Big Dogs win needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This is how bad the bulldogs attack is .. Fullback wil Hopoate has played 15 matches this year with 0 tries and one line break . Its the worst stats on a fullback in the last decade . Even back in 2012 the cronulla sharks fullback Mathew Wright scored a lone try in 17 games to break the duck.

I was ****ting like a big black Alsatian last week because of the Leichhardt hoodoo.

What was so cruel was the way the afternoon toyed with my emotions.

We looked flat and when Taylor scored, I thought, here we go, another Leichhardt ambush. Then we zipped ahead and I was feeling jubilant that the hoodoo would be broken.

Then when Lolohea kicked the side line conversion to make it 20-12 I said "here they come" and sure enough they came. Then when Perrett scored, I thought great, that should stem the tide and break the comeback apart and then BANG! Tigers go straight in again.
Then when Wright captured the ball and stayed in the field of play, I thought, we are going to hang on, then BANG Parker drops the pill and the Leichhardt hoodoo remains.

I almost had to call an ambulance to come and collect my palpitating heart off the floor.

Every season I pray that we win at Leichhardt and that we beat the Eels and the Dogs. So far I've only got one of my wishes...I came so close to getting another on Sunday but alas, it evaded me.

Great - you can basically back in a hopoate hatrick now. he will tear us to shreds.

F***ing cardinal sin.................bagging an opposition players teh week before they play us!!!
WTF are these guys thinking!!!

Someone ring his dad and remind him its a Sunday!!!!

If we can't flog the dogs then we shouldn't be in finals.
That's what a lot of people were saying against the tigers... For me it's not the amount of points we win by but how well we defend and grind the opposition to a pulp. That takes teamwork and discipline. There cannot be any weak links. Every player has to step up and play to their potential with no brain explosions. I know there are a lot of cheesie cliches thrown in there but IMO that's the ultimate truth.

Manly need to dominate that middle third...attack and defence.
Easier teams and the attack plays sideways - flat footed with no support pushing up with the ball, instead of direct quick runs behind the ruck to those edges offering 2nd phase....and defence against the easier sides is lazy as stated above - stand back waiting, instead of getting up quick with pressure and contact.
Still wearing Baz spit on their faces after a Sunday, so hopefully ignites that energy needed for that high octane game in the trenches.
And... 80 MINUTES!! Manly should be up for this one, hopefully we will hit form at the right time, this game being the settler where we re-establish our standards and aims. From there on we just need to keep building

This is how bad the bulldogs attack is .. Fullback wil Hopoate has played 15 matches this year with 0 tries and one line break . Its the worst stats on a fullback in the last decade . Even back in 2012 the cronulla sharks fullback Mathew Wright scored a lone try in 17 games to break the duck.
watch him score a double against us

I feel like we're going to get spanked by the dogs. God I hope I am wrong but I have this ominous feeling about the end of this season I just cant shake.

I feel like we're going to get spanked by the dogs. God I hope I am wrong but I have this ominous feeling about the end of this season I just cant shake.
Catastrophic thoughts are caused by anxiety feathered friend . Go for a walk to take your mind off things and you will come back to your key board feeling like a born again eagle !!!
See you soon
untitled.png

With what we've dished up the past 6 weeks it's hard to be confident, even when we are raging hot favourites. Once bitten twice shy.
If we do lose to the Dogs then they can have Barrett after all.

We can build on our positives and that is we have a team that has shown us on their day they are capable of being Supreme
So , go ahead Sea eagles make my day against the dogs in a big way
go-ahead-make-my-day-quote-2.jpg

Confidence is earned. If the boys lift and work hard for each other for the full 80 then we will be hard to beat. They need to do this consistently from now on...if they can do this for the remainder of the games leading up to the finals, then who knows how far they can go.

Confidence is earned. If the boys lift and work hard for each other for the full 80 then we will be hard to beat. They need to do this consistently from now on...if they can do this for the remainder of the games leading up to the finals, then who knows how far they can go.
We have earned the right to have confidence with our great wins against great teams so far this season and as you say we cant afford any more loses if we are to be title contenders . The top 8 is tight so from now on we must keep on winning and keep up the fight !!!
untitled.png

Last edited:
At this stage I'll settle for a one-point victory. Just get the win. Remember how to tackle, hold onto the ball, earn the victory. If we go out there thinking we've already won because last week's loss was the loss we "needed", we'll be in trouble.

Imagine the outrage were we to lose against this rabble. We were supposed to beat the Tigers last week remember.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11