Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why did we let go of Jake Toby, he looked like he could have been a good player.
Why do we have Woods as an NRL option
What impact did woods make last season ?
How did he improve our forwards ?
I saw nothing
But all people see different things
Every person makes decisions that will impact their destiny

Yeah bit baffled by no Parker or Woods.

Guessing it's just to see how they pull up from the long flight.

Last edited:
Young Hoppa picked at right centre this weekend, the club has signed him as a development player for 2025 2026, this was done in November 2023.
That would be unusual if Hopoate has been relegated to development player for 2025. He is in the top 30 this year, and from memory he was also in the top 30 last year when he played 20 NRL games.

Edit: wrong Hoppa 🙃

Albert was also picked as centre for the Raiders NRL team

Last edited:
That would be unusual if Hopoate has been relegated to development player for 2025. He is in the top 30 this year, and from memory he was also in the top 30 last year when he played 20 NRL games.

Not Albert but the young bloke that plays with us who is only 18. Name starts with L 😀

Strange team - not many of the usual suspects selected. No Faulalo, Abbey, Condon, Lehmann, Brown, Woods, Dias, Parker, Fulton, Sykes, Uesele etc.. Wondering if it will be a different side that actually runs out.
Faulalo was clutching at a wrist late in the trial against the Broncos. Hopefully he isn't injured.

Notice Kioa 's return in the centres after a couple of years elsewhere , was it the Sharks initially ?
Think that he may have been in Manly "s top squad at one stage as well and even had a stint in the lower grade's 2 nd row from recollection .
Then his junior centre partner Fuanu [ maybe wrong spelling ] , wonder how he is going in Union .
Thought that the selected half "s pairing may have been the other way around but not that much difference these days with halves roles
Probably would expect a couple of fringe i st graders to be eventually included
and Tom Talau on the wing .
Looks like Seibold may have the view of him covering i st grade wing in future times .
Thought that he would have been or most likely only considered as a centre option
Must have some reasonable pace then

The current picked team atm looks very soft up the middle. I understand young James has potential but the other prop seems to be somewhat of a journeyman..

That's a weird team. I know we took 25 to Vegas. But we can't have that many out injured for Rd 1.

Last edited:
That's a weird team. I know we took 25 to Vegas. But we can't have that many out injured for Rd 1.
Could it simply be a case that they only considered players that stayed in Australia. They would have trained together while the Vegas squad were away (possibly played a trial last weekend) so simply wanted to keep the combinations together. Think we will see a different team come game 2.

Hoppa at centre is an intriguing one. Eligible for Jersey Flegg but clearly looking to fast track him. He looked (potentially) very capable during the trials. Another year/bigger body and I think he is in play for a starting wing/centre position in 2025.

Not being televised on the weekend ?
Definitely seem to be fast tracking young Hoppa and quite a few other capable outside backs coming through as well
Probably need the halves to go well and provide a bit of direction
Think that Matterson can go a bit better then he did in the trials .
Humphries and Gordie no doubt will be trying to do well to stake a claim if Lawton is unavailable next week .

Not being televised on the weekend ?
Definitely seem to be fast tracking young Hoppa and quite a few other capable outside backs coming through as well
Probably need the halves to go well and provide a bit of direction
Think that Matterson can go a bit better then he did in the trials .
Humphries and Gordie no doubt will be trying to do well to stake a claim if Lawton is unavailable next week .
Not on Foxtel, they're doing Parramatta v Canterbury.

It is available on the NSWRLTV app, if you're super keen.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8