Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

Bradley Abbey
Oliver Clements
Austin Dias
Soakimi Fakua
Clayton Faulalo
Ryan Garner
Faleata Iosefa
Jack Kenny
Bilal Maarbanni
Robert Mafi
Jordan Main
Dean Matterson
Arthur Melham
Sosaia Moala
John Nohra
Joshua Stuckey
Steven Taupau Sako
Jake Toby
Denzal Tonise
Joey Tramontana
Tangata Utoikamanu
Coaching Staff
Todd DarvallGM of Football
Greg Boulous Head Coach
Brock SheppardNSW Cup Assistant Coach
Mick FaraesTeam Manager
Brett FieldBlue Shirt
John Toby Yellow Shirt
Mick TonelloOrange Shirt
Brad GenovaHead Strength & Conditioning
Chloe Wehbe Head Physio
Mica SpasojevicClub Doctor

Bradley Abbey
Oliver Clements
Austin Dias
Soakimi Fakua
Clayton Faulalo
Ryan Garner
Faleata Iosefa
Jack Kenny
Bilal Maarbanni
Robert Mafi
Jordan Main
Dean Matterson
Arthur Melham
Sosaia Moala
John Nohra
Joshua Stuckey
Steven Taupau Sako
Jake Toby
Denzal Tonise
Joey Tramontana
Tangata Utoikamanu
Coaching Staff
Todd DarvallGM of Football
Greg BoulousHead Coach
Brock SheppardNSW Cup Assistant Coach
Mick FaraesTeam Manager
Brett FieldBlue Shirt
John TobyYellow Shirt
Mick TonelloOrange Shirt
Brad GenovaHead Strength & Conditioning
Chloe WehbeHead Physio
Mica SpasojevicClub Doctor
Brock Sheppard does the Fifth and last podcast with his brother Lewis. Looking forward to some possible insights on the Blacktown side this year. Great show for no nonsense RL analysis in general.

Looks to me like another wooden spoon, more than happy to be wrong.
Inclusions from the NRL squad will depend on us not having 8 players on the injured list each week.

Brock Sheppard does the Fifth and last podcast with his brother Lewis. Looking forward to some possible insights on the Blacktown side this year. Great show for no nonsense RL analysis in general.
I worked with Brock at the Panthers Harold Matts squad a few years ago and then at his Junior club that he was coaching at St Doms. He has a good footy brain so fingers crossed he can have an impact over there

Are WTFK. He Ferris etc are at Manly’s season launch after all the trial games have finished. May be more train and trail players have been handed Roache style Manly train and replacement contracts. I have NFI.

Last edited:
That Fitth and Last Pod Cast is a just an FN must for all us Manly Fans.

Do yourself a favour.

So the most impressive human who Brock now has a completely different appreciation for after seeing how he carry’s himself at Manly’s training, Non other than the Scorpio.......

He might have just explained the train and replacement thingy too, said Jake Toby had just been upgraded to a Manly train and trial for the rest of the year.

He explained Manly are paying him to train (it seems full time) with Manly’s top 30 squad for the entire year. Goes on to say a club can have as many train and trails as they want. ( Im thinking he means train and replacement - as train and trials ended after the trials, they didn’t go all season long)

Apparently Seibs will be sending everyone not named in the 18 back Blacktown way.

So Blacktown contract only training with Blacktown playing at Blacktown

Train and Replacement paid by Manly to train (full time it would seem) at Manly but play at Blacktown.

My memory is all players playing for your reserve grade side can play NRL games after June 30 or post the half way mark of the regular season, one of the two.

So just may be we might see a surprise packet or two a bit more ready for NRL later in the year.

Last edited:
That Fitth and Last Pod Cast is a just an FN must for all us Manly Fans.

Do yourself a favour.

So the most impressive human who Brock now has a completely different appreciation for after seeing how he carry’s himself at Manly’s training, Non other than the Scorpio.......

He might have just explained the train and replacement thingy too, said Jake Toby had just been upgraded to a Manly train and trial for the rest of the year.

He explained Manly are paying him to train (it seems full time) with Manly’s top 30 squad for the entire year. Goes on to say a club can have as many train and trails as they want. ( Im thinking he means train and replacement - as train and trials ended after the trials, they didn’t go all season long)

Apparently Seibs will be sending everyone not named in the 18 back Blacktown way.

So Blacktown contract only training with Blacktown playing at Blacktown

Train and Replacement paid by Manly to train (full time it would seem) at Manly but play at Blacktown.

My memory is all players playing for your reserve grade side can play NRL games after June 30 or post the half way mark of the regular season, one of the two.

So just may be we might see a surprise packet half ready for NRL later in the year.
Round 11 the Blacktown players can get a go in first grade if needed as far as I know (that was the case last year).
Jake Toby would be right up there if trial form is an indication imo.

Im hoping that every NRL squad player that is available but not in the game day 19 or injured is playing in the reggies EVERY WEEK, NOT just for match fitness but for a "team" mentality of NEXT MAN UP approach and they will be up and ready for an NRL call up if needed, and also so that the BWSE win the comp and put a bit of pride in wearing the sea Eagles logo.

