Aussies batting first against Pakis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I said a while ago Zap, at least hes still there, and about to bring up his ton as well.

Lnager and gilly completly changed the game.

1/148 in the session with the aussies 5/220 at tea.

Langer 100, gilly 64 from 65 balls.

langer last 80 came off about 80 balls. was 22 at lunch.

Sounds like when the bowlers gets tired it's a carve up.....shame we don't have more depth in the batting!

Lnager and gilly completly changed the game.

Again, they did the same thing in Hobart 5 years ago against Pakistan.

Wheres all the "experts" who only wanted to play 6 batsmen, tht would have had Mr Warne in at 5 for not many. Although Gilly and Langer may have just done this one wicket earlier.

Eat your words criticising Langer Zappo, highest runscorer in test cricket this year so far 8)

Well done to Langer, but what would Katich have done on his former home ground. Bring him back, get Ponting to learn how to captain and we won't need Lehmann.

Ponting will grow into the job, but I'm glad someone else agrees thats the main reason why Lehmann is in the team to look after Ricky a bit.

I was wrong about langer but his Strike rate at one point went down to 26, that is terrible

Smart batting though, he just saw off the new ball, its ok in tests. He ended up with a strike rate of 68, so once he saw off the good bowling with the new ball then he went hard.

Thats was a fantastic innings.

Aussies killed them although ponting showed some stupid captaincy and dropped another pill.

0/15 in our second with a 202 run lead after the first innings.

Kaspa took 5.

McGrath his usual good consistent self

Dizzy a bit dissapointing seemed 90% of his usual self in pace and aggression.

What a great test, we win by 491 runs against the third ranked test team in the world. Cricket IMO is deadset becoming a joke due to the lack of a decent contest. Hopefully the Ashes series next year will put a spark back into the game.

The pakis are rates higher than their current team - if you look there are a lot of newer players. Ranking take in test that go back 4 years in some cases.

The poms are the next best on form at the moment, 8 tests unbeaten and the only unbeaten team in 2004 so far. Harmison has become a real quality bowler since he was out here last and there batsman are coming on with Strauss looking very impressive. Only player ever to score a century in his first test against 3 different countries.

The Ashes should finally have some meaning for the first time since the last6 80's.

Dizzy will be disspapointed with his performance in this test, look for him to fire at the MCG.

Whos to say Lee wouldnt have been better on a pitch that suited him, look at aktar took 5 wickets bowling to far better batsman than Kasper.

Beside you would not that i said i wanted 4 pace bowlers then lee over kasper.

Saying that is like saying when the knights half went well then its a good thing johns is injured or they would have lossed.

No way you can tell how Brett Lee would have gone. Lets just say that on a pitch that suited him he wouldnt have gone much worse and could well have done better.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6