009, it will be cheap at a quarter of the price, and suddenly it DOES make sense.

The joy, thrill, emotion and shear elation of seeing a FORTY to NIL scoreline on the 5th of October was worth TEN times the price I pay.

The choice is yours, you can go to bed tonight knowing you have made a financial contribution to the club you love, or you can choose to sit at home and watch the games on Pay TV and Free to Air and comment on free websites, it is after all a democratic society we all live in.

I can't attend every home game, and so many of the dollars I spend at games goes to the coffers of other teams (Bronco's / Titans etc), so this is (in my opinion only) "my way" of doing "my bit" for the club.

BUT I am 110% behind "freedom of choice"

So just let your conscious be the final judge!!!

I'd like to see the Official Site with a PayPal donate area on site for those who want to give more or can't afford membership to give something if they choose.

Thanks for the spell check, twas a long day (office xmas party from 3.00pm to 7.00pm) so my brain was a little....rattled!!!

At this time of year - no worries. Fro is a resident spelling pedant but someone has to do his job from time to time. Have a good one.

Fro...you looked pretty mellow when I met you at the Leagues Club about 1.00am after the Grand Final...or should I say you looked pretty pissed!!!!

Thanks for the spell check guys, I am usually pretty good as I read what I type before posting but at 9.00pm after most of the day drinking Corona's and Red wine, one does get a little "hazy"

Does mean that there are two of you or is there someone going around the leagues club impersonating you??

Ok Fro, could have sworn I have met you,anyway it was a guy with an AFRO who called himself Fro...and I could have sworn it was at the Leagues club that night...so maybe there IS two of you!!!

hehe yeah there could well be Mark.

Mine comes as an extension of my name, I shave my head so it's not from that :)

Well there you go, you are NOT the Fro I met!!!

And all along I thought I knew you, oh well maybe one day!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2