Barrett - HT you have it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Barrett HT talk paid dividends
No doubt those simple 1% areas Manly lose...allowing quick plays...not winning the contact....pride in your jersey....it all showed.
EVERY contact in that 2nd half they competed and more often ...won.
Well done Barrett - helped lift these boys off the floor and run away with the game against the so - called challenger to Storm

The way RL is these days, it's all about momentum. In the Under 20's we trailed 28-nil at half time, and were absolutely abysmal.
Come the second half and within 20 minutes it was 28-all.
Then, with all the momentum, a couple of our players blew it with errors and missed tackles.
Point is; even 28 points is no guarantee of a win - especially in the tip football comp they call the Holden Cup.

I thought it was great the way our team was able to stick to what was working when we finally hit the lead today. When you are behind by a large margin (as we were today), it's sometimes easier to play footy when catching up to the opposition than it is to play when you finally get your nose in front.

I could feel we were building momentum and then when we finally hit the lead I was more nervous than when we were behind. It's all to do with mentality and it's important that the team continues to play the kind of football that got them into the lead, rather than change tact altogether. We handled this concept really well today and just stuck to what was working.

From about the 30th minute, Manly lifted their game in defense. Scored a great try by Tommy Turbo and should have had another with a misguided DCE pass before half time. I loved what they did in the second half and the aggression which was not there for 2 weeks returned and we looked far more cohesive. The masterstroke by TB was putting in Parker at centre. t was the right call to make and we looked much more potent out wide.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10