BREAKING: Bombshell backflip as Fifita pulls out of $3m Roosters deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NYEagle

Bencher
Good on Fifita for backflipping. He is just a big boy and I just think would not fit into the Roosters, especially away from family. Plus Des is a good manager of players earlier in their careers, especially mentally. I am sure that was a factor.

The more I watch him though he more and more he reminds of the Coal Train!

NYEagle

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Good on Fifita for backflipping. He is just a big boy and I just think would not fit into the Roosters, especially away from family. Plus Des is a good manager of players earlier in their careers, especially mentally. I am sure that was a factor.

The more I watch him though he more and more he reminds of the Coal Train!

NYEagle
Personally disagree, Fifita a significantly better player

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
So the rorters are crying fowl on Fifi backing out. Well fuk them. The masters at scumbag under handed deals got it thrown in their face. Politis can go suck on a rancid egg. I hope Crighton and Sitili stitch them up and demand huge deals or better still go elsewhere. Choke on your own sh*t you fuking scumbags.

Eagle 1

First Grader
So the rorters are crying fowl on Fifi backing out. Well fuk them. The masters at scumbag under handed deals got it thrown in their face. Politis can go suck on a rancid egg. I hope Crighton and Sitili stitch them up and demand huge deals or better still go elsewhere. Choke on your own sh*t you fuking scumbags.
geez.., don't hold back Mick, tell us how you really feel...lol.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Some real anger issues right there!

Eagle 1

First Grader
Personally disagree, Fifita a significantly better player
Gus Gould said the Chooks probably dodged a bullet, and went onto say that some players are meant to be in certain teams and some are not. Tend to agree with Gus, the expectation from the Easts fans for Fifi to play his best footy every game would be huge. Unlike the more sedate sandy beach's tourist GC strip laid back lifestyle that Fifi has been accustomed too.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Gus Gould said the Chooks probably dodged a bullet, and went onto say that some players are meant to be in certain teams and some are not. Tend to agree with Gus, the expectation from the Easts fans for Fifi to play his best footy every game would be huge. Unlike the more sedate sandy beach's tourist GC strip laid back lifestyle that Fifi has been accustomed too.
Sorry, my point was to the comparison with Dave Taylor.

I think it is a lazy comparison. In my view Fifita is a significantly better player.

I think Fifita suffers a poor fan perception from getting that monster contract, suddenly he was expected to win games on his own and whilst he played well he could never posdibly live up to the price.

I feel that period of him being overrated has now led to him being underrated to an extent and the truth lies in the middle.

Fifita is a fantastic edge, top 5 in the league in my view and a world away from flash in the pan Dave Taylor

Eagle 1

First Grader
Sorry, my point was to the comparison with Dave Taylor.

I think it is a lazy comparison. In my view Fifita is a significantly better player.

I think Fifita suffers a poor fan perception from getting that monster contract, suddenly he was expected to win games on his own and whilst he played well he could never posdibly live up to the price.

I feel that period of him being overrated has now led to him being underrated to an extent and the truth lies in the middle.

Fifita is a fantastic edge, top 5 in the league in my view and a world away from flash in the pan Dave Taylor
yeah sorry Disco, my reply was meant for NYEagle. You've make some good points tho.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Not sure that's exactly how it went down mate, sorry. Choc deserves more than that.
Happy to be enlightened mate. That’s not a crack as I know you were a bit closer to events than most on here. The comments against the club at the time are documented though, and there was talk he actively agitated for Gutho to leave as well, but happy to be corrected.

Ryan

Journey Man
Happy to be enlightened mate. That’s not a crack as I know you were a bit closer to events than most on here. The comments against the club at the time are documented though, and there was talk he actively agitated for Gutho to leave as well, but happy to be corrected.

I'll respond to this mate when I'm less disappointed with the team tonight, so I can give you a balanced / fair response to your question. Choc was always team and Manly first, I promise you that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 5 6 -3 13