Bad mistakes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ridiculous mistakes

I don’t expect perfect footy, but croker dropping the ball cold, Parker dropping it in heavy contact on the reg, aloai giving them the ball back after points and Garrick making a meal of mopping up were especially hard to watch

The other thing that I’ve been saying and was especially evident tonight is that our centres are just to slow to take full advantage of the space created and passing games of Foran/Tom/schuster/dce

When the whips are cracking against the good teams, you lose if you don’t convert those chances

On a greasy Harper seems to take a while to wind up and cuts back inside too much along with that skipping running motion but in saying that they both do a job also and have their quality moments.
After he got bundled over touch and Garrick before him, the reason he cut inside should be apparent.

Harper adjusted for the conditions.

He is an amazingly astute player - his adaption is exactly what a team needs. He was great tonight.

Is anyone listening to mick anus & dronks analysis of this game one saying storm suffocated us & the other storm to strong.Only brandy brought up it would been a different game if we didn’t make so many errors.Geez that anus is an fwit seriously did he not watch the game.

We aren't disciplined enough to take on the Storm at their own game. We need everything to go our way and chance our arm. It didn't tonight. Too many stupid errors, and we lack that composure you need in the big games. We've got a young side and that'll come with experience.
I agree
Give us a year or 2 and watch out.
We are still a very young side but with so much upside.
It would be a waste of talent if this squad doesn't win a title in the next 5 years

After he got bundled over touch and Garrick before him, the reason he cut inside should be apparent.

Harper adjusted for the conditions.

He is an amazingly astute player - his adaption is exactly what a team needs. He was great tonight.

My comment in relation to cutting back inside is about all season not about tonight on a slippery deck. Harper is a very clever defender in his decision making but both our centres still allow players to get on the outside way too easily for the pace they have to cover such runs.

We did really well to keep in it tonight. I think they will take a huge boost out of that game.
Our errors killed us; however, we played tough and didn’t give up. We can get them if we play them in the finals.

We need to push for top four. We can still get it. How we bounce back next week will tell us a lot.

And bad mistakes
We've made a few
We've had our share of Melbourne Scum
Kicked in our face
But we will come through
Though corrupt decisions by Muppet refs will go on and on and on and on
We will be the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We will be the champions
We will be the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we will be the champions of the NRL.

Hmmm this seemed like a good idea at the time. This post was possibly inspired by two too many drinks. Clearly attempting to drink away my sorrows. Might quit whilst I am ahead
#drunkpostong

We simply made sloppy errors at crucial times. The Tom bomb, Aloiai error fmd, Hamole obstruction call, Josh horrible effort on Jerome Hughes, or Hamole laying at marker at tackle 5.
Questioning he either Suli or Walker need to start for strike, we are close but need more extra effort.

And bad mistakes
We've made a few
We've had our share of Melbourne Scum
Kicked in our face
But we will come through
Though corrupt decisions by Muppet refs will go on and on and on and on
We will be the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We will be the champions
We will be the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we will be the champions of the NRL.

Hmmm this seemed like a good idea at the time. This post was possibly inspired by two too many drinks. Clearly attempting to drink away my sorrows. Might quit whilst I am ahead
#drunkpostong

It's good to read you thought you were ahead.
(teehee)

You do you!

And sigh...

error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error
error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error

someone get the mf errors off this mf playing field!

We really just beat ourselves. We put ourselves so many times in the position to take a hold of the game. But error after error. You can't let a team Melbourne back to our half every time through our own accord. They looked so beatable last night but we shot ourselves in the foot. Our attack exposed them, we make metres so easy getting out of our own territory, and points came easy when we had the minimal chances in their 20. Clean up those errors, get a 50/50 share of the ball and some calls go our way and we beat those scum.

It's easy to say "if Manly didn't drop the ball here, didn't do a high risk offload their, didn't get bundled into touch, didn't give away penalties at the back end of a tackle set" etc etc but that is what pressure does to teams and Melb consistently achieve better in those stats than any other team.

