Bob Fulton question...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eireylu

Rookie
Ok, please don't kill me and go gentle on me, as I understand you are all the most passionate Manly supporters on earth.

I am buying my boyfriend a 1976 jersey for christmas and I want to get it personalised with 'Fulton' (his favourite player) and the number.

OK, so I have NO IDEA what I am doing, but trying to be a good girlfriend and have researched and learned the 76 jersey is the only one he doesn't have from winning premierships and Fulton is his favourite player etc.

He is VERY into accuracy, SO I have been trying to work out what number to get and I am stuck.

I see that Fulton is renowned and honoured for being a five-eighth. However, I saw he played Centre too, and played centre in that grand final. But i can't find out anywhere whether fulton played a lot of games that year as 5/8th or if it was mainly ventre

So please... manly fans, help a hapless girlfriend out and tell me what bloody number I should be getting on this jersey?

Thanks!

Bozo played centre in that Grand Final - my gut feel is that he wore Number 3 but might need to look at the video to be sure

Manly-Warringah
Graham Eadie FB
Tom Mooney WG
Russell Gartner CE
Bob Fulton (c) CE
Rod Jackson WG 
Alan Thompson FE
Gary Stephens HB 
John Harvey PR
Max Krilich HK 
Terry Randall PR 
Steve Norton SR 
Phil Lowe SR 
Ian Martin LK
Gary Thoroughgoood Reserve
Mark Willoughby Reserve
Frank Stanton Coach

not 100% sure but I think he wore the #4 jersey in the 76 GF

and this is the jersey
1976-retro-jersey.jpg

thanks for the help guys. I guess what I am asking is, regardless of anything, is there a number he was most known for, that I should get?

I reckon he was a better centre than 5/8 but he was bloody good in both positions!

From the footage I have seen i am pretty sure he was the right centre in the GF. I might have the footage somewhere and will look it up for you.

Wikipedia has him in the 5 and I seem to remember the 4 on his back from the footage I have seen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Fulton

This may confuse the issue a bit more haha

In Manly's greatest side he was named in the 3 jersey

I just put on my 1976 GF DVD and Fulton played in the 4 jersey

To put my 2 cents into it, the jersey is a replica of the 1976 GF win against parramatta and he played in 4 for that match so I would go with that

I would go with 4.

I think Fulton being named at 3 for the team of the century was more because centres generally can play both sides, so they threw him in there, I remember seeing the 4 on his back most

4 is right. Dan is full of nonsense though as in those days it was Inside and Outside Centre. Bozo played next to Ian Martin and Gartner played outside him on both sides. The centres aligned themselves according to where the ruck was and crossed the field at various times. Right and Left Centre did not come into play until the 80s and then 90s.

CW that does not change the fact he was named in 3 for the team of the century.....care to offer another explanation?

i cant believe you are a teacher sometimes.

no wonder kids are the way they are

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182107.msg246890#msg246890 date=1259879587]

I am just glad I didn't have to teach you!!!! :)
[/quote]  Teachers hate it when they cop a kid smarter than them.  Happened to me all the time at school.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182107.msg246907#msg246907 date=1259894161]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182107.msg246890#msg246890 date=1259879587]

I am just glad I didn't have to teach you!!!! :)
[/quote]  Teachers hate it when they cop a kid smarter than them.  Happened to me all the time at school.
[/quote]Who was the kid? Friend of yours?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8