Book recommendations....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dark Rivers Of The Heart and Winter's Moon by Dean Koontz. Similar to Steph. King

Anyone read the book "The Half Men of O"? Don't remember the authors name.
It's fantasy genre and the first book I really enjoyed when I was in yr 7. I can't find it anywhere.

I've also just finished this one, which I really enjoyed. A good take on the time travel 'genre' and it's not a horror story in case King scares you!

11/22/63: A Novel

- By Stephen King

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination—a thousand page tour de force.

Following his massively successful novel Under the Dome, King sweeps readers back in time to another moment—a real life moment—when everything went wrong: the JFK assassination. And he introduces readers to a character who has the power to change the course of history.

Matas I might put that on the list

CW already been through 3 of your list

Not at all a fan of Grisham, He writes by template, or framework just fills in the blanks in my opinion

As for John's Gospel, I been there done that twice now.

I went into the shop and first book I saw was Magician, by Raymond E Feist which was one of the best books I have read so I picked it up for $10.

I also saw "My Bookie Wook" which is a biography of that weird english comedian that was on Rove last night, so picked that up. After that I have Twilight it looks to have some promise with some easy reading. I also picked up the Alchemist by Paulo, looks outstanding. But keep up a list here guys I am on the lookout for more always
Keep reading the magician series but google the order of reading as it drifts to another world and you learn more about PUG

Anyone know any good Aussie crime writers?
With stories preferably set in Sydney but doesn't have to be.
My favourite was Peter Corris with his Cliff Hardy series but he's dead so I can't see anymore of those heading our way.
And of course Robert G Barrett with Les Norton.
He's crossed over as well.
So any ideas greatly appreciated.

try the oddkinds
Koontz
It was a child eyes book that I read to my kids at night and have just found out after 35 years that it scared the ****e out of them but they were to scared to tell

lol..I mean awww poor kids!

The great thing about ebook readers is it's cheaper to get the books to read.

I've read the odd thomas series and liked them, even watched the movie, so Oddkins sounds like ti could be good too.

Anyone know any good Aussie crime writers?
With stories preferably set in Sydney but doesn't have to be.
My favourite was Peter Corris with his Cliff Hardy series but he's dead so I can't see anymore of those heading our way.
And of course Robert G Barrett with Les Norton.
He's crossed over as well.
So any ideas greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure but maybe these links may have a few suggestions...?

In a departure from his famous series of works on rock, pop, beat, garage, psych and prog rock recorded between 1963 and 1976 in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other countries, British musicologist Vernon Joynson has penned a new title covering punk, new wave, post punk, mod revival, neo-psychedelia, goth rock & electronic music in the UK between 1976 and 1986.
While a lot of Joynsons books are hard to find I have managed to get his first three on Inter Library Loan through my local library so they are still available.

Last edited:
Damascus, by Christos Tsiolkas.
I needed another book during lockdown and a friend thought I'd like this.
I wouldn't say 'liked' but it was a pretty full-on story set in a very significant period in history (immediately after the life of Jesus Christ) and it has ample violence & depravity too.
In retrospect I likened it to a trip to the dentist: uncomfortable, occasionally excruciating, but after its over I'm glad I did it :)

Sailing alone around the world by Joshua Slocum.
This is a great book. The story of the first man to circumnavigate the world alone.
In 1892, a friend, Captain Eben Pierce, offered Slocum a boat that "wants some repairs". The boat was a rotting 36 foot wooden sloop propped-up in a field, where it had lain since 1885. After some much needed repairs this was the boat Slocum took on his voyage around the world.
Some of the highlights of his voyage include encounters with pirates, savage denizens of Tierra Del Fuego and meeting up with fellow explorer Henry Stanley ( Dr Livingstone, I presume) in Africa.
Anybody who doesn't like this book should be set adrift in a small boat with Todd Greenberg.

This is a great book. The story of the first man to circumnavigate the world alone.
In 1892, a friend, Captain Eben Pierce, offered Slocum a boat that "wants some repairs". The boat was a rotting 36 foot wooden sloop propped-up in a field, where it had lain since 1885. After some much needed repairs this was the boat Slocum took on his voyage around the world.
Some of the highlights of his voyage include encounters with pirates, savage denizens of Tierra Del Fuego and meeting up with fellow explorer Henry Stanley ( Dr Livingstone, I presume) in Africa.
Anybody who doesn't like this book should be set adrift in a small boat with Todd Greenberg.

Noice!

Suck on that Columbus!

220px-Spray.jpg

Said boat "The Spray"

edit: Also

Arthur Ransome went so far as to declare, "Boys who do not like this book ought to be drowned at once."

Must be an ancestor of Moondog!

In the same vein I would recommend The Long Way by Bernard Moitessier and Where The Sea Breaks It’s Back by Corey Ford. If you can find it there is also a great old book called The Arcturus Adventure written by the naturalist William Bebbe.

if you want really good blood and violence try anything by Joe Abercrombie.

In the same vein I would recommend The Long Way by Bernard Moitessier and Where The Sea Breaks It’s Back by Corey Ford. If you can find it there is also a great old book called The Arcturus Adventure written by the naturalist William Bebbe.

if you want really good blood and violence try anything by Joe Abercrombie.
I'll see if I can track those down, they sound interesting.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, roughly 800,000 children are reported missing each year in the U.S., Most are found, thousands are not.....this is the basis for Stephen Kings novel The Institute, one of the best things he's written in years....You'll need your tinfoil hat for this one.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, roughly 800,000 children are reported missing each year in the U.S., Most are found, thousands are not.....this is the basis for Stephen Kings novel The Institute, one of the best things he's written in years....You'll need your tinfoil hat for this one.

I quite liked King's 11.22.63

About what would happen if events were different on that fateful date.

that's all.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6