Back under the radar again - Just the way we like it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
So many doomsdayers sit back and enjoy the ride... We'll be fine... Any other team would of got beat by Penrith last night, Premiers , return to their home ground . They are a good team

Yes we have heaps of improvement, with the addition of Walker and Schuster we will be stronger stop stressing..

Thats all

So many doomsdayers sit back and enjoy the ride... We'll be fine... Any other team would of got beat by Penrith last night, Premiers , return to their home ground . They are a good team

Yes we have heaps of improvement, with the addition of Walker and Schuster we will be stronger stop stressing..

Thats all

Finally! A sealable post.

Beyond me how everyone is reacting after last night. I’m really not surprised by the result as Penrith played a next to perfect 80mins. They would of cleaned up any team in the comp with that performance so this is nothing to be disheartened by.

That was close to semi final intensity played in round 1 which is crazy. In saying that, Penrith will burn out if they play that way every week for the season.

We have another great contest next week in the Chooks. Let’s enjoy the ride!

I got 14 dollars for top 4 prior to round 1 last year
In round seven I got 41 dollars and 14 fir the 8

Keep your cash in your pocket
Old dogs for hard roads

We will definitely get better and won't be playing a team of that quality each week. Penrith would have beaten any team in the comp with a performance like that. Just a bit of over reaction happening with some on here

Did anyone find it ironic, when there is a campaign to rid gambling from RL, that we played last night at Blue Bet Stadium, in jerseys promoting Points Bet, and every second ad on TV was one promoting gambling?
They don't say 'multi' enough for my liking. They could get it in a couple 100 more times before it gets annoying hahaha

As we all can agree, improvement for manly this year isn't about beating the bottom 12 teams by 50-0, it's by countering the top 3 teams. It's defence, it's presence, it's mobility, it's competitiveness, competitiveness, competitiveness and competitiveness.

We shouldn't be significantly impacted by the return of Schuster and Walker. And if we are, then that is the problem. If two injuries causes our game to implode, then the team is too fragile and they need to be treated by the coaching staff differently.

An engineer would design a structure that can withold under some adversity, and it is clear we are still very much in the process of being designed. However, I don't think Schuster and Walker had too much bearing in this game. It comes back to the points in the first paragraph.

Rd 1 or not, we were exposed and that is a great thing, so long as the coaching staff don't move on and forget it. Sports constantly evolve. If a problem comes up early at any point in the season (eg. a strong forward pack begins to look slow, passive centres, etc) then we need to adapt our game before history repeats itself later on.

The problems last night weren't the first we'd seen them. They are part of a pattern, and just a few slight changes may break us out of it. A mobile lock (not jake), increased workload from the backline, simple direct attack, dropping an experienced forward for youth, instilling a frantic, exaggerated struggle in the play the ball and gradually...eventually, the brainwashing of our players into cold-blooded (rugby league team) killers. I don't see any significant changes there.

As we all can agree, improvement for manly this year isn't about beating the bottom 12 teams by 50-0, it's by countering the top 3 teams. It's defence, it's presence, it's mobility, it's competitiveness, competitiveness, competitiveness and competitiveness.

We shouldn't be significantly impacted by the return of Schuster and Walker. And if we are, then that is the problem. If two injuries causes our game to implode, then the team is too fragile and they need to be treated by the coaching staff differently.

An engineer would design a structure that can withold under some adversity, and it is clear we are still very much in the process of being designed. However, I don't think Schuster and Walker had too much bearing in this game. It comes back to the points in the first paragraph.

Rd 1 or not, we were exposed and that is a great thing, so long as the coaching staff don't move on and forget it. Sports constantly evolve. If a problem comes up early at any point in the season (eg. a strong forward pack begins to look slow, passive centres, etc) then we need to adapt our game before history repeats itself later on.

