[Resurrected] Bellamy Stepping Down?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Class of 96

Bencher
4 time premiership coach? Am I missing something?

Reckon he knows the writing is on the wall with Smith and Slater retiring. Can't blame him though. Smart move to get out on or near the top.

Bellamy will become just the seventh mentor to coach 400 premiership matches when Melbourne take on the Wests Tigers on Saturday in Auckland. But, apart from placing the champagne well and truly on ice as he attempts to plot the Storm’s path back to the winner’s circle, the four-time grand final- winning coach says he isn’t ruling out stepping back in 2019. “I have been thinking about it a bit obviously,” Bellamy said on Friday. “The next week or two, I’m going to have to make that decision. “But certainly even if I don’t go on as a head coach, I’d like to be involved in some way somehow — even a part-time or whatever mentoring role perhaps. “I’m not quite sure what the ideal thing would be ... I have got to just decide whether I go on as a head coach or not and then we can go from there.” Bellamy’s bombshell revelation threatens to overshadow Saturday’s match at Mt Smart Stadium, with Storm management no doubt eager to retain their modern-day super-coach and other clubs sure to be monitoring the 58-year-old’s next move with interest.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...e/news-story/26df4599424232094c6240c1e3c7dfc7

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
There was talk bellyache was going to retire at the end of his last contract.

Can see him going out on a high with the big 3. Slater will go this season and Scam either this one or the next.

He might want a break, being a coach would be stressful. He isn't going to struggle to get a gig.

I'm sure baz could fit him on our coaching staff ;)

Tomay

Bencher
I have no idea how much involvement he had in cheating the salary cap. I do agree that he has toed the lines of grey area in the rules and bent them at different times to give his team an advantage. However, the way he conducts himself and his ability to get the best out of his players is to be commended. Make no mistake about it, he is the best coach in recent history and still would have been without the salary cap issues. I hate the storm, but if he was coaching Manly I’d have his picture on my wall.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ask any Storm fan, they’ve still won those games!!
AND they say , four Premierships.
I know , it’s wrong, but just ask and they’ll tell you!!

Don't ask then. lol

I'm always happy to put a misguided storm fan right. Don't see many here though. I'll dance a jig when he's gone for good.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
With Slater and Smith close to retirement, also with the refs clamping down on all of his tactics he would see the writing is on the wall. He’ll stay on at the storm at some capacity.

Don’t like him but that’s one person that needs a break from his job. NRL will give him a cushy job somewhere if he wants no doubt

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Craig Bellamy has decided to remain at Melbourne Storm from 2019 and beyond, putting an end to the hopes of Brisbane Broncos supporters that he might return to the Queensland capital and take over the coaching reins from Wayne Bennett.

Bellamy is currently in Newcastle for Sunday's round 15 game against the Knights.

But NRL.com understands there has been a verbal agreement between Bellamy and Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy that he will extend his 16-year association with the club.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16