Beaver for Manly's NRL 9s team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CAMBO said:
eagles2win said:
My team :

1. Hiku
2. Horhay
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Horo
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. Lawerance
9. Hodges

10. Gutherson
11. Watmough
12. Blair
13. G.Stewart
So you would have Blair in the squad before our leading try scorer for 2013?

Give them a rest and a chance for Blair to prove himself

I'd rather see Berryman play. Quicker than Blair and was one of the if not the top try scorer of QCup.

I think you need one of you top 5 contracted players

(I'm assuming Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon, DCE, Foran.......which is 6 but im not sure who misses out)

I'd go something like this

1.Hiku
2.Taufua
3.Gutherson
4.Berryman
5.DCE/Foran
6.Horo
7.Symonds
8.Lawrence
9.Hodges

10.Blair
11.Chislom
12.Chee Kam
13.Trjbovic

Tuafua helps with metres and line breaks, Gutherson and Hiku provide some flair, Berryman cause i hear he is super quick.

One of the halves is a risk but we need to play a marquee player and they will help us have a shot at it.

Lawrence and Trjbovic provide mobilty and huge motors at prop

Horo, Symonds and Chee kam are the edge forwards.

Blair is the bench back so we dont risk top line players and Hodges at hooker so we can rest Ballin...............plus Ballin wouldn't really suit 9's

Overall we are not resting our top line talent whilst still putting out an exciting team with youth and experience.

Oh and a big yes to Beaver if possible (and it doesn't effect the cap). He would take Horo or Symonds spot!

in a 9's game i'd use Jorge as a forward role, has the size for it, a few line breaks up the guts with the pace to go on with it and throw two turbo paced kids on the wings

I suggest Beaver should play in this tournament when it was first announced. Its an excellent idea on mulitple fronts:

* promotional;
* Beaver gets accquainted with the player group again and seeing what a legend does to get himself ready during an offseason would only promote good messages to the new players in the group; and
* what if, just what if Beaver does the preseason in preparation for the 9s, still feels good, plays in the 9s and does really well and decides he's putting his hand up to play in 2014! Would be an unbelievable story.

He's just retired after playing about 3000 games, he probably wants a quiet off-season, lol.
It's already been announced he's coming back in an ambassador role, which is a role in which he will excel. Let the poor guy put his feet up :)

Chip and Chase said:
Manly Nines side for mine

Josh Starling
Dunamis Lui
Mackay Cutters Prop
Jayden Hodges
Cheyse Blair
Delroy Berryman
those other couple of new recruits
Beaver
Gutherson
Hiku

I'd like to see Manaia Rudolph in the 9's mix too! He's a quality RL player but he's also a very good & experienced NZ & Regional touch footy representative to which I think would allow him to excel at 9's!

Lawrence to be top try scorer. No fullback so he shouldn't need to worry about that silly passing business.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4