Book recommendations....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just remember books can be dangerous. I went to the library yesterday and left in an ambulance....some old lady lost control of her mobility scooter, crashed into a heavy table and pinned my legs to the circulation desk while a perspex screen broke on my head. The old lady said she was 90 and had that scooter for a while. I'm thinking of getting a faster one she said. Lucky no one was seriously injured she remarked as she gave me a cheery wave goodbye and took off full throttle.

Just remember books can be dangerous. I went to the library yesterday and left in an ambulance....some old lady lost control of her mobility scooter, crashed into a heavy table and pinned my legs to the circulation desk while a perspex screen broke on my head. The old lady said she was 90 and had that scooter for a while. I'm thinking of getting a faster one she said. Lucky no one was seriously injured she remarked as she gave me a cheery wave goodbye and took off full throttle.
Jesus. If you can’t go to the library without getting hurt things are pretty grim.

A traumatic experience that clearly illustrates (split that sucker ohhh yeah) the danger that the elderly represent to all of us. If only there was some virus that targets the very elderly and frail and that could thin their numbers. What? Too soon.

I've just finished reading the final book in Don Winslows Cartel Trilogy. Consisting of The Power of the Dog, The Cartel and The Border it's taken him over 20 years to complete the series. The books are meticulously researched. Although fiction many of the incidents in the books have been inspired by real life events. The collusion of the drug cartels and the Mexican govt. has been well documented, Winslow suggests that government collusion doesn't stop at the border and some in Washington have their snouts deep in the trough. Winslow was an anti terrorist trainer and has a history in law enforcement.

Speaking of Mexicans.
Reading Trejo, a Xmas present which is an autobiography of Danny Trejo, pretty interesting life from a very tough background and accidentally ended up playing tough guys in Hollywood movies. Only half way through but an interesting read

I've just finished reading the final book in Don Winslows Cartel Trilogy. Consisting of The Power of the Dog, The Cartel and The Border it's taken him over 20 years to complete the series. The books are meticulously researched. Although fiction many of the incidents in the books have been inspired by real life events. The collusion of the drug cartels and the Mexican govt. has been well documented, Winslow suggests that government collusion doesn't stop at the border and some in Washington have their snouts deep in the trough. Winslow was an anti terrorist trainer and has a history in law enforcement.
WHAT???? Corruption and collusion at the high end of politics. It sounds like a flat earth conspiracy theorist has written this book. I hope you don't start posting that big pharma lie to increase profits.

Just finished reading "Witness to Roswell" non fiction, what a great read. If you're into UFO's like I am, you literally can't put it down. Over 600 first and second hand eye witness accounts and death bed confessions of what happened in 1947. Incidentally, was also Manlys first season in rugby league, UFO connection maybe..lol.. We may not have the physical proof, but the shear amount of eye witness accounts, make this such a compelling case for the yes case.

The daughter just finished this one, and said it’s a must read.

The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognizable structures to define a modern city. Yet, for author Kevin Hines the bridge is not merely a marker of a place or a time. Instead, the bridge marks the beginning of his remarkable story. At 19 years old, Kevin attempted to take his own life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge - a distance which took four seconds to fall. Recently diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, Kevin had begun to hear voices telling him he had to die, and days before his attempt, he began to believe them.

The fall would break his body, but not his spirit. His story chronicles the extraordinary will of the author to live mentally well in the face of his mental illness: bipolar disorder with psychotic features. With each mental breakdown, however, the author's desire to live mentally well-- and to be a mental health advocate-- pulls him from the depths of his condition. Kevin's story is a remarkable testament to the strength of the human spirit and a reminder to us to love the life we have. His story also reminds us that living mentally well takes time, endurance, hard work, and support. With these disciplines in place, those living with even very difficult diagnoses can achieve better lives for themselves and those who help to support and care for them.

1641369711592.jpeg

Lol, I thought it must be a cookbook :)

Been reading a couple of Cormoran Strike novels, he's a one legged detective and the author is Robert Galbraith (aka J K Rowling of Hary Potter fame). Way better than run of the mill detective fare, largely due to the characters and storytelling (which would be no surprise for Potter fans). Apparently there's several and I didn't start at the first one but doesn't seem to matter, I read Troubled Blood and now am half way through The Silkworm. Enjoying them!

Lol, I thought it must be a cookbook :)

Been reading a couple of Cormoran Strike novels, he's a one legged detective and the author is Robert Galbraith (aka J K Rowling of Hary Potter fame). Way better than run of the mill detective fare, largely due to the characters and storytelling (which would be no surprise for Potter fans). Apparently there's several and I didn't start at the first one but doesn't seem to matter, I read Troubled Blood and now am half way through The Silkworm. Enjoying them!
I'll have to try them next. I've been reading Michael Robothams books lately. I particularly like his Cyrus Haven series. He lives on the northern beaches where he writes from his " Cabana of Cruelty". Not sure if he's a Manly supporter.

I actually bought a book for the first time in a very long time this morning. I used to be an avid reader, but due to medical reasons, I just stopped. This book is only 286 pages. So I hope it is a stepping stone back to one of my favourite things…reading.

I actually bought a book for the first time in a very long time this morning. I used to be an avid reader, but due to medical reasons, I just stopped. This book is only 286 pages. So I hope it is a stepping stone back to one of my favourite things…reading.

I haven't bought a book for a while but I'm a regular library user. You can get just about any book you want through inter library loan. It's got to be a pretty rare book that's not available somewhere in Australia.

~bump~

Heathens.

I've just finished reading the 3 Richard Osman books "The Thursday murder club" "The man who died twice," and "The bullet that missed".

Premise: - A bunch of retirees living in an old persons resort end up solving murders 'n shizzle.

Richard has done a ton of stuff in his life so far, and I enjoyed his foray into writing.

'They' say he invented the 'cozy mystery' genre which is utter b/s as there are tons of authors doing it, and very successfully. Like I hear they even go on lots of overseas holidays and stuff.

(I mean Richard doesn't claim this...so it's not his fault).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4