The problems last night weren't the first we'd seen them. They are part of a pattern, and just a few slight changes may break us out of it. A mobile lock (not jake), increased workload from the backline, simple direct attack, dropping an experienced forward for youth, instilling a frantic, exaggerated struggle in the play the ball and gradually...eventually, the brainwashing of our players into cold-blooded (rugby league team) killers. I don't see any significant changes there.
Jake to play 60 minutes at prop & either Bullemor, Schuster or Olakau'atu to lock maybe?

I got 14 dollars for top 4 prior to round 1 last year
In round seven I got 41 dollars and 14 fir the 8

Keep your cash in your pocket
Old dogs for hard roads
I'm trying to gamble responsibly but when you put it like that .....take my money....only after when we blow out

In hindsight, Penrith were pretty awesome actually. Manly scrambled desperately but they were too good. Lucky that wasn't the grand final.
Agree, Panthers were very good...in some ways though, it’d be better if we were terrible because we’d be bound to turn it around at some point...unfortunately, it looked like we tried and were gallant but just aren’t up to it...

I know we’ll win games this year but I worry that our roster is not premiership material...I think there is enough in the backline but our pack is unbalanced.

In hindsight, Penrith were pretty awesome actually. Manly scrambled desperately but they were too good. Lucky that wasn't the grand final.
Haha if that was the Grand Final then only one of those teams would've been playing. We are light years from their level.

I’m not writing our season off just yet , it maybe good to get a good bitch slapping early in the year so that we are aware of the standard we need to reach
Our line speed was slow our ruck work was punished by the ref.
I thing Marty and Sippers have to come off the bench
I also think as much as he is a lion heart that Croker has to get a running game so we are a threat from 9 which atm we are not or we have to give Lawton a decent chance to show his wares,depending on how the season goes maybe even blood Gordon in the last 10 mins of each half
I liked how Koula was given a taste a pity he had no room
With someone like Koula in the team surely we can use TT as decoy every now and again to sow doubt.
Bully I think is a work in progress
Anyone have any idea when the Shu is back ?
Anyway for the nervous nellies , panic merchants and pearl clutchers relax we have the team to asses adapt and overcome
Go Manly

I'm not sure we were ever really on the radar were we ? If you look at our form against the top 4 sides over the last 2 seasons (Panthers, Storm, Roosters, Rabbits) I think our win against the depleted Roosters in last years finals is the only W we've had in 2 seasons against those teams from memory. Parra have been touted as a top 4 side and we have knocked them off a couple of times, but i think the fact that we are beating them shows that aren't really a serious premiership threat and their finals performances confirm that

So that tells me we are still a rung down the ladder from being realistic contenders. It's great to be beating up on the Dogs and Cows, but any team that has serious premiership aspirations makes short work of us. We can't rely on Tommy dragging us into finals, he needs some help and I think we are still a year or two away from providing that

my opinion isn’t based on this week, I said the same thing last season, we aren’t a good enough TEAM to win the comp..
We have the best player in the comp, and we have blokes that try hard, but making almost no changes to a team that looked absolutely second rate against the top sides, and expecting a different outcome in 2022 is insane..
It’s an attacking game now… theve penalised the defence right out of it, you need dynamic, smart attacking players to win the comp.. Harper tries hard but is a rag doll… Parker runs his kamikaze lines but never makes a dent in the defence… look at him hit the line then watch someone like olam do it.. one skittles players, makes breaks, scores try, the other hits the line and drops, or gets forced back 15 meters EVERY time..
We need an attacking hooker.. no one is calling our forwards on, no one is darting from the ruck, our forwards look like they are in slow motion because we don’t have a proper hooker getting them to roll up the field..

We will flog the bad teams, beat most the ok teams , and we will get smothered by the top teams..
Because we refuse to make the needed changes..

That’s just my opinion and I’m happy to be proven wrong.. but I’m pretty sure I’m not.. we SHOULD be playing in September, but won’t be making any grand finals unless we bite the bullet and fix the glaring issues

t’s an attacking game now… theve penalised the defence right out of it, you need dynamic, smart attacking players to win the comp
In which case looks like the Dogs will in for a great year then.
And the dinosaur sides like Storm Chooks and Penrith with tight defences will struggle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8