Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rusty said:
I would go to the tip if that's where Manly were playing, but in this day and age a walkway that can handle the crowd intended to use it is not a luxury, or even an afterthought - it should be a requirement.

The hill at Brookie can resemble a tip after a game since a lot of people can't be bothered dropping their rubbish in the bin on the way out.

Fluffy said:
Mals said:
Phantar said:
It was done on the cheap. Cost only what, $20 odd million? Look how much the GC and new Melbourne stadiums cost - and they aren't big grounds either.

True but if there was an offer to knock down & rebuild this stadium at Brookie would you knock it back?

Absolutly YES

You've got to be joking mals. Progress is about moving forward, improvement.
As many have said, BT is a disgrace of a ground. Aside from needing some increased corporate facility, Brookvale is the near perfect place to watch the footy. If we needed to up the capacity, all they have to do is build up the hill.

Duff said:
As many have said, BT is a disgrace of a ground. Aside from needing some increased corporate facility, Brookvale is the near perfect place to watch the footy. If we needed to up the capacity, all they have to do is build up the hill.

Personally I love Brookie Oval but if it's a "near perfect place to watch footy" why does our attendance plummet on cold & wet match days?? The reason is simple - we do not have enough undercover seating.

Do you really believe we will get the funding for a new grandstand to run along the sideline hill?

Mals said:
Duff said:

Personally I love Brookie Oval but if it's a "near perfect place to watch footy" why does our attendance plummet on cold & wet match days?? The reason is simple - we do not have enough undercover seating.

Do you really believe we will get the funding for a new grandstand to run along the sideline hill?

Every ground loses attendees in wet weather. You get pretty wet at Bluetongue & SFS in the rain too. At least at Brookie you can stand up and have a laugh about it. Sitting in a puddle in a cold seat is miserable.

I don't think we're going to get jack **** for anything. I'm only talking in the hypothetical. We certainly won't get funding for a knock down and rebuild. Even if we did, a cheap and nasty job that will be an embarrassment within 10 years like BT is not the way to go. Being stuck with somthing like that would get pretty old pretty quickly and then where are we? I'd be pushing to move to the SFS if that happened.

We have a great ground. A Newcastle type stand in place of the current JT would be ideal but it wont happen.

Mals said:
Duff said:

The reason is also that people are softcocks and forget why they buy jackets ;)

Duff said:
Fluffy said:
Mals said:
Phantar said:
It was done on the cheap. Cost only what, $20 odd million? Look how much the GC and new Melbourne stadiums cost - and they aren't big grounds either.

True but if there was an offer to knock down & rebuild this stadium at Brookie would you knock it back?

Absolutly YES

Newcastle's stadium is the best in the league.
All the things people require in a stadium.
It's what Brookie should be aiming for

Let's face it, RL is now a Television event. Fans who attend the game are of secondary importance in the eyes of broadcasters who dictate terms to the NRL.
It's a terrible shame. Regardless of the quality of the stadia, TV is keeping thousands away from attending matches. I have some friends who perport to being Manly fans, and everytime I invite them to join me on the hill they invent a reason not to go. They never tell me the truth, which is: why pay money, and often brave the cold, when you can watch it from the comfort of your home?
Without TV we would never have had my pet hate, the video ref. Oh for a return to the days of instant decision-making and non-stop action.

The Who said:
Let's face it, RL is now a Television event. Fans who attend the game are of secondary importance in the eyes of broadcasters who dictate terms to the NRL.
It's a terrible shame. Regardless of the quality of the stadia, TV is keeping thousands away from attending matches. I have some friends who perport to being Manly fans, and everytime I invite them to join me on the hill they invent a reason not to go. They never tell me the truth, which is: why pay money, and often brave the cold, when you can watch it from the comfort of your home?
Without TV we would never have had my pet hate, the video ref. Oh for a return to the days of instant decision-making and non-stop action.

Spot on! It is no longer a family afternoon event, Friday night kick off times of 7:45pm & Monday night football have killed that.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6