Assist coach 2024 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Well flanno gone.
West Sydney /Tarak purged.
New look team.
Who is the right person to be the new number 2?

It's the next big call.

Flanno was signed because he had runs on the board.
Does Tony seaballs go with another experienced coach?

Flanno was signed because he had runs on the board.
Does Tony seaballs go with another experienced coach?
I like many would love to see a manly ex as the assistant to bring the manly DNA, however I believe seibs is in need of an experienced assistant... and by experienced I mean most likely ex first grade coach

Titans guy (Holbrook) might be very good and potentially interested as it keeps his toe in NRL… Killer (from all accounts) hated Sydney and doubt he would be interested… Toovey I would love but club seems to have him on the outer and not sure whether he would want to work under Seibs anyway…
Left field suggestion - does Menzies have any interest in coaching? Beaver was always one of the fittest blokes at the club and his ability to run the right line and pop up in support was astonishing… plus he was an excellent defender…
Any chance or has he stated that he has no interest?

Some suggestions suggest that anyone can be an assistant coach; that’s not true at all. Guys like Lyon and Menzies have no experience. Sure, they played the game but that’s about all they’ll offer Seibs. We need someone with ideas about how the side should play (in a technical sense). Toovey, god love him is all heart but far from a tactician.

I think Holbrook is a great idea. Very experienced, won a Super League comp and can coach attack (which is Flanno’s current role). He had an 80% win ratio with St Helens.

Find someone like the Warriors new coach. Never heard of them, but someone at Panthers must have seen they had ability and made them an assistant there, now his ability is there for all to see.

Some suggestions suggest that anyone can be an assistant coach; that’s not true at all. Guys like Lyon and Menzies have no experience. Sure, they played the game but that’s about all they’ll offer Seibs. We need someone with ideas about how the side should play (in a technical sense). Toovey, god love him is all heart but far from a tactician.

I think Holbrook is a great idea. Very experienced, won a Super League comp and can coach attack (which is Flanno’s current role). He had an 80% win ratio with St Helens.
Agree not every player can coach but assistant coaches are tasked with implementing the strategies that the head coach develops and player management…
They would have input as to what they think can benefit the team (structures, plays etc) but the head coach has the final say… the coaches are not all developing their own tactics (defence, attack, combinations etc) in isolation…
That is my understanding anyways and that is why I reckon a bloke like Menzies who is a superstar player with no ego would be great in the role…

Having said that… I believe the Stewart boys (who both fit that same mould) are both working with the team at the moment and look where that has got us…

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8