Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
So DCE go's from being bullied to being a bully Barrett should be sacked it's obvious he is out of his depth. Last season was Willie Peters who was bullied (and eventually blew his lid) this season Hastings seems to be the guy and it appears he has had enough. The club is as toxic as ever.

FMD toxic and you know this how? Players punch on all the time. However, Hastings seems to be extremely abrasive and causes problems wherever he goes so it’s not hard to see where the problem starts. Aside from this issue the players appear to be as united as they have been in years so hardly toxic.

giphy.gif

Hastings seems to be extremely abrasive and causes problems wherever he goes so it’s not hard to see where the problem starts
Same quote could be written about our captain you know the guy who gouged every dollar out of the club and will see us have no success until he and his salary leaves.
Choc,Stewarts and Matai couldn't wear him and qld will never select him again that's all I need to know.

DCE being captain should not be getting into a knuckle with anyone at training and if the captain is that is toxic. We have had Peters being bullied and captain in a knuckle with a junior player something is not right at the club.

From Danny Weidler’s column in SMH 14 Apr 2018

Hastings and DCE get physical

Manly officials say Jackson Hastings is not playing today due to an Achilles injury – and his absence has nothing to do with a scuffle at training with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Sea Eagles told this column things got heated between the pair. They ended up locked together on the turf at training last week.

I was told initially that Hastings belted DCE. The club says that wasn’t the case. Clearly something happened between the pair. Those who claim they saw it say it was worse than a scuffle. I’ll believe what a senior official told me as he has never lied to me in the past.

At least this gives some context on why TB would not acknowledge Hastings at all on the Talkin Sport interview.

Ever since Manly pulled Lewis Brown out of reserve grade this week and into the 21, it was clear Hasting was not going to play.

It is a team sport and if you can't get on with your captain and end up in a fight, time to go. Pity as we do not have good enough backups.

Bit hypocritical by dce if you ask me. Should be puttinfthe team first like choc Stewart etc did when they were playing with dce. Sounds like dce isn't a very likeable fella. Granted hastings has a history too. Surely baz can kiss and make up with both for the sake of the footy side. Ridiculous. Overpaid egotistical idiots sometimes. We all have plenty of people we don't like at work yet we just get on with it.
Never met Hasting but I had the pleasure of meeting DCE who appeared to be very well spoken and a complete gentleman . No one knows what is going on so it is unfair to start labeling players but I do agree with you that all players should put aside their differences and get on with the job . If there is a major issue with any player then he should not be in the squad at all .

Never met Hasting but I had the pleasure of meeting DCE who appeared to be very well spoken and a complete gentleman . No one knows what is going on so it is unfair to start labeling players but I do agree with you that all players should put aside their differences and get on with the job . If there is a major issue with any player then he should not be in the squad at all .
Anyone can put on a facade I suppose. Respected professionals.. Stewart brothers.. matai.. Cameron Smith.. Cooper cronk Johnathan Thurston. Say what you like about them but they are true gents off the field. Never got along with dce. I'm not saying dce is a bad bloke.. but to me it looks like he thinks he's better than he is. A bit like young Hastings.. and for dce to actually battle it out with a young bloke.. is appalling. He should know better. Anyway all allegedly of course..

There’s zero context around this article, no one is aware of what led to it, the extent of the situation etc. For that reason I don’t think anyone can really make too much of an informed comment around it just yet.
Agree , without being aware of the actual circumstances , but hard to form any informed conclusions or judgement . No doubt occasionally the N R L training environment can and does get very intense and especially when a team is under a degree of pressure. This is where some general self control and professionalism should be at the fore front but again who knows what the actual situation was . What is undisputed is the obligation of any professional sports person or team member of course to put their team , club and supporters first and train and play and conduct themselves accordingly .

Anyone can put on a facade I suppose. Respected professionals.. Stewart brothers.. matai.. Cameron Smith.. Cooper cronk Johnathan Thurston. Say what you like about them but they are true gents off the field. Never got along with dce. I'm not saying dce is a bad bloke.. but to me it looks like he thinks he's better than he is. A bit like young Hastings.. and for dce to actually battle it out with a young bloke.. is appalling. He should know better. Anyway all allegedly of course..
Maybe one day all will be revealed . DCE is such a great player and Hastings has so much more ability than Croker . I would love to see them in the Halves together sometime soon .

And once again Silvertails win the Commonwealth Gold medal for conclusion jumping ..

Well done ... some award winning posts ...
And let’s not forget the sauce , although I guessed @Snake ’s “ trouble in paradise “ statement would be about this, so Danny boy mightn’t be too far wrong.

But the cause, well that’s indeed a jumping Gold Medal!!

And let’s not forget the sauce , although I guessed @Snake ’s “ trouble in paradise “ statement would be about this, so Danny boy mightn’t be too far wrong.

But the cause, well that’s indeed a jumping Gold Medal!!

I have no doubt a bruhahaha occurred ..... but from that we now have systematic and institutionalised bullying by DCE and Baz, a toxic culture and players not playing for the team .... **** me .... someone check the ball-boy isn't putting chewy on the kicking tee .....

Talk about a bunch of hysterical wee Jessie's ..

I think we probably have two big egos at play in that scenario - both with form on the board. Don't mind a punch on at training - happens quite often I imagine - shows effort and passion, As long as they are big enough to move on and not be sooky la la about it it

Anyway if we punt Hastings (or he is in the never to be picked basket) then on the back of letting Green and Cullen go we have zero halves depth. God help us if Croker or DCE pick up an injury. We'll be back to the days of Menzies/Harris/Willo @ 5/8.

I have no doubt a bruhahaha occurred ..... but from that we now have systematic and institutionalised bullying by DCE and Baz, a toxic culture and players not playing for the team .... **** me .... someone check the ball-boy isn't putting chewy on the kicking tee .....

Talk about a bunch of hysterical wee Jessie's ..

Ah but you gotta remember.... there's some top shelf trolling going on. Top shelf indeed.

edit: About a week ago at (ice) hockey training, two guys started getting rough and the captain skated over and started punching on with one of the two (despite repeated calls from the coach not to) - the Capt got sent from the ice and...no one gave a crap and they won their next game.

@Woodsie

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12