For example
1- Toby
2- Veaga
3- Myers
4- Harper
5- Parker
6- Johns
7- Humphries
8- Tuitavaike
9- Roach
10- Fifita
11- S Fainu
12- Condon
13- Fulton
14- Matterson
15- Boyle
16- Diaz
17- Stuckey
18- Sykes

Im hoping that every NRL squad player that is available but not in the game day 19 or injured is playing in the reggies EVERY WEEK, NOT just for match fitness but for a "team" mentality of NEXT MAN UP approach and they will be up and ready for an NRL call up if needed, and also so that the BWSE win the comp and put a bit of pride in wearing the sea Eagles logo.

For example
1- Toby
2- Veaga
3- Myers
4- Harper
5- Parker
6- Johns
7- Humphries
8- Tuitavaike
9- Roach
10- Fifita
11- S Fainu
12- Condon
13- Fulton
14- Matterson
15- Boyle
16- Diaz
17- Stuckey
18- Sykes
That's a very impressive reserve grade team, no wooden spoon here you would have to think.

Round 11 the Blacktown players can get a go in first grade if needed as far as I know (that was the case last year).
Jake Toby would be right up there if trial form is an indication imo.
Doesn't Round 11 seem so arbitrary? Surely some bright spark can find a better solution. If a team has a bunch of injuries or a players in ressies who demands inclusion they just have to wait? I can see how it's trying to stop the likes of the Rorters stacking their Reserves but surely the real problem of the Third party stuff needs to be honestly addressed.

That's a very impressive reserve grade team, no wooden spoon here you would have to think.
I have to say I'm still a bit confused about our "fringe" players and the named Blacktown squad and who gets to play when. But if the fringe players do play at Blacktown, then surely they can improve on the last couple of years.

I have to say I'm still a bit confused about our "fringe" players and the named Blacktown squad and who gets to play when. But if the fringe players do play at Blacktown, then surely they can improve on the last couple of years.
Yeah, will be interesting to see if that does actually happen, putting surplus players into the Blacktown team ?.

You would think top 4 , even premiers and they can then bring that confidence into the NRL team if selected.

I would actually pay to go watch that team play.

Seibold HAS TO BE ONTO THIS! its all about team harmony and next man up mentality. where no player is bigger than the club and all players are treated equally.
It shouldn't be looked at as reggies, rather its Manly's NRL squad playing to keep match fit and play the same systems, plays and structures. And fight hard to be better and play in the NRL

I would even go as far as to have ALL the players train together at least 2 days per week. There is no rule within the NRL or the NSWRL that says your TEAM SQUAD can't be 60 players or cant train together.
If they train together they all feel like ONE Team, it also helps the overall coaching staff to think as one and help each other to be winners.

You could also go as far as to get ALL the players in on a Tuesday after training and name the teams, both NRL and NSW Cup, have a large video board up with all their names, have a list of injured , suspended and available players for each week and then get the coaching staff to name the teams for that round.

they could then give feedback to the players who miss out on what they need to do better and also further encourage those who get selection to play a role.

Just the added competition for spots each week and the clear pathway to the NRL would boost all players and keep those elite players on their toes.

they then share the wins and the losses to become better.

You would think top 4 , even premiers and they can then bring that confidence into the NRL team if selected.

Seibold HAS TO BE ONTO THIS! its all about team harmony and next man up mentality. where no player is bigger than the club and all players are treated equally.
It shouldn't be looked at as reggies, rather its Manly's NRL squad playing to keep match fit and play the same systems, plays and structures. And fight hard to be better and play in the NRL

I would even go as far as to have ALL the players train together at least 2 days per week. There is no rule within the NRL or the NSWRL that says your TEAM SQUAD can't be 60 players or cant train together.
If they train together they all feel like ONE Team, it also helps the overall coaching staff to think as one and help each other to be winners.

You could also go as far as to get ALL the players in on a Tuesday after training and name the teams, both NRL and NSW Cup, have a large video board up with all their names, have a list of injured , suspended and available players for each week and then get the coaching staff to name the teams for that round.

they could then give feedback to the players who miss out on what they need to do better and also further encourage those who get selection to play a role.

Just the added competition for spots each week and the clear pathway to the NRL would boost all players and keep those elite players on their toes.

Great idea Jay Eagle, send this post to Sieb's, lot of good points here to go on with.

Great post firstly.
A funny thing in rugby league is many supporters are all about "I only follow the Top grade", but I personally feel the importance of the reserve grade is massively underestimated in it's importance.
I mean these are the blokes who should be snapping at the heels of the NRL players to take their spot adding competition, which in turn creates increased desperation and effort which surely helps results across the board.
In reality, the only difference between many reserve grade and Qld Cup players is the off field disciplines and effort, as many are talented enough to play top level.....so which a sniff of opportunity it gives these blokes motivation to take that next step and has the NRL blokes looking over the shoulder, which is healthy in both cases.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6