Ben Condon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he will go ok. He played well for the Cowboys in 2021. In 2022 he got stuck behind the best crop of young backrowers in the comp. No shame in that. It seems that most of us are just in the mood to write off anyone that isn't a bonafide superstar. Give the guy a chance for ****s sake.

That's true. But it'd be nice to get one occasionally. Our recruitment strategy of late seems to follow a predictable two-pronged process:

1. Identify the bottom of the barrel.
2. Scrape it.
That's actually very funny. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I do get it.
My take on our signings 20/21, 21/22, 22/23
  • Josh Aloiai from Wests Tigers. 7/10
  • Andrew Davey from Parramatta Eels. 8/10
  • Kieran Foran from Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. 9/10
  • Christian Tuipulotu from Sydney Roosters. 5/10
  • Jason Saab from St. George Illawarra Dragons. 7/10
  • Karl Lawton from New Zealand Warriors 7/10
  • Ethan Bullemore from Brisbane Broncos 5/10
  • Kelma Tuilagi from Wests Tigers (N/A)
  • Ben Condon from NTH QLD Cowboys (N/A)

Last edited:
Jeez you guys are tough markers , as I said above a cheap signing who may or may not get a run ( if he’s good enough he will ) , every club has these so don’t denigrate the kid because he’s not a superstar.
I remember similar posts when Davey's signing was announced. I'm pretty confident that the same posters are now Davey's biggest supporters. The same posters are currently engaged in a collective gnashing of teeth, based on the fact that we didn't resign Davey. Condon at this stage of his career has more potential upside than Davey. I think he will surprise a few of the teeth gnashers, and others as well.

WTF !?!?!?
When consulting official documents of the last 3 decades of the 1500s, one gets the impression the name "Condon" was synonymous with "troublemaker". He participated in the Munster uprising along with his nephew and close ally (son of his sister Ellen Condon) Edmond FitzJohn FitzGibbon, 11th White Knight.] There is hardly a mention of Patrick Condon in the Calendar of State Papers for Ireland without a reference to the White Knight in the same sentence.
1594: Patrick Condon was a 2nd time attainted by outlawry "as a principal adherent to the archtraitor [Earl of] Desmond."

Anybody think it's coincidence the Condons were involved in the Desmond Rebellions of 1569 and 1579?....no, me neither.
I think this is his grandad:
5B934840-DD52-47FF-8511-CBDED1D92540.jpeg

I have nothing against st the kid and agree that every squad has players such as him, the issue is we are making signings like this rather than making signings that address obvious issues in our squad. It means, we can’t attract better coz of where we are at as a club or we can’t attract better coz we have no money in our cap or the powers that be don’t think we need better players in some positions, all of which are issues

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8