Brad Scorpio Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harper 1 game 2 tries
Parker 15 games 2 tries.
Anyone need it spelled out any clearer. He's a 2nd grader.
Like spelling ‘center’ rather than ‘centre’?

There is the Queensland (aka ersatz American) way, then there is the Australian way.;)

Feel sorry for him he's a gutsy committed player who puts it all on the line every week. For all his other limitations his effort is second to none. But we need more than that. You want good stuff to happen for him. But its just not happening

I think Parker will go to the bottom of the list. Funa, Suli, Walker Harper all above him with the new speed of the game.
Good depth option but We really only want him to play a handful of games per season
Only way I can see us getting value from Parker is him bulking up 10kg, and being our off the bench 2row with centre cover. He’s good at D and just runs straight lines, not much else, but to me thats pretty much a poor mans Boyd Cordner so i’d be happy to give him a chance off the bench for versatility. God knows he doesn’t get ragdolled as much as Gosiewski, although thats not hard...

We’ve been so lucky to have a constant high caliber centre pairing from Steve Bell, Matai and Lyon. We all have a sentimental hope for young locals, and a red head Manly local gave us someone to invest in.
Last year he blew us away by finally living up to some of those hopes. But the centre position has changed a lot since last year and Suli and Parker are not known to create points.
I know that is typically a playmakers responsibility but we’ve had centres that create too.
Get walker back there next year with Funa.
We need points and youth like Penrith have done over time.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Funa
5. Harper/Hoppa
6. Shoe
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Fainu/Foran
10. Kapow
11. Gauc
12. Siro
13. Jurbo

14. Crocker/Cust/ZDC
15. Paseka
16. Keppie/Boyle
17. JetSki/new guy

Reserves:
Suli, Waddell*, Toffee*, Saddler, Smith?
If the squads get reduced to 26 as reported I’d let go Parker, Elliott and maybe Toffee?

I haven’t put tireless thought into this so no pressure Des!
Just murky morning ideas

Someone said let’s bring Fitzgibbon in for season 22. Cheeky.. but a thought...

You’ve got next year to prove yourself Des!
Cust is lightyears ahead of Croker & ZDC IMO. Cust Schuster is good 6 comp. Cust is probably the perfect 14.

I think Harper is too small for wing but probably would get away with it in centres maybe. Depends, however him and Funa should compete for one centre spot, it’d be great. Suli needs to be there... maybe on the wing?

Jetski has to go. Bring in Magoulias from the sharks, not getting game time and is a gun, the only real Glenn Stewart type player around at the moment.

Other than that, like your team a lot. I’s agree with it. Guaca needs a proper go. If we have Siro, him and Magoulias/someone else in a 2row rotation we’re doing pretty well. Let Gosiewski and Waddell go to the dogs.

Saab is a must. He would be my no 1 winger choice. I’m not really a fan of AJ but he does provide fullback cover.

Also, doesn’t Harper and Funa kick goals? Could be more comp in that aspect. Has AJ kicked goals too?

I think people are being harsh on Parker. Yes, he didn't have a great game yesterday. However, if I look over this train wreck of a season he has probably been our most consistent and reliable player. He turns up week in week out, puts in 100% and tackles like a demon.

He is no superstar world beater. He is a working cog that performs the dirty, unheralded, but very necessary tasks of any champion team. Unfortunately, when the team is failing around him, he also becomes the easy target for fans.

Parker is not our problem. There is no team cohesion, no reliable consistent leadership, too much inexperience, loss of self-belief, and lack of composure. Des has understandably struggled to bring this team of misfits and fill-ins together within the context of COVID, rule changes and injuries.

PS: and I'm not saying Parker has to be in the team for us to be a champion side again. However, given the challenges of working with a salary cap, he is the type of low cost piece in the puzzle that every team needs.

Cust is lightyears ahead of Croker & ZDC IMO. Cust Schuster is good 6 comp. Cust is probably the perfect 14.

I think Harper is too small for wing but probably would get away with it in centres maybe. Depends, however him and Funa should compete for one centre spot, it’d be great. Suli needs to be there... maybe on the wing?

Jetski has to go. Bring in Magoulias from the sharks, not getting game time and is a gun, the only real Glenn Stewart type player around at the moment.

Other than that, like your team a lot. I’s agree with it. Guaca needs a proper go. If we have Siro, him and Magoulias/someone else in a 2row rotation we’re doing pretty well. Let Gosiewski and Waddell go to the dogs.

Saab is a must. He would be my no 1 winger choice. I’m not really a fan of AJ but he does provide fullback cover.

Also, doesn’t Harper and Funa kick goals? Could be more comp in that aspect. Has AJ kicked goals too?

AJ is a good player. I get the feeling he will find another huge spring in his step with a change of clubs. It may or may not be with us, but he seems destined to be more driven and game focused if he leaves the burrow and his comfort zone. All according to my gut feeling- “F- sports science” my gut says he’s not reached his peak.

Back on Manly- I agree regarding Magoulias from the sharks. He was touted as Gallens replacement until Jack Williams usurped him.
I think he could still offer a similar role to Siliva Havilli at the raiders.
He covers second row and hooker quite well and is a footballer. More solid than Jaime Bhurer but could be used similar.

I believe Funa is a goal kicker but not sure about Harper

He is great defensively and pretty decent back-up for us. If we are cutting people based on the last 2 months there have been worse. Also his attack was pretty good early in the season with all players on deck.

He is great defensively and pretty decent back-up for us. If we are cutting people based on the last 2 months there have been worse. Also his attack was pretty good early in the season with all players on deck.
There in lies part of the problem.Walker looked good early on too,but there was one common denominator that made those two look “good” on the left and it was TomT.If you’re reliant on another player to make you look good,I’d suggest you’re not very good at all or in Walkers case,not very good in that position

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8