Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
to be honest, snake has missed quite a few 1 on 1's near our line, whilst an awesome player, I have seen him miss when they are near scoring, 

KaZa link said:
couple good stops off a kick off too.. safe under the high ball..

he was superb.

Foran and Farrar deserve to keep their spot. (farrar on bench as utility)

Hall and Lestrange to drop out for Brett.
Foran nailed down his spot today from what I saw. The bench selection is looking a bit tricky, although injuries might simplify things a bit.

Gotta admit. I had a slight smirk when I heard Rodney will be out for a few weeks. He hasn't captured my imagination at all.

Rodney was great over the 1st 8-10weeks, since then has dropped off a bit. Bailey is doing the role Rodney was earlier in the year, so maybe a extra power man like Hall will be handy

Foran, Farrah, Ballin and King were terrific, in fact everyone lifted.  Robbo MUST be back on his wing.

Wasn't Farrar initially purchased as the interim replacement for Brett whilst he is out injured?  I always thought that when he came to the club that Robbo would move back to his wing spot and Farrar to fullback.

Is positional play was noticably better than robbo's

rose was awesome too

New boy comes up trumps for Eagles
Jacquelin Magnay | August 24, 2009

Manly's Ben Farrar had a tough initiation playing his first game at fullback for the Sea Eagles - the club he joined mid-season after a player swap. Yesterday the high ball was swirling and his counterpart was the mercurial Billy Slater. Yet Farrar, 22, managed to handle the role well and a late-game tackle on Slater could well have rescued the Sea Eagles' finals hopes.

''It happened pretty quick. He came through and luckily I lined him up and got him,'' said Farrar of Slater, who was at full speed and weaving his way to the try line with just two minutes of the match remaining.

Coach Des Hasler said of the tackle: ''It was a big play, it was a pretty tough initiation at his first full game at fullback, but he came up with the big play when we needed it.''

Farrar joined the Sea Eagles in round 12 this year after his club of two seasons, the North Queensland Cowboys, effected a swap with the then Manly winger Michael Bani.

Switching from the tropical climate of Townsville to Manly was quick and Farrar said ''it was not ideal''. But even though he settled in with the Sea Eagles players - ''they couldn't have been nicer, they are just a great bunch of blokes, a great club and I felt comfortable from day one'' - he still took some time to get into his playing groove.

Farrar said he now felt as comfortable on the field as he does at training. Yesterday he moved to fullback from his usual spot in the centres in a back-line switch that included Michael Robertson on the wing. Hasler said the return of regular fullback Brett Stewart was not considered for this week and a decision for next week would be made tomorrow.

Still, Hasler was heartened that Farrar slotted into the fullback spot with relative ease.

Farrar said he was initially tentative about the blustery conditions.

''The wind could have been a bit kinder, the weather was atrocious,'' he said.

''I come from Newcastle and we often get a bit of wind like that, but it was pretty interesting. You saw the kick-offs and the kicks in the second half, they went flying, the wind was a big influence on our game, but it was the same for both teams.''

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=181443.msg237924#msg237924 date=1251018397]
Snake would've nailed him.

Gronk wants to root Farrar.
[/quote]

I have to be careful what I say around here in San Francisco

DSM5 link said:
That tackle saved our season. 

And made up for orford's inept kicking game in the first half.  With that wind at his back orford should have kicked a dozen 40/20's.

Bani would have done the same............................yeah right ::) ::)
Well done Ben, keep it up.

Always liked him due to my nephews meeting him at a Cowboys Fan day in Townsville and them saying he was the one who gave the most time for ALL the kids around, and really wanted to be there with the fans. A lot more effort shown than some of his higher profile teammates.

Bradza, you're right, both sides kicking was poor, but what did you think of Orford's kicks in general play?

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=181443.msg237924#msg237924 date=1251018397]
Snake would've nailed him.

Gronk wants to root Farrar.
[/quote] Good, then I can have Brett.

They probably didn't move him there earlier because he needed time to get into the moves chiming in from the back etc

That tackle he made was awesome, but there was also 1 other play, that was crucial, and has gone un-noticed

Last tackle, ball gets fired to him, he shapes to bomb like most would, then decides to fire a long ball to Lyon, which is pinpoint, and Lyon then proceeds to kick the ball through and score the try

A panicked bomb wouldn't have gotten that result, was good composure

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7