Bob Fulton and his amazing footballing family

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bob "Bozo" Fulton was the Sea Eagles greatest ever player and now his heirs are following in his footsteps on the same ground which made him a star.

At the Manly junior rugby league grand finals held on Brookvale last Saturday the Fulton name once again dominated.

Read More

Bob "Bozo" Fulton was the Sea Eagles greatest ever player and now his heirs are following in his footsteps on the same ground which made him a star.

At the Manly junior rugby league grand finals he
epp-bob-fulton.jpg
ld on Brookvale last Saturday the Fulton name once again dominated.

Bob's son Brett coached three Beacon Hill Bears sides to consecutive premiership titles in the under 9s, 10s and 11s.

Brett's youngest son Jake was in the under 9 side and then backed up straight away in the under 10s.

His elder brother Kobe was a member of the Beacon Hill Bears under 11s that saw his dad Brett pull off the coaching trifecta.

For good measure Ethan, the son of Bozo's daughter Kristie, was in the Bears' under sevens who went through their season undefeated.

And Bozo, a rugby league Immortal, was a delighted dad and grandfather sitting on the other side of the fence at his old stamping ground on Saturday.

"The whole family is very proud of what Brett has achieved as a coach, winning three competitions on the one day," Fulton said.

"I've been around the game for a fair while and I can't remember it ever happening before."

"It was a day for Brett and the grandsons," Fulton said.

His passion as a premiership winning and Test coach was one of his strengths that occasionally landed him in hot water.

But Fulton is a lot more mellow watching Kobe, Jake and Ethan play.

"It was a day for Brett and the grandsons," Fulton said.

"They are blood and they are playing a game they love and which I have been involved with for a heck of a long time — 50 years exactly," he said.

"I like to see their enjoyment.

"And while the winning of the game is important, what is more important is the camaraderie and mateship they develop on the run from a very young age."

Brett admitted that playing the grand finals at the "Fortress" made the occasion even more special.

"I remember as a kid playing at Brookie and it's all you wanted to do- and then growing up and being able to play there as well," Brett said. "It does mean a lot."

He said his dad will occasionally offer him some coaching tips.

"He's really into it and loves watching the three boys play," Brett said.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-legend-bob-fulton-and-his-amazing-footballing-family/story-fngr8iii-1227055536459

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4