Attention Football clubs members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
byso link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180748.msg228503#msg228503 date=1245508828]
[quote author=byso link=topic=180748.msg228495#msg228495 date=1245497346]
Yeah, but if the majority of board members want to vote out a CEO that is clearly biased to one owner he'll get kicked out again and there will still be nothing the members can do about it except wait for another vote.
Close but not quite correct. Instead of simply wait for another vote we could get ready for another vote. Subtle difference!
[/quote]

And rearrange the deck chairs with more of the same. As supporters we no idea what really goes on and you would be Kidding yourselves deluxe if you think you do.

Do you seriously believe the board members don't want whats best for the club?
[/quote]
I don't know them. But whatever their desires or intentions, are they doing what is best for the club? The FC club, that is. I am a member but have no idea (apart from hearsay) about why they have acted as they have and that is one of my main concerns.

I would like members to be more informed. There should be more than merely one meeting per year, plus some regular feedback from the board to members about what they are doing. Even an email newsletter would be better than what we have, which is nothing.

One of the main objects of the club is to acquire shares in Sea Eagles. What is the plan for achieving this? Are they trying to grow the membership? How? Maybe they do want what is best for the club but that does not necessarily man they are delivering that.

That's a very good point.

But many are suggesting that there's some sort of conspiracy that the board members and owners are purposely trying to damage the club.

byso link said:

But many are suggesting that there's some sort of conspiracy that the board members and owners are purposely trying to damage the club.
Well I haven't heard that but then again no-one tells me anything  :)
Again, if members were more involved and better informed there would be a lot less guesswork, suspicion, speculation, rumour etc etc

What's not recognized in all this is that there are many member who don't particularly want to be involved.  I and mine just pay the 25 bucks as a donation really and pay the screaming eagles for the 10 home games.  If a couple of those games are on the CC, it pisses me off, but I can see the benefit going to the club then that's OK.  If the majority of the Board want to see the back of the CEO then that's their move.  I can't see it having a direct problem for either the club or myself.  Let the Board move on, get a CEO who doesn't play with factions and on to the footie.  I really don't want to put any on my eggs in the baskets of any posters on this site, however well intentioned.     

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=180748.msg228538#msg228538 date=1245548018]

Well I haven't heard that but then again no-one tells me anything  :)
Again, if members were more involved and better informed there would be a lot less guesswork, suspicion, speculation, rumour etc etc
[/quote]

SES, I've been asked a few times to get involved with the Football Club board but have decided not to for a variety of reasons.
However I have now been asked again and having spoken to a number of people I have decided to do my bit and will be working with the Football Club to assist in improving the membership nunbers and also other aspects such as communication to existing members (as per your post).
I'm off to the game shortly so can't spend too much time posting but will try and give you an update on this later today/tomorrow via this forum
Cheers

GO YOU MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vidmar

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8