Article on Greenturd being a failure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
great article. love the reference to "the shiny new head" hahha

The game has never been at such a high standard and yet been managed so poorly....

Todd is absolutely laughable on so many levels.. the fact he is still employed makes the NRL the laughing stock of world sport

first question - who has the power to fire him?

second question - can you wake them the fk up so they can do their dam job!

Only Smith I imagine would have the power to kick him out and the chances of that ??

A real pity the NRL missed out on Gil McLaughlin ( AFL ), a real smart operator with a business brain.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Only Smith I imagine would have the power to kick him out and the chances of that ??

Smith knows he'd struggle to manage misbehaving players like Benji Barba and Billy Mason (and even ex players like the immortal Andrew Jones) on his own.

Mark from Brisbane said:

A real pity the NRL missed out on Gil McLaughlin ( AFL ), a real smart operator with a business brain.

Not so sure about that. He's hardly a clean skin as he is neck deep in the AFL/ASADA/Essendon cover up.

MadMarcus said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Smith knows he'd struggle to manage misbehaving players like Benji Barba and Billy Mason (and even ex players like the immortal Andrew Jones) on his own.

Lol. Nice work MM. Go the Seagulls.

Masked Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Not so sure about that. He's hardly a clean skin as he is neck deep in the AFL/ASADA/Essendon cover up.

Not really, he inherited the ASADA drama from his predecessor, so that comment is a tad unfair...

Moops said:
Masked Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Not really, he inherited the ASADA drama from his predecessor, so that comment is a tad unfair...

Not really. He was the AFL operations manager (no 2) and its a little nieve to think he wasnt involved in decisions made by the AFL considering his role.

I disagree, demitriou's ego eclipsed all those around him. But anyways, the argument is whether the AFL has the better leadership. If you think the NRL is a better run organisation, I certainly don't agree with you but respect your opinion. I feel you may be in the minority though...

Moops said:
I disagree, demitriou's ego eclipsed all those around him. But anyways, the argument is whether the AFL has the better leadership. If you think the NRL is a better run organisation, I certainly don't agree with you but respect your opinion. I feel you may be in the minority though...

But does it have better people, better structures or does it just get an easier time in the media?

The AFL seems a little too untouchable to me. Whether it's a result of them being the corrupt organisation where the NRL is the victim of corrupt organisations or whether it's their status as a religion in their homestates which makes them untouchable, it's hard to say for sure.
But I don't think that importing some AFL numpty to run our game would solve the issues. I don't think he'd be able to grasp the fact that he and the game are not protected. He'd be out of his depth.

The AFL run a tight ship with the media and hold it over the heads of journos that they can revoke their media accreditation for AFL insider access. Most critical reports are from sources not holding accreditation. You can pretty much tell who's 'in' or not, in the way things like ASADA/Essendon are covered in the papers.

Duff said:
Moops said:

But does it have better people, better structures or does it just get an easier time in the media?

The AFL seems a little too untouchable to me. Whether it's a result of them being the corrupt organisation where the NRL is the victim of corrupt organisations or whether it's their status as a religion in their homestates which makes them untouchable, it's hard to say for sure.
But I don't think that importing some AFL numpty to run our game would solve the issues. I don't think he'd be able to grasp the fact that he and the game are not protected. He'd be out of his depth.

I think it is a case of education. Those involved in AFL certainly seem better equipped at the art of conversation/public speaking. AFL appeals to ALL in Victoria/SA/WA, whereas the NRL appeals more to the working class. We would be better off if we were one sport (rugby league/rugby union) and had some educated people involved in the running of our game (see rugby union). Until then, we have to put up with faux intellectuals such as Toddy Greenberg telling us what is good for us. I give the NRL 10 years before they are a minority sport right here in the harbour city. Seriously, one year of Buddy Franklin has outdone 100 years of rugby league. If the Swans win the comp, it is game over. We need to **** the dinosaurs now running the game right off!

Given his expertise in conning the media with his bs spin and his teflon exterior, I actually thought the Greenberg appointment may be a positive for the NRL's public image (he was able to do this for the dogs to an extent).

Not that I would have put him there, more just looking at the bright side at the time, hoping for a benefit to the NRL in the fight against the other codes.

Unfortunately

(a) his corrupt nature is now clear for all to see,

(b) it seems like he is accountable to nobody, and

(c) we don't actually know if what has been exposed about this guy so far is the worst of it!

Greenberg will preside over the demise of rugby league. Grant, Greenberg and Smith...god help us all!

Imagine the money they are wasting in the process. The game is so over refereed it has become a spectacle rather than a sport. Abysmal!

The game has become so far removed from which it once stood.

The game is now about wrestling and niggling where trangressors know they are safe to do protected by laws that prevent a player defending himself.

Referees now rule each game outsourcing all of the main decisions to another referee.

This is all happening under Greenturds watch.

Also it is evident how his dirty dogs are getting freebies from the match review committee in relation to recent games.

All under Greenturds watch.

I hope the game sees his ineptitude before its too late!

Wombat Legacy said:
Imagine the money they are wasting in the process. The game is so over refereed it has become a spectacle rather than a sport. Abysmal!

It's not a spectacle it's a "product." It's a product that is being manufactured for a TV audience. It's being manufactured to be a high scoring close event until the end of the 80 minutes. It hasn't been a contest for a long time.

The best analogy I can use is the extent of the "contest" in WWE Wrestling and the TV audience laps it up even though they know the results are completely contrived.

If they think high scoring finals are the most riveting they are idiots. The best finals game in recent memory was Manly V Easts at the SFS which finished 4-nil. That was epic, blood-and-guts rugby league, stoic defence countering great attack, which had everyone in the crowd enthralled for the entire 80 minutes.
We have that airy fairy nine-aside tournament now for the Gen Ys who want soft tries. Unfortunately it seems that our finals are following the same script.

Ralphie said:
Wombat Legacy said:

It's not a spectacle it's a "product." It's a product that is being manufactured for a TV audience. It's being manufactured to be a high scoring close event until the end of the 80 minutes. It hasn't been a contest for a long time.

The best analogy I can use is the extent of the "contest" in WWE Wrestling and the TV audience laps it up even though they know the results are completely contrived.

I say it is a spectacle :) All high profile sports are products. The leaders of our game are not particularly concerned with "reward for effort" just the spectacle of the games most popular treading the boards and receiving the accolades. Skewed competition at it's best.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes that 4-0 Semi v the Rorters, even though we lost has been the best semi final in years

Highly agree...what the hell has happened in the last 12 months....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6