Big Day Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Daniel]
I have only one enjoyable memory from the 4 or 5 big day outs I have been too and that was seeing my friends band skulker playing, other than that it came down to a waste of time and money

Haha, I remember skulker. They were terrible (uh....no offence...) they used to do shows with Nirocris (who I think were actually WORSE!).

I've got plenty of good BDO memories. I went to BDO from 1999-2005 and saw plenty of fights in those years, but they were always alcohol soaked bogans fighting with alcohol soaked bogans.
[/quote]

meh I rate skulker. They are an all girl band. Their first album wasn't something I loved but their last one "coming Home" was great, Greer had just finished recording it when I knew her.

She was such a small and quiet girl but such a rock star when on stage

Ah the Warped tour 99 at Keirle Park was one of the best.

Suicidal Tendencies
Unwritten Law
Deftones
Frenzal

What a gig that was. I think that was the tour that Unwritten Law got kicked off for asking the crowd to throw **** at them which ruined all of the gear on stage

i went to that......though not a fan of frenzal

Ahh TISM. They put on some of the best gigs I have ever been to. One in particular at Selinas with The Fauves as support.

BDO has turned to **** over the last 5 years, last years post Cronulla patriotism killed it for me, bogans with flags and southern cross tattoos everywhere, I'll be relaxing next door at Roger Waters while it's on this year and also seeing Tool the night before.

Anyone going to Soundwave next month? The line up is something you would expect on the old Warped Tour.

how much is the waters concert?

im tempted but think it will hit the hip pocket a little too much

went to a syd barret night in surry hills on sat where 11 bands played a couple of songs each, some with a lot of artistic liscence others spot on the originals, was a great gig.

I'm going to soundwave... it should be awesome.. looking forward to seeing deftones (again), hatebreed (again) and minus life and parkway drive for the first time.. should be good... do you guys get the overcranked festival down there??

I know it's up here in march and i'll be at that too.... Helmet, god forbid, rollerball and the butterfly effect are on that one.. aswell as heaps of other good ones... also next week i'm going to a Mammal gig... i don't know how many of you are into aussie heavy rock sort of music.. but if you are then i reckon you should check out mammal.. along with horsell common i think they will be the next big heavy band coming from here... also Feb 19 i'm going to see 80's thrasher's testament.. that will be killer

Ah the Warped tour 99 at Keirle Park was one of the best.

Suicidal Tendencies
Unwritten Law
Deftones
Frenzal

What a gig that was. I think that was the tour that Unwritten Law got kicked off for asking the crowd to throw **** at them which ruined all of the gear on stage

Those first three are all on this Soundwave festival, MxPx were at that Warped too.

Deftones, +44, Thrice, Unwritten Law, Hatebreed, Suicidal Tendencies, MxPx, The Bronx, Terror, Parkway Drive, 18 Visions, Juliette & the Licks, Something With Numbers, Flyleaf, The Format, Hit the Lights, Houston Calls, Behind Crimson Eyes, Forgive Durden, Trial Kennedy and Drive By.

I have good vibes in feb - beastie boys and Jurassic 5

then I have future music in the start of march and v festival at the end. So many damn festivals not enough sleep!

I'm going to soundwave... it should be awesome.. looking forward to seeing deftones (again), hatebreed (again) and minus life and parkway drive for the first time.. should be good... do you guys get the overcranked festival down there??

I know it's up here in march and i'll be at that too.... Helmet, god forbid, rollerball and the butterfly effect are on that one.. aswell as heaps of other good ones... also next week i'm going to a Mammal gig... i don't know how many of you are into aussie heavy rock sort of music.. but if you are then i reckon you should check out mammal.. along with horsell common i think they will be the next big heavy band coming from here... also Feb 19 i'm going to see 80's thrasher's testament.. that will be killer

Forget Testament, Slayer in April...

I know mate... i just heard... i have my money ready for them.. i saw them last time they were here at the tender age of 17 haha can't wait for them again

can slayer still thrash with their arthritis playing up?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4