Barrett under pressure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Will baz get the sack if we miss the finals

• Yes

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters
We arent talking about just two weeks here. We are talking about 2.5 years. We are grossly inconsistent. Not sure why that is funny?

Barrett actually equalled the club's worst ever losing streak at 7 in a row remember.

The strong teams are consistent.

I absolutely respect your analysis of games, and breakdown of the technical points, and would never belittle or make fun of your opinions.

But, if that was your goal, consider your insults levelled at me taken on board, and I hope its made you feel a little bit better about yourself, and lifted your ego for the day. Congratulations on making someone else feel crap about their opinions and way of putting forward their thoughts.
No i was just making light of the situation with your annual "add trial form" to losing streaks----i like your passion.

Yes we are inconsistent but you don't need to add trial form to back up your opinions in this regard----Manly have won premierships off the back of poor trial form also.

Fark me how on earth do you get "an insult" from my reply, read it again----i said "all good".

Christopher Pyne would have no idea either.

For example, not all metres after contact are the same, not all yardage is the same, not all assists are the same,not all tackle counts are the same etc etc--- your eyes should see the value in a player, stats alone without questioning them or putting them to the test are meaningless.

Des Hasler has page after page of stats to the point where they just ended up being numbers.
It seems to me that Hasler has been watching the movie A Beautiful Mind too many times and he actually believes he can decipher all the statistical jargon..

Christopher Pyne would have no idea either.

For example, not all metres after contact are the same, not all yardage is the same, not all assists are the same,not all tackle counts are the same etc etc--- your eyes should see the value in a player, stats alone without questioning them or putting them to the test are meaningless.

Des Hasler has page after page of stats to the point where they just ended up being numbers.

Fukkett me sideways and Jesu on a stick ... You have finally said something I agree with.

Yippie Yi Yo Ki-yeah!!!!!!

Ok, let's see if Barrett goes anywhere near matching what Bellamy has done with the Storm.

.... and also give Barrett an additional $800k a year in TPA's like Melb to be fair ...

That would then equate to our current roster plus an additional (say) $2 million dollars worth of new or up-graded players ..... pretty handy side would result.

PSS. I get the approx. $2m from being under $800k this year + $400k for Myles + $800k in extra TPA's ... close enough ...

.... and also give Barrett an additional $800k a year in TPA's like Melb to be fair ...

That would then equate to our current roster plus an additional (say) $2 million dollars worth of new or up-graded players ..... pretty handy side would result.

PSS. I get the approx. $2m from being under $800k this year + $400k for Myles + $800k in extra TPA's ... close enough ...
Results driven business

Is Myles "s continued payment still included in Manly "s cap allocation this year ? Just curious as he not listed in the official Manly listed 30 [ actually 28 ] man roster for this season . Also in this season"s disclosed or supposedly official T P A 's club"s details , Manly were mentioned as around the 350 K level . But of course i can see where you are coming from , Barrett has still had to contend with a distinct recruitment handicap for at least two seasons now .

No i was just making light of the situation with your annual "add trial form" to losing streaks----i like your passion.

Yes we are inconsistent but you don't need to add trial form to back up your opinions in this regard----Manly have won premierships off the back of poor trial form also.

Fark me how on earth do you get "an insult" from my reply, read it again----i said "all good".

Stating my opinion gives you a good laugh (as in it's laughable). Put it this way, it's not really a compliment. Anyway, you win - not arguing.

Results driven business

All businesses are ... however when assessing the results of a business most experienced and astute judges take all factors into account before reaching their conclusion ....

Or ... you can simply echo the cry of the witless and unimaginative and repeat the mantra of the demented "no excuses" ...

One of these approaches is best ...

Is Myles "s continued payment still included in Manly "s cap allocation this year ? Just curious as he not listed in the official Manly listed 30 [ actually 28 ] man roster for this season . Also in this season"s disclosed or supposedly official T P A 's club"s details , Manly were mentioned as around the 350 K level . But of course i can see where you are coming from , Barrett has still had to contend with a distinct recruitment handicap for at least two seasons now .

I am not sure on anything ... but if we are paying Myles anything ... it has to be on the cap.

My broad point is if you are going to compare us to Melbourne .. in the interest of a level playing field you would have to add at least 2 elite top drawer rep players to our current roster ....

Barrett's also on Fox Footy channel tonight (so is DCE) on various shows, for those interested.

