Ashes Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
Long tour starts tonight with the first tour match against Sussex.

12 man squad:
Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Lee
Siddle
Hauritz
Hilfenhaus
Clark

Johnson is being rested, McDonald and Manou also not playing, Watson is injured (surprise surprise).

They are considering bringing in another batsman, all depends on Watson, probably Ferguson or Hodge.

7/349

Hughes 15
Katich 49
Ponting 8
Hussey 32
Clarke 45
North 1
Haddin 69
Lee 47*
Hauritz 65*

There's a familiar ring to that scorecard.

It is only a tour match,

I am sure ponting and the boys will be more focused come the first test.

I heard siddle is doing alright with the ball though.

Hauritz got pounded - he;s there as basically a containment bowler and he went for 98 of 18.  Cant see him getting a game if he keeps that rubbish up. 

He's a **** bowler full stop. How he is even being considered for tests astounds me. Just bowl 4 quicks and a medium pacer.

They should have taken McGain or Krejza - they might go for a few as well, but at least they are a chance of getting some turn. 

My side for the first test:

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson (or maybe North)
Haddin
Johnson
Clark
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

watson gorne, injured again

want to see hilfy play to cover any swing, johnson a must, clarke and piddle similar bowlers, one of which for sure, 4th spot spinner?? Hauritz not going well and north in for watson plus clarke probably covers it and allows another paceman, most likely the best performer of the lead ups.

Gents I have set up a dream team league which should help keep us awake during the late nights. 

http://cricket.virtualsports.com.au/

League number: 138437
League name: carnstraya

Fro link said:
at least you werent silly enough to suggest Lee

havnt seen anything over there but his bowling seems alright from the media reports, certainly piddle, johson are ahead but the latest i heard was its between clark and lee.

Sounds like hauritz will play as well

After 2005 i would like to see hilfy there for the swing option

Boys I have started a Dream Team league for the ashes:
http://www.cricket.virtualsports.com.au
League number 138437

yeah Fluff, they seem to have discounted Hilenhaus (the media) and I dont know why, he hasnt set the world on fire but has done nothnig wrong either.

And they'll play Hauritz, for the over rates if nothing else.

and he'll get smoked

Tour match against England A started last night, being shown live on Fox for anyone desperate for some cricket.

Katich played well, Hussey looked like he may be back in form, the rest of the top 6 got out poorly and cheaply. Looking forward to see Australia bowl tonight.

Lee took 5 last night and it sounds like that will mean he plays.

my guess at who lines up is

katich
hughes
ponting
hussey
clarke
north
haddin
lee
johnson
clark
siddle

Not a bad side - Lee/Clark are going to be more threatening than hopeless Hauritz. 

I watched Lee last night - he was over 150km/h basically every ball and had a few up at 155.  Looks like he has gotten his pace back. 

I guess the spin will be covered by three part timers - North, Clarke and Katich. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8