BAN the black away strip.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we ban the black away strip forever?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Don't like it.

One funny thing, the missus walked passed and couldn't believe I was watching 2 other teams playing that did not include Manly, lol (I typically don't watch the other games)
My Mrs hates Rugba Leeg but even she took the time to express shock that we would play in colours that were not ours....

...says a lot about the stupidity of it I reckon....

The US college football team, the Nebraska Cornhusker’s defensive team are called the Black-shirts, & that goes okay for them.
But the Manly jersey, post Tragic Round, Friday the 13th has become bad ju-ju now.
I suffered through the game on CH9, even Fatty Vautin mumbled to himself that he wished they’d worn the Manly colours
. E40F559B-A2C6-4A28-8CEA-6E32687DABDD.png

We are 2/2 on stuffing up on receiving the kick off in the black points bet billboards. Did I read we were going to wear them v Melbourne too? Please no.

What the point of the black jersey? Who came up with it, is it a Pointsbet thing so we see nothing but pointsbet?

I’d like to see the SeaEagle badge/logo bigger, on the hoops jersey, of course.

All I can think of is that the club had a premonition that the match would turn into a funeral and dressed the players in black.

Hooking up with bookmakers is a mugs game. Who organised it? If it was Kevin’s son, well that makes sense.
The owners of this club are tone deaf if they allow another Manly team to play in a black jersey.
Our colours are maroon and white, of which we are proud and a hell of a lot more important than the colours of a betting agency.
Do the Penns really need blood money from the loses of pitiful punters that badly?
For goodness sake Penn and co.: sell up and allow the club to be run by people who love it, not one who prosper financially from it.

The owners of this club are tone deaf if they allow another Manly team to play in a black jersey.
Our colours are maroon and white, of which we are proud and a hell of a lot more important than the colours of a betting agency.
Do the Penns really need blood money from the loses of pitiful punters that badly?
For goodness sake Penn and co.: sell up and allow the club to be run by people who love it, not one who prosper financially from it.
I hate them.

I believe Ryan is on the money when he describes how they dudded the LC on purchasing the site, only to on-sell at a significant profit. Then used the profit to underwrite their investment in the club.

They are the root cause of virtually every misstep this club has endured since they bought in, c.2006.

Last edited:
Honestly ( whilst I hate the jersey too) how many of you really think putting on our normal home jumper would have made ONE once of difference to last nights result ??

Come on , out yourselves !!!

PS: if you do I reckon you know less about football than me AND I’m just a numbnut!!

There was, a long time ago, an intelligent Norseman who had seen and done it all.

After contemplation of his long life, he gave the advice:

"Never wear black on Friday the 13th"

As above, it's not an away jersey it's an "alternate" jersey!
I like it as a warm-up/training jersey but definitely not for game days!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8