Barrett speaks out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
Just playing the sympathy card so the media talk him up and penn gives him a final big severance package its so transparent twent just like your inability to coach

The Who

Journey Man
Well, at least I now know why there was a blow-up with Hastings. He criticised Twenty's furniture and decorating skills!
On a more serious note I'm appalled by this statement: He also revealed that he was on the verge of quitting late last year after another club approached him. But he stayed because he felt he owed it to the players.
How is another club allowed to approach a coach/player with at least two years left on their contract? And how can a coach think he can break a contract so easily?
Surely there is a case for the NRL to investigate both (a) an illegal approach to a contracted coach and (b) why RL contracts are meaningless.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
That was one of the pussiest things I've ever read. He's coached the team to the bottom of the ladder and now is publicly putting down our club with a list of excuses as long as the M1.That was truly pathetic. 'It's not about me. It's about the players' BS. He's deserting them. If it were about the players he'd be committed to them. Also, apart from Penrith how the hell does he know what facilities and resources the other 14 clubs have? Listening to Gould's dribble I suppose.
@strone33 I'm fully onboard your ship.
Barrett can go and look at his reflection in a shiny locker a long way from Manly.

Last edited:

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Not wanting to spoil the Barrett Bash, as it's well-deserved and entertaining... but, I do wish this club was as professionally run off the field as the Hawthorn footy club in the AFL. They just breed success from top down.

conanu

Bencher
If it was that bad then why did he accept an extension of his contract? Never have I seen a first grade coach so full of excuses.

What is this crap about the players love him? If you have a rubbish boss that is nice to you and lets you do what you want and never pushes you then of course you would love him but the business would suffer. The bloke is a myth, always was.

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
EBED89DE-DA10-44D3-850E-57317141A7C9.jpeg

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
I'm going to invite Barrett to my school at the beginning of next year to see how much cleaning, furniture lugging and resourcing a primary teacher has to do, single handedly in their own time without pay, to set up class for the kids.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I'm going to invite Barrett to my school at the beginning of next year to see how much cleaning, furniture lugging and resourcing a primary teacher has to do, single handedly in their own time without pay, to set up class for the kids.
I was thinking exactly the same about my high school teaching days. He has no idea what it is to work for the advancement of others.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14