I am not sure on anything ... but if we are paying Myles anything ... it has to be on the cap.

My broad point is if you are going to compare us to Melbourne .. in the interest of a level playing field you would have to add at least 2 elite top drawer rep players to our current roster ....
On present indications and in monetary value terms that "s a pretty fair call . No doubt even just another elite player would come in handy but in regard to the current Manly squad , personally i reckon that we have got more then a competitive group if they can just manage some improved consistency and especially with a fit Walker available again .

I actually agree with all of this. Barrett does need an extended run, with a full salary cap and free from constant drama.

A poster was comparing Barrett's early career with Bellamy's. I doubted that Barrett would reach anywhere near the heights of what Bellamy has reached. The Broncos have, in my opinion, more of an advantage and resources than the Storm but have won nothing since 2006. I, personally, believe that if Bellamy had coached the Broncos from 2006, he would have won a few premierships. He would also be doing more with the likes of Canberra and Parramatta if he was coaching at these teams. Trent Robinson has not achieved much at all, considering the resources available to him. Bellamy has picked up many a rejected youngster from the Broncos system. Unlike the Roosters, Bellamy doesn't target huge names. He is able to turn young players into players other teams want. A player that goes through the Storm system is highly sought after. This goes beyond more than just finances. Why is this? Coaching?Merely a fluke? He picks good, young, talented players. Even with our limited resources we have the opportunity to buy talented young juniors, which we have done. Let's see if Barrett can sufficiently develop these young players into much sought after commodities. This will be a test of our/his system. But, I agree, he needs to be given the chance. Then, and only then, I will start comparing him to Bellamy.

Last edited:
Or Money Ball. Before the movie had been made.

Genius.
Money Ball works when no other club is close to the mark in this regard---(first in best dressed), if you then just rely on Money Ball without developing an eye for talent along with being able to question and refine the stats you then become no better than any other club.

Des peaked with his improvements in training techniques, nutrition and stats, once every other club came on board he really could only rely on his discipline and methodical approach to training---which players get tired of real fast.

I still feel Des will return to Manly eventually, probably after Manly can no longer afford Barrett or Barrett under-performs, so 2021 will be the return.

Fukkett me sideways and Jesu on a stick ... You have finally said something I agree with.

Yippie Yi Yo Ki-yeah!!!!!!
The worrying factor is if you disagree with me 99% of the time why on earth would you waste precious time reading my comments for that "finally" moment.

I mean fu*& i haven't read a post of any profile nick starting in W for what feels like years now, it's called being efficient with my time.

The worrying factor is if you disagree with me 99% of the time why on earth would you waste precious time reading my comments for that "finally" moment.

I mean fu*& i haven't read a post of any profile nick starting in W for what feels like years now, it's called being efficient with my time.

That practice of limiting the sources of information you receive and process is most probably the cause of your stunted understanding of the game.

It is a bit akin to the people that have only read one book and maintain that all wisdom is there contained.

I strongly recommend that you broaden your horizons .... for only then will you recognise your ignorance ....

All businesses are ... however when assessing the results of a business most experienced and astute judges take all factors into account before reaching their conclusion ....

Or ... you can simply echo the cry of the witless and unimaginative and repeat the mantra of the demented "no excuses" ...

One of these approaches is best ...
The Judges are still the Penn's.

I was keeping an eye on DCE at the last presser after our loss to the rabbids and he looks a little worried for some reason and i feel there is something not right at Manly still.I dunno whats causing these bad patches but at the parra game we were all over them and the bunnies game was the complete opposite all in the space of a week. This is not the only time this has happened as last year was a fine example of a different mood week in and week out.I dunno if its this salary cap witch hunt or not but something aint sitting quite right.Its the bleeding obvious i know but its a fact that i cant ignore.I really do hope we come good.

That practice of limiting the sources of information you receive and process is most probably the cause of your stunted understanding of the game.

It is a bit akin to the people that have only read one book and maintain that all wisdom is there contained.

I strongly recommend that you broaden your horizons .... for only then will you recognise your ignorance ....
I doubt ignoring a few nicks contributions means i am "limiting the sources of information i receive", i would say filtering crap so that i get to the quality info.

I doubt ignoring a few nicks contributions means i am "limiting the sources of information i receive", i would say filtering crap so that i get to the quality info.

See .... you are reading my posts ... good lad, you sound smarter already ..

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11