Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
And it is not the first time a player has been stamped NPA for being a disruptive influence .... probably just the first time a coach has spent more time trying to help him instead of just pissing him off like he should have.
If Lodge was not stamped NPA then no one should be. No one has told us what Hastings has actually done. Sounds like bullies off the field and pussies on the field.

Tom Wright needs to work on his defense. He would be a turnstyle in our top side. Tom could certainly solve our problems for the short time, he has the skills and would complement Cherry Evans well

As much as Tom Wright could be an option for 5/8, he wouldn't compliment DCE one bit. It would be Dylan Walker all over again.

Like Dylan, Wright is a runner, not an organiser and not a true 5/8. Playing pivot in the juniors (and in Wright's case, also union) is a lot different to first grade. While DCE is at the club as our halfback, and to get the best out of him, his 5/8 has to be a strong organiser capable of steering the team around the park which free's Cherry up to play his what's in front of him style. Tom Wright isn't that player and Cherry isn't an organiser that would allow Wright to use his running game.

Hastings is in 1st grade against roosters according to Gorman . Read it on Well you hate Manly go f..k yourself. 1 hour ago .

If Lodge was not stamped NPA then no one should be. No one has told us what Hastings has actually done. Sounds like bullies off the field and pussies on the field.

Have you considered that the reason why nobody has said what Hastings is like/has done is to protect Hastings ..... and the fact that Hastings has never blown up about being sent to Blacktown seems to indicate to me he doesn't want the reasons made public ....

There would be no winners for Baz to prove Hastings is a nutter ...

PSS Whilst I admit that none of Lodge's team mates would be comfortable with him knowing where their girlfriends lived ... he doesn't appear to piss everybody off at training ...

Have you considered that the reason why nobody has said what Hastings is like/has done is to protect Hastings ..... and the fact that Hastings has never blown up about being sent to Blacktown seems to indicate to me he doesn't want the reasons made public ....

PSS Whilst I admit that none of Lodge's team mates would be comfortable with him knowing where their girlfriends lived ... he doesn't appear to piss everybody off at training ...
What’s your take then on DCE, Tom, Jake, Walker and co at the Blacktown game yesterday?

I'm not Woodsie but I don't think they were there to specifically "watch Hastings play".

Not just watch him play ... it was to prove to the world that everybody loves everybody and all is forgiven .... a gesture to rival peace in the middle east .....

that is if you are a hack journo ...

I thought it was really good to have those particular players at the game.

Walkz has been mentioned as wanting out due to player unrest

Lane and AFB have been highlighted as backing Hastings

DCE, TTurbo, JTurbo apparently against Hastings, thus against Lane and AFB by media’s interpretation of the situation

James Hasson - We could use a new whipping boy now that Croker is out but then again Brown is back...

I thought it was really good to have those particular players at the game.

Walkz has been mentioned as wanting out due to player unrest

Lane and AFB have been highlighted as backing Hastings

DCE, TTurbo, JTurbo apparently against Hastings, thus against Lane and AFB by media’s interpretation of the situation

James Hasson - We could use a new whipping boy now that Croker is out but then again Brown is back...
James Hasson, now there was a whipping boy!!

Him and Brayden Williame!

Maybe the kid is a nutter but he was about 5 when his old man left, he is constantly compared to his old man and he is still just a kid. If you read tomorrow’s paper there are kids that have done far worse. Maybe just maybe his coach and some of his teammates are a little too precious. Who runs to the coach and says that they don’t want to play with someone? That’s kindergarten stuff! You guys don’t seem to make any mention of these precious individuals! They are paid well to play football, maybe some of them should shut up and just play football. They are not there to make selection decisions.
Maybe Barrett could have thought before be said the kid would be banished to Blacktown.
Maybe if half the team is tweeting him saying they are prepared to play with him the story is a tad one sided!
Sorry for the rave

Hastings will be recalled to NRL squad, says Manly CEO
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/29...-nrl-squad-manly-sea-eagles-ceo-lyall-gorman/

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman says utility player Jackson Hastings will be named in the Sea Eagles' squad to face the Sydney Roosters next Sunday.

Tuesday's announcement will mean Hastings will face his former club, which he left at the end of 2016 after signing a two-year deal with Manly.

Hastings, 22, has spent the last two weeks playing for Blacktown - Manly's feeder club in the Intrust Super Premiership - because of personality clashes with players in the NRL squad, namely captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

But an already bad injury list was made even worse in Friday night's 18-12 loss to Newcastle with another player gone for the year - Lachlan Croker, who suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Croker's injury means Manly have a threadbare roster of 21 fit players and it also means Cherry-Evans needs a halves partner. Hastings is the most experienced five-eighth among Manly's available players.

manly-nrl-players-1842832rc.jpg

Several members of Manly's NRL squad, including captain Daly Cherry-Evans, watch Blacktown's clash with Canterbury at Belmore.©Robb Cox/NRL Photos
The Sea Eagles are 13th on the Telstra Premiership ladder with a 2-6 record following their loss to the Knights at Lottoland on Friday night.

"We've only got 21 to name and Jackson is a part of that number so we'll be naming Jackson on Tuesday," Gorman told NRL.com.

Gorman also said Barrett was committed to the club despite a Fairfax Media report suggesting the coach had been urged by confidants to walk away.