When Manly achieve low errors, low missed tackle counts and low penalty numbers it is seen as our perfect exception to the rule game, when Melb achieve the same numbers it is seen as business as usual----or "the NRL sides with Melb for the past 14yrs"

Problem is when you overly focus on low error counts that in itself applies it's own pressure and you start to play with tension or within yourself---you know you can't beat the Storm with high error rates but you also know you can't beat the Storm going into your shell and playing low risk footy.

Manly just have to play their game no matter what and just allow the natural improvement and confidence of the team to reduce our error count or compensate with good attacking execution that builds pressure on the Storm with points.

It's easy to say "if Manly didn't drop the ball here, didn't do a high risk offload their, didn't get bundled into touch, didn't give away penalties at the back end of a tackle set" etc etc but that is what pressure does to teams and Melb consistently achieve better in those stats than any other team.

When Manly achieve low errors, low missed tackle counts and low penalty numbers it is seen as our perfect exception to the rule game, when Melb achieve the same numbers it is seen as business as usual----or "the NRL sides with Melb for the past 14yrs"

Problem is when you overly focus on low error counts that in itself applies it's own pressure and you start to play with tension or within yourself---you know you can't beat the Storm with high error rates but you also know you can't beat the Storm going into your shell and playing low risk footy.

Manly just have to play their game no matter what and just allow the natural improvement and confidence of the team to reduce our error count or compensate with good attacking execution that builds pressure on the Storm with points.
But when you look at the errors not many of them were from playing expansive footy. Simple dropped balls off a hit up or dropped bomb from Turbo, not getting to marker on your line. These are all basic U8s type mistakes. I think we can all handle the mistakes when playing an exciting type of footy, as you say you will inevitably get some errors when playing this way BUT what we can't except is a dropped ball from hooker with no one around you or simple dropped balls off a hit up. These are the big killers! Even Chez's kicks that went dead im not too fussed about cos a bounce of the ball will often go against you.

But when you look at the errors not many of them were from playing expansive footy. Simple dropped balls off a hit up or dropped bomb from Turbo, not getting to marker on your line. These are all basic U8s type mistakes. I think we can all handle the mistakes when playing an exciting type of footy, as you say you will inevitably get some errors when playing this way BUT what we can't except is a dropped ball from hooker with no one around you or simple dropped balls off a hit up. These are the big killers! Even Chez's kicks that went dead im not too fussed about cos a bounce of the ball will often go against you.
Unforced errors can also increase under the feeling of pressure to perform.

Yes Croker drops the ball, but the pressure to take advantage of the limited opportunities Melb provide and thinking ahead to the next play in the hope you are sharper will create errors also.

DCE too often in the big games has a poor short kicking game "when it matters" or kicks at the wrong times.

Last edited:
Good news is that on the basis of that performance, we seem good enough to go deep into the finals, but at our current level we are not good enough to win the premiership... for most of the reasons highlighted here.

Unless Melbourne have a shock loss like they did against the Warriors in the 2011 Prelim Final then I don't think we have much of a chance... but would love to be proven wrong

All Storm points were directly from our mistakes.
Croker dropped ball early which leads to their first try.
Turbo dropped ball for a try.
Aloiai dropping the ball for a try.
4th try from a poor missed tackle by Schuster and a lucky bounce.
Chez kicking dead twice (unlucky)
Garrick throwing the ball away after a break.
Harper running out.
We can't afford to complete so poorly in these big games come semis time.
I understand there will be errors but these are all unforced errors that could very easily be avoided. We didn't deserve to win. We definitely have the game plan and team to beat them but will need to improve in our completion rate.
Nice Robbo, you managed to capture half our errors. There were more than that. Throw in the penalties we gave away and it’s a miracle we lost by 10. We will beat these guys later in the year.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10