Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would you be happy with:

Cartwright coach
New assistant
Recruitment/list Manager
Sironen on re-signed
API re-signed
Elgey, Garrick, Elliott new signings
Final development of Brookvale
New Demountables

Not expecting a lot more to be honest.

Chairs for the new coach????

I think they will do themselves a great disservice @Ryan if all we get at that meeting is what you suggest!!

If that’s it far better just to do a members newsletter ( which gets spread to non members via social media anyway), and that way they can say “ well we are trying our best”.

BUT this sounds a bit different, and I hope I’m right and you’re wrong, because if you are right then it’s “ kaboom”!!!

Penn talks the talk. Results driven business and all. But he has never delivered since having full control. The club has limped from one poorly managed stuff up to the next.

It's not Gorman's fault, but why even bother listening to the excuses.

Penn can't even sack a coach, for being crap without it taking months and threats of law suits in the media.

Penn the procastinator. He does not appear to be able to get anything done.

I'll try to go though I don't have a lot of questions, just interested to hopefully get some information.
Some points that no doubt will be raised:
  • slashing ticket prices to try to get crowds at the game, seems a no brainer (although maybe it's been researched and disproved?)
  • club culture - ensuring ongoing involvement in the club from former Sea Eagle players - would seem to be essential and an area we've neglected
  • the club's future on the northern beaches - depends on a serious upgrade of Brookie
  • competitive team - we've been spoilt with Manly as perennial contenders but that is what we demand - are we attracting the corporate/big end of town, if not why not (or - if not, what alternative plan do we have to make us competitive with Storm etc?)
  • Just as concerned at the entire direction of the game, does Manly support the Commission in accepting that the game is to be directed by the media.

True Supporters please sit at the front.

Heads up, you people in the front row this is a splash zone.....
latest

But how will they know?

Archaeologists shifting through the rubble of an ancient site on the east coast of Australia, at a place thought to have been known as Brookie by the tribe of inhabitants called "Silvertails", will uncover evidence of strange ritual and ceremony .......

Bones identified as visitors were scattered liberally at depth until a catastrophic event believed to have been called a "Penn" overtook the Silvertails and suddenly there appears have been infighting and soon only bones identified as Silvertails could be found .... within a decade it appears all was lost ..... only multiple renderings and stick drawing of something believed to be called a CoE were found .... but no evidence that a structure ever existed ....

Would you be happy with:

Cartwright coach
New assistant
Recruitment/list Manager
Sironen on re-signed
API re-signed
Elgey, Garrick, Elliott new signings
Final development of Brookvale
New Demountables

Not expecting a lot more to be honest.

Cartwright coach - We want Madge, but at least Cartwright has experience.

New assistant - That's going to happen either way, especially if Cartwright is promoted.

Recruitment/List Manager - Poor Barrett couldn't coach without one apparently so this is a must.

Sironen re-signed - :heavycheck:

Api re-signed - :heavycheck:

Elgey, Garrick, Elliot new signings - I still don't know who the hell Garrick and Elliot are.

Final development of Brookvale - Would be :musicnotes: to our :ear:

New Demountables - :circustent:

I wonder if Barrett will be there ?

I would go, just to tell him and that flog Penn where to go.
2 fools for the price of one.

I wonder if Barrett will be there ?

I would go, just to tell him and that flog Penn where to go.
2 fools for the price of one.

People laugh because Barrett had to bring his own desk to work man. During the week, the guy was negotiating contracts on top of his ordinary role.

People say Des / Tooves had to do the same.

Des had Crusher and others recruiting for him.

Barrett demanded and wanted better conditions for his player and club.

The Rabbits are privately owned by Gladiator. They role around in high end suits, and have every available resource.

Barrett had nothing to go with.

Okay, I agree, people disagreed with a lot of his decisions, and we had a decent roster.

But he coached with a lot of baggage he didn't bring. Even having to carry 500k in Myles contract. No-one talks about that!

I know many disagreed, but I keep saying, given even half decent surroundings, he'll excel somewhere.

Here's an announcement....

The off-contract Lewis Brown has been released.

As if we didn't know that was coming.

People laugh because Barrett had to bring his own desk to work man. During the week, the guy was negotiating contracts on top of his ordinary role.

The Rabbits are privately owned by Gladiator. They role around in high end suits, and have every available resource.

Okay, I agree, people disagreed with a lot of his decisions, and we had a decent roster.

But he coached with a lot of baggage he didn't bring. Even having to carry 500k in Myles contract. No-one talks about that!

I know many disagreed, but I keep saying, given even half decent surroundings, he'll excel somewhere.

Yet the guy re-signed, knowing his horrendous working conditions, and Penns apparant apathy?

He is even dumber than I thought.

Yet the guy re-signed, knowing his horrendous working conditions, and Penns apparant apathy?

He is even dumber than I thought.

The problem mate is he was getting promised the added resources. They were supposed to be happening. On that basis, he signed in good faith.

That's called faith and trust, not lacking in intelligence?

If I offered you a job on 200k, then said, I'm also giving you a full time P.A. , you'll be working at location X, you'll get a work vehicle in 8 weeks, you'll secure a parking spot at your work premises.

THEN, once.you agree, but I deliver the salary and nothing else, would you be pissed off or annoyed?

How is that dumb? Very long bow to draw mate. Come on now.

Adversity shows a true persons character and people that crumble under adversity do not excel
Today is the 22nd of September 2018 and I would like you to make me accountable for my quote Ryan

Adversity shows a true persons character and people that crumble under adversity do not excel
Today is the 22nd of September 2018 and I would like you to make me accountable for my quote Ryan
Not sure what you're implying? You challenging me to a fight or something? Jesus dude.

The problem mate is he was getting promised the added resources. They were supposed to be happening. On that basis, he signed in good faith.

That's called faith and trust, not lacking in intelligence?

If I offered you a job on 200k, then said, I'm also giving you a full time P.A. , you'll be working at location X, you'll get a work vehicle in 8 weeks, you'll secure a parking spot at your work premises.

THEN, once.you agree, but I deliver the salary and nothing else, would you be pissed off or annoyed?

How is that dumb? Very long bow to draw mate. Come on now.

Sure, but if Scott Penn told me it was raining outside, I would still look out the window myself to confirm it.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8