"Trent and I spent an hour before the [Knights] game on Friday night in the dressing room with our football manager Gareth Holmes, where we spoke about the current troubles," Gorman said.

"We are absolutely rock solid and committed to each other and absolutely rock solid and committed to the future of our club.

"There are speed humps certainly. But it's not adversity that defines you, but how you handle it. We've got to stand up and be counted and move forward – and we will – because we're rock solid."

One of the "humps" is waiting for the NRL Appeals Committee, headed by former Justice of the High Court Ian Callinan, QC, to decide if they will hear Manly's appeal to a $750,000 fine and $660,000 reduction in their salary cap, for discrepancies in up to 15 players' contracts over five years. No current player contracts are under investigation.

But Gorman revealed to NRL.com that Callinan had asked for more information from the club before making his decision.

"We've been asked to provide more details. I don't want to pre-empt the Justice's outcomes or decision but we're in the process of providing that to him," Gorman said.

Gorman said he would be talking with the NRL this week to see how the club could bring up development players into their top squad, without breaking cap rules and restrictions.

In an earlier interview with Triple M, Gorman said the five highest-paid players on the books – Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker and the Trbojevic brothers Jake and Tom – were on back-ended contracts which meant there was not much money to spend in 2018 or 2019.

"This year and next year, yes," Gorman said in relation to not being able to go out in the market and sign big-name players.

"It's not uncommon in any club to have five players that sort of stand out among the field. It's also not uncommon is the movement of players. Clubs for years and years have moved players around for good cap management; players request to move – we just released Darcy [Lussick] to do that."

Suli says he's ready for NRL return with Sea Eagles
"Trent and I have spoken about it. He put a line in the sand about the values he wants in his playing group and we had to take certain actions. Some of those were delayed because of process – your great want is to come out within 24 hours and do what's got to be done.

"But there is a process under the rules which gives players five days to respond to any assertion or allegation. You've got to let process take its course."

Gorman also said there was "no club directive" for NRL players to go to Belmore Oval on Saturday and watch Blacktown, featuring Hastings, play Canterbury in the Intrust Super Premiership.

"They often go to support their mates in the lower grades. It wasn't just about Jackson playing."

Gorman said the club was reeling after losing their first-choice five-eighth in Croker for the rest of the season, along with another quality player in back rower Jack Gosiewski for a month with a fractured hand.

Winger-centre Jonathan Wright is having scans on Monday to confirm what damage he suffered to his hand in the Blacktown game.

Hastings dislocated the last finger on his right hand at Belmore Oval, but a trainer put the joint back-in on the field and strapped the fingers together. He played the remaining five minutes until fulltime.

Manly's injury list is:

Brad Parker (knee) – Rd 12-14
Jorge Taufua (collarbone) – Rd 12
Jack Gosiewski (broken hand) – Rd 13
Lachlan Croker (knee) – season
Curtis Sironen (knee) – season
Kelepi Tanginoa (knee) – season

Maybe the kid is a nutter but he was about 5 when his old man left, he is constantly compared to his old man and he is still just a kid. If you read tomorrow’s paper there are kids that have done far worse. Maybe just maybe his coach and some of his teammates are a little too precious. Who runs to the coach and says that they don’t want to play with someone? That’s kindergarten stuff! You guys don’t seem to make any mention of these precious individuals! They are paid well to play football, maybe some of them should shut up and just play football. They are not there to make selection decisions.
Maybe Barrett could have thought before be said the kid would be banished to Blacktown.
Maybe if half the team is tweeting him saying they are prepared to play with him the story is a tad one sided!
Sorry for the rave

We all feel for the kid ... there are no winners here .... but whatever his personality problems, and for whatever reason they exist, they now have been a factor at several clubs .... and have been evident since early last year at Manly.

I would think that the problem isn't as simple as not liking him ... if I had to guess I would say he is probably more of a disruptive and divisive influence ..... something that appears to be possible given only 3 weeks back in the squad and we have a major drama that seems to have caused mixed messages coming from some players ...

Bottom line is if you want to play a team sport you best do your best to fit in ... every team strives to be better than the sum of it's components .... if one bloke threatens that through the creation of disharmony .... the tribe must speak ... even if it is only half the tribe.

And I think the lack of details forthcoming is for Hastings benefit not Baz's .... By listening to the 4th soul search interview from him since joining Manly I think he is only too aware that he has been the author of his own tragedy .

We all feel for the kid ... there are no winners here .... but whatever his personality problems, and for whatever reason they exist, they now have been a factor at several clubs .... and have been evident since early last year at Manly.

I would think that the problem isn't as simple as not liking him ... if I had to guess I would say he is probably more of a disruptive and divisive influence ..... something that appears to be possible given only 3 weeks back in the squad and we have a major drama that seems to have caused mixed messages coming from some players ...

Bottom line is if you want to play a team sport you best do your best to fit in ... every team strives to be better than the sum of it's components .... if one bloke threatens that through the creation of disharmony .... the tribe must speak ... even if it is only half the tribe.

And I think the lack of details forthcoming is for Hastings benefit not Baz's .... By listening to the 4th soul search interview from him since joining Manly I think he is only too aware that he has been the author of his own tragedy .
David Morrow just said the talk around yesterday was that a number of players had told management/Baz that much more would be leaked to the media about his behavior should he be named in the 17.
Geez Louise!
Oh what a circus, oh what a show!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8