Bob Reilly gone ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DYEagle said:
Daniel said:
HappilyManly said:
The Manly Board continued harrassment by the News Ltd press is boring

We the Fans just want the info on who is playing on the field - the backroom is only of interest to the people agitating for control of it :exclamation:

This 'spectacular demise' has been in side columns for a week now in the both the DT and the Manly Daily. :dodgy:

Ah the exact aim of mediabeatup.net, go take a look, it is almost ready for use

Hey Daniel the new site is a great idea!

Will you be adding a Facebook Like/Share button for Social media exposure????

yeah absolutely. Its still under development and refinement but it will have all of that stuff soon

Wish you the best of success with the site Dan. Will it take off? Who knows? Hope so.

Capture enough imaginations and it may just.

But please don't put those words "scrupulous" and "journalists" in the same sentence.

Giving peace a chance
Rugby League

28 Jun 12 @ 12:15am by Jon Geddes and Andrew Prentice

LONG-STANDING official Bob Reilly hopes his decision to stand down from the Manly Warringah Leagues Club board this week will ease tensions in their partnership with the Sea Eagles.

And he confirmed that he will continue in his roles as deputy chairman of the Sea Eagles and chairman of the district club.

Since winning last year's premiership, the Sea Eagles have been embroiled in a power battle.

Chairman Scott Penn has been arguing that his representation on the seven-man board should reflect his stake in the organisation.

Penn Sport owns a little more than 50 per cent of the Sea Eagles and has three of the seven board seats. Quantum owns 37 per cent and has two seats.

The district club has two representatives in Reilly and former player Darrell Williams.

Penn has previously told The Manly Daily he had no interest in selling his share of the club to Quantum.

That came after a board meeting this month saw a vote of no confidence passed against him as chairman.

But there are still no signs of peace in the boardroom and more dramas are likely.

"I felt my roles as deputy chairman of the Sea Eagles club and chairman of the district club were conflicting with my role on the board of the leagues club," Reilly told The Manly Daily.

"There was a bit of conflict of interest with me having to deal with all these boards. I had a talk to a few of the guys and felt I'd better pop off that (leagues club) board and give myself a little bit of room and a little bit of time to concentrate on the others roles."

Reilly said new leagues club chairman David Costello now had the place running really well.

"I have been thinking about it for a while and now is the time to make a bit of room and give someone else a go on the board," Reilly said.

"And it takes away some of the tension in negotiations between the leagues club and some of the people they have to deal with."

Reilly's resignation took Costello by surprise.

"Bob is a club stalwart whose contribution will always be valued," Costello said. "He walked away on his own accord, which is his right."

Reilly's replacement on the leagues club board is respected figure Graham "Sandy" Houston.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/giving-peace-a-chance-1/

Interesting. I guess the rumours doing the rounds aren't true

Daniel said:
Interesting. I guess the rumours doing the rounds aren't true

Well i suspect he may have done something wrong and this
is his own self-punishment,he is easily our best scapegoat
of late

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12