Aus v Pak 2022 Test Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's also my perception that he cared about Australian cricket more than the players,
Not sure how you draw that conclusion, although you might be a much closer observer than I.

There doesn't seem anything in his stint with WA that stamped him as an outstanding coach. He is just a tough guy with a tough disciplinarian approach who was told to clean up the Aussie camp after the scandal in Africa. According to Wiki he's a devout Catholic, politically conservative, an admirer of John Howard, and considered running for office as a member of the Liberal Party of Australia. I can imagine having him holding court over the squad would wear thin after a couple of years.

Not even sure in what way he was 'hung out to dry' by CA either, although that is a notoriously inept body. The criticism I heard from various pundits was that the team was winning so he should keep his job, which I don't think is a very good argument. Or he is a good bloke, therefore he should keep his job. Neither are good arguments imo.
Anyhow just my thoughts, ! don't really care.

(I did like Ian Chappell's comments about him though, chappelli wasn't very impressed with him!)

Not sure how you draw that conclusion, although you might be a much closer observer than I.

There doesn't seem anything in his stint with WA that stamped him as an outstanding coach. He is just a tough guy with a tough disciplinarian approach who was told to clean up the Aussie camp after the scandal in Africa. According to Wiki he's a devout Catholic, politically conservative, an admirer of John Howard, and considered running for office as a member of the Liberal Party of Australia. I can imagine having him holding court over the squad would wear thin after a couple of years.

Not even sure in what way he was 'hung out to dry' by CA either, although that is a notoriously inept body. The criticism I heard from various pundits was that the team was winning so he should keep his job, which I don't think is a very good argument. Or he is a good bloke, therefore he should keep his job. Neither are good arguments imo.
Anyhow just my thoughts, ! don't really care.

(I did like Ian Chappell's comments about him though, chappelli wasn't very impressed with him!)
Was going to reply, but since you “don’t really care”, no need!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lol what I meant was I'm not really fussed whether Langer went or stayed, but I did find it interesting that his resignation caused such outrage in certain qarters. (not you but the Talkin Sport mob and of course many of Langer's old teammates.) I could understand his mates to some extent sticking up for him, but I didn't really understand the attacks on Cummins. Oh well.

They interviewed him after the game and he said ‘I look 65 but I’m only 42. Supporting the eels does that to you. At least I only had to wait 24 years for this victory!’
Vossy and Ennis were giving him a wrap in the Eels/Scum game. He might’ve been a Parra fan, but to his credit, he was waving the Aussie flag madly. Good on him.

Last edited:
Not the right thread but in the womens world cup semi final, Aust are batting against the West Indies and the WI have dropped 4 quite easy catches.

So they seem to be either rubbish, or the other thing.

Not the right thread but in the womens world cup semi final, Aust are batting against the West Indies and the WI have dropped 4 quite easy catches.

So they seem to be either rubbish, or the other thing.

lol, as I was typing that, the WI's took a good catch.

AUSW 305/3 (45)
WIW 148 (37) CRR: 4 REQ: 19.75

WIW - they had two batswomen who didn't bat due to injuries. So it was a bit of a thumping. Still AustW off to the finals.

-again, sorry it's not in it's own thread.

But it's 11pm and the rule is no new threads after 8.30pm!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4