Blacktown Workers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A few changes to Manlys NSW cup team
IMG_6095.jpeg

Humphries played good minutes, first 58 minutes straight and 4 minutes at the back end.

On paper the vermin looked a stronger team, good win for the workers..
So 18 mins for gordie or did Humphries play in the halves for part of the game?

So 18 mins for gordie or did Humphries play in the halves for part of the game?
Played at nine for the first 58 minutes, the back end was hard too say, but Arthur and Wakeham played the full game in the halves.

Just finished watching the full game. For 60 minutes, I was wondering why Souths were only winning by 6-16. Most of the possession and field position went their way. All of a sudden, in 10 minutes, the Eagles had the go forward, GKCT came on and had some space and a couple of good runs down the left, both involving Lehi Hopoate. After today's game, I have Hopoate ahead of Talau although in saying that, Talau has some NRL behind him which may give him an advantage.
Sykes is a maybe for me. He comes on and is a fair edge defender but doesn't get enough game time. He and Diaz may be in the grade they should be in.
Vaega, and we all love his aggression but he certainly went over the top once the Eagles edged ahead. Love to see it when the team needs a lift.

Just finished watching the full game. For 60 minutes, I was wondering why Souths were only winning by 6-16. Most of the possession and field position went their way. All of a sudden, in 10 minutes, the Eagles had the go forward, GKCT came on and had some space and a couple of good runs down the left, both involving Lehi Hopoate. After today's game, I have Hopoate ahead of Talau although in saying that, Talau has some NRL behind him which may give him an advantage.
Sykes is a maybe for me. He comes on and is a fair edge defender but doesn't get enough game time. He and Diaz may be in the grade they should be in.
Vaega, and we all love his aggression but he certainly went over the top once the Eagles edged ahead. Love to see it when the team needs a lift.
He does look good young Hoppa, makes good ground on the hard runs also.

His current contract is a juniors deal with a development deal for 2025 and a top 30 contract in 2026.

I wonder if he has exceeded expectations in the off season and they are having a look at him against the men for a few games rather than Flegg.

His current contract is a juniors deal with a development deal for 2025 and a top 30 contract in 2026.

I wonder if he has exceeded expectations in the off season and they are having a look at him against the men for a few games rather than Flegg.
The fact they took him to Vegas tells me he's definitely in the coaching staff's future plans. I would have thought he's not big enough yet, but maybe that's not going to matter. He certainly looks good with the ball in hand.

The fact they took him to Vegas tells me he's definitely in the coaching staff's future plans. I would have thought he's not big enough yet, but maybe that's not going to matter. He certainly looks good with the ball in hand.
The best coaches tend to yo-yo young players with potential through the grades. Expose them to higher levels then drop them back down to consolidate the lessons learnt. It's like climbers acclimatising to altitude.

In the trial, when he shifted to fullback, he was positionally good and it stood out. In today's game, he came up quick in defence twice to shut down attacking raids near our line. In the 2nd half, had 2 opportunities, one was a Try assist and the other he scored the try.
I'll be following his games with interest this year.

With Tippytoes leaving it does leave the squad an outside back down, don’t know if he is in the frame this season but from the limited time I have seen him he looks good with the ball and without.

I started too pay more attention after the trial game and he did well today, athletic type build and like you say the body size may be a season out.

The club have locked him up so they have good vision on him.

In the trial, when he shifted to fullback, he was positionally good and it stood out. In today's game, he came up quick in defence twice to shut down attacking raids near our line. In the 2nd half, had 2 opportunities, one was a Try assist and the other he scored the try.
I'll be following his games with interest this year.
Likewise I like the look of him,Will had his debut at a young age, maybe Lehi can do the same.

One of the better judges on young player @Smokin Joe may have some further insight on him.

Last edited:
Blacktown Workers backline has plenty of toe , similar to ist grade .
Didn ;t see the full game so not sure how the forward line up went but not sure if Sykes is the most suited edge type of player .
Looks like Wakeman may have a bit of an issue reading the defence just off the ruck area but be surprised if he can not still be a pretty fair all round 7 if given the opportunity .
Maybe playing Arthur as a 7 is to prepare him as a i st grade half if D C E is unavailable .
Hodgson looked sharp again , every indication of being a good pickup by Seibold

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8