Barrett and Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Believe it or not. Not sure if staged because of all the criticism from Manly fans he has received for showing no emotion. Cartwright was slightly animated tonight on Channel 9 coverage. I do emphasise slightly.

Were there any electrical instruments that may have been used to prod him? Maybe they are using a prod as a new club initiative to get Cartwright to show some appropriate emotion.

I was devastated when they shafted Tooves but accept they Barrett is our coach.
As a rookie, he definitely needed an old head as assistant but I think that old head should have been someone who had been or still was at the club.
The mass clean out that was done meant that when the club was faltering, and inevitable doubt crept into the players minds (does this rookie know what he's doing?) there was no-one to assure them that it was all headed in the right direction.
I'd replace Cartwright (who looks like he truly doesn't give a **** and is there only for the pay cheque) with an experienced Manly person, no idea who.
Barrett really did accept a poisoned chalice here with many new players, apparent interference from above, and all new support staff who clearly had no way of maintaining what had been built over decades.

It is strange to see both Coaches just spectate during a match and not adjust the tactics dynamically @:cool:
Who is sending messages out with the Trainer?

Seems that the game plan is set and not updated till the half time break :cool:

I reckon the team look like a unit. They seem to play for eachother. Especially since turbo has been in the number one jersy. Almost looked like rhe team started to gel about the same time.

Barret has has some pretty big stuff to deal with as a rookie. He seems to be improving and has a squad that looks like they want to play for him. This is a good sign

Year 2 will be telling fot both he and the team. The turnover in the offseason that continued through the season was major. Then losing matai, stewie and bj for the season honestly makes the team virtually unrecognisable.He has a pretty strong nucleus which he needs to grow in size.

Im prepared to give him more time but he needs a few more players. They have to do a deal that sees the end of stewart. Even before recruiting this is the priority.

If he is a puppet he needs to draw the line on that ****. Siebold needs to stay, our defence is looking good. Hard to see what cartwright does but im not close enough to say. Trent needs to harden up, stop being eveyone buddy, make the tough calls, deliver the hard messages other wise he will pay the price. Players and clubs are good like that

I reckon the team look like a unit. They seem to play for eachother. Especially since turbo has been in the number one jersy. Almost looked like rhe team started to gel about the same time.

Barret has has some pretty big stuff to deal with as a rookie. He seems to be improving and has a squad that looks like they want to play for him. This is a good sign

Year 2 will be telling fot both he and the team. The turnover in the offseason that continued through the season was major. Then losing matai, stewie and bj for the season honestly makes the team virtually unrecognisable.He has a pretty strong nucleus which he needs to grow in size.

Im prepared to give him more time but he needs a few more players. They have to do a deal that sees the end of stewart. Even before recruiting this is the priority.

If he is a puppet he needs to draw the line on that ****. Siebold needs to stay, our defence is looking good. Hard to see what cartwright does but im not close enough to say. Trent needs to harden up, stop being eveyone buddy, make the tough calls, deliver the hard messages other wise he will pay the price. Players and clubs are good like that

Some very big IF's there mate.

Agree with all you have said but not sure all the if's can be accommodated.

Some very big IF's there mate.

Agree with all you have said but not sure all the if's can be accommodated.

Yeah i get that. Its easy to be disappointed but the fact remains. 14 departures in the off season, complete overhaul of all footy staff. 3 more departures mid season. Season enders to matai and bj. Rumours of unrest with stewie.

Key injuries, piss poor draw. Pressure was on. In that time the team got better. Defence improved. They honestly looked like they hadnt met eachother at the beggining of the season.

We didnt really beat to many contenders but the way we lost since the cows has been telling. Its not all roses, i get that , but everyones expectation belong to themselves. While the players probably feel pissed some of the fan expectations are clearly not in check with reality considering.

I thought the season would be better at the start but as it progressed it was clear there was a lot of work to come. I think barret can work out all right if he is given the chance to do so.

Im just not a doom and gloom kind of guy. Its footy. We have had a good run and i quite like a good rebuild. It was coming wether we wanted it or not

Yeah i get that. Its easy to be disappointed but the fact remains. 14 departures in the off season, complete overhaul of all footy staff. 3 more departures mid season. Season enders to matai and bj. Rumours of unrest with stewie.

Key injuries, piss poor draw. Pressure was on. In that time the team got better. Defence improved. They honestly looked like they hadnt met eachother at the beggining of the season.

We didnt really beat to many contenders but the way we lost since the cows has been telling. Its not all roses, i get that , but everyones expectation belong to themselves. While the players probably feel pissed some of the fan expectations are clearly not in check with reality considering.

I thought the season would be better at the start but as it progressed it was clear there was a lot of work to come. I think barret can work out all right if he is given the chance to do so.

Im just not a doom and gloom kind of guy. Its footy. We have had a good run and i quite like a good rebuild. It was coming wether we wanted it or not

Very well said.

I don't buy this 'he isn't a Manly' kind of guy routine.

Was BK a 'manly guy'?

Was Lyon a 'Manly Guy'?

Was brent Kite a 'Manly Guy'?

We openly laud these players for shaping our current culture and belief - yet NONE OF THEM are from manly.

IOt amazes me how we, as supporters, pick and chose when we want to judge people as being 'Manly' through and through.

Barrett is our coach - therefore, he is from manly. I agree that our season is disappointing - but it is also disappointing to come 9th, or to lose a GF.

have we improved our player roster? YES
have we improved the team performance throughout the season? YES
Do we have cause for optimism? Yes

Do we need to do a lot of bloody work still? YES

abottandcolstellocommoncoremath.jpg

Toovey and his assitants would capture footage of the first half on their latops and show the players at half time .. areas that could be exposed .. or errors we were making

basically playing footage so players can adjsut

And you know this isn't happening because ....

Honestly how often do you see any head coach in deep discussion with his assistants during a game?

Looking for things that were never there in the first place imho

Last edited:
It is strange to see both Coaches just spectate during a match and not adjust the tactics dynamically @:cool:
Who is sending messages out with the Trainer?

Seems that the game plan is set and not updated till the half time break :cool:
Agree. And this is fair criticism of our coaches. Our in ability to adapt and respond during a game this year has hurt us.

Very well said.

I don't buy this 'he isn't a Manly' kind of guy routine.

Was BK a 'manly guy'?

Was Lyon a 'Manly Guy'?

Was brent Kite a 'Manly Guy'?

We openly laud these players for shaping our current culture and belief - yet NONE OF THEM are from manly.

IOt amazes me how we, as supporters, pick and chose when we want to judge people as being 'Manly' through and through.

Barrett is our coach - therefore, he is from manly. I agree that our season is disappointing - but it is also disappointing to come 9th, or to lose a GF.

have we improved our player roster? YES
have we improved the team performance throughout the season? YES
Do we have cause for optimism? Yes

Do we need to do a lot of bloody work still? YES

I think most of the talk about categorising a 'Manly guy' is in reference to Barrett.

Given our history of success with former players coaching us to premierships (we have only won the premiership with a former Manly player as coach), I can understand the scepticism behind this 'Manly guy' idea.

Experiencing the hate as a player can help to manage a team that is hated so much.

Of course, this does not mean Barrett won't be successful. In fact, the culture of our team's dislike by the rest of the competition may not necessarily be a factor at all.

It is something to consider, though.

Funny old game

We nab a penalty goal in each of the last two weeks and we are equal 7th and everyone here would be creaming about Barrett having us on a roll
If my grandmother had balls she would be my grand father.
We don't live is a world of if's . We live in reality feathered friend .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4