Bennett back at the Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL have their man, where they want him, again.....

The clubs whinge and moan about players and breaking their contracts...but any club or coach can be shafted at the drop of a hat.

Who was the muppet in the press last week claiming it was a done deal at the dragons ? I'm sure I read an article that claimed his signature at kogarah was a formality and only a matter of timing.

Yet another reason to dislike the Boncos.
I always thought he'd head to where the most money was.
And to think, the NRL was considering placing a salary cap on a football club's off-field staff. Too late, the bronco has bolted.

Chip and Chase said:
Who was the muppet in the press last week claiming it was a done deal at the dragons ? I'm sure I read an article that claimed his signature at kogarah was a formality and only a matter of timing.

LpET1yS.jpg

Chip and Chase said:

Nearly as many useless muppets that are in the press declaring Manly are in turmoil and on the brink of a natural disaster.

Love it when all there "exclusives" turn to sh1t.

Weird press conference, it was more like a funeral gathering with Whyte (I know he is Griffins best mate) announcing it. I realize it's a bit of a hard situation, but it looked a very very sombre press conference.

Speaking to bongos supporters at work, they are happy with Griffin and do not want Bennett back.
Feel sorry for scapegoat Griffin. Griffin's team currently sitting 6th, Bennett's 14th and they sack the bloke for under performing?
The Knight's left in a mess.
Fair dinkum. Stone the crows. I'm turning into Alf from Home and Away and need a snickers.
The disloyalty in this game these days makes me shake my head.

So the great Wayne Bennett.....he who has publicly stated that he won't negotiate with a club that already had a coach......has secretly gone behind Griffin's back to News and has cost the current Donkey's coach his job just so he can go back to Brisbane. And he's left the Knights in worse shape than when he arrived (IMO anyway).

The difference between Bennett staying in Newcastle where the flow of Nathan Tinkler's money has dried up or returning to the Dragons or Donkeys? Lachlan Murdoch's money.

Is he going back to Brisbane to try and save them or is he really going back for himself to have one last shot at glory? The difference is that this time around he's not going to have wall to wall test and origin players to choose from. Hunt is good but he's no Allan Langer, and neither Hoffman nor Barba can hold a candle to Lockyer.

Personally I think the Knights should take a leaf out of Manly's book and show Bennett the door ASAP.

We all remember what happened with Des after we won the 2011 GF when he announced he had signed with Greenturd's Scumdogs from 2013. Manly wanted to keep him for 2012, but after less than a month when it became clear he was trying to gut the club and take as many as he could with him to Belmore, he was gone and Tooves was appointed as coach.

While I can't see any reason for Bennett to take any of his Newcastle players (maybe his step-son Darius) or staff with him to the Donkeys, now that it has been announced that he's going home to Brisbane I think the Knights best move would be to show Bennett the door and appoint Rick Stone as caretaker coach, with a view to possibly being retained in 2015.

He is leaving the Knights in a worse state than it was when he got there. It proves that you can't just take your little band of mercenaries wherever you like, and expect it all to just click in your favour. I can see the Broncos being competitive under Wayne, but I can't see a premiership until he overhauls some of the out of date structures he uses.

I saw a post on Justin Horo's Instagram that went a little like this.....

1987 - Bennett's last year at the Raiders, Manly won the Premiership.

2008 - Bennett's last year at the Broncos, Manly won the Premiership.

2011 - Bennett's last year at the Dragons, Manly won the Premiership.

2014 - Bennett's last year at the Knights, .....................................

Funny how these things work!

Snake said:
He is leaving the Knights in a worse state than it was when he got there. It proves that you can't just take your little band of mercenaries wherever you like, and expect it all to just click in your favour. I can see the Broncos being competitive under Wayne, but I can't see a premiership until he overhauls some of the out of date structures he uses.

I can't see the Boncos winning the comp until they switch the Grand Final to a Friday night at Suncorp. . . which, of course, is likely to happen with the News Ltd press mounting a campaign and St Benny's Sermons From The Ground.

lol on NRL360 last week when Ben Ikin said Bennet has never made a decision based on money... so why'd he go to Newcastle again?!

"Here boy, c'mon here boy" said Bennett to his lap dog Darius...

IMO there's plenty of better coaches than Bennett... over-rated and now over-the-hill

In his last year at St Merge, Bennett reportedly had offers to stay at Kogarah or go home to the Donkeys (though Lachland Murdoch didn't get involved that time). Then along came Nathan Tinkler with a $1.4 million offer that blew away what the Dragons or Donkey's were offering and suddenly Bennett is the head coach of Newcastle.

Then at the start of this year, Tinkler's money train started derailing before morphing into a full blown train wreck. Bennett, not for the money according to the likes of Ben Ikin, rings his old mate Murdoch (after reportedly months of secret talks with the Donkeys despite his public claims that he won't go to a club with an already contracted coach) and low and behold, he's getting big money to return home.

Sure, he's not leaving Newcastle with a year left on his contract for the money......

But....in saying that I can't blame him for taking big money offers, after all he does want to make a decent (very good) living and provide for his family. Its just how he's gone about returning home and the position he's leaving his current club in that stinks.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6