Breakout Star of 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The squad certainly has a lot of potential, if we can extract even about 70% of it we can be a top 4 side. My biggest fear is our forward pack not standing up when it counts ala 2021.
Bit harsh eaglebuzz, we were one match away from a GF in 2021. We must have been doing something right, making it to a major semi at the time.

Bit harsh eaglebuzz, we were one match away from a GF in 2021. We must have been doing something right, making it to a major semi at the time.
Yes we were awesome except against top 4 sides and we folded like a cheap suit in our finals matches against top teams.

I am hopeful of better things this year, but it will require our pack standing toe to toe with the best sides.

Yes we were awesome except against top 4 sides and we folded like a cheap suit in our finals matches against top teams.

I am hopeful of better things this year, but it will require our pack standing toe to toe with the best sides.
Yeah, goes without saying. We've got a bit more grunt this coming season with the inclusion of Lodge and dare I say it Brown, whos been training the house down, also, James could be a real surprise packet for us too. The pack would have matured a lot from last season and can see the likes of Ola. Sipley, Ben Burbo and Bullymore all going up another level in 2024.

2024 Crystal Ball

1) Brown- back to Origin best form
2) Humphreys- star in the making
3) The Shu- His back
4) Brooks- Best season as an NRL player ( top 3 for Dally M)
5) Turbo- Injury free season
6) Haumole- Origin squad rep
7) Saab- leading try scorer with 27 Tries
8) DCE- captain of the year
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF
And........

Yeah, goes without saying. We've got a bit more grunt this coming season with the inclusion of Lodge and dare I say it Brown, whos been training the house down, also, James could be a real surprise packet for us too. The pack would have matured a lot from last season and can see the likes of Ola. Sipley, Ben Burbo and Bullymore all going up another level in 2024.
Our pack being a bit powder puff and nice has been a big weakness for us. Ola the only one stepping up with Aloiai in the odd game too. That appears to be changing with the likes of Brown and Lodge coming in. Could be exactly what we need to turn things around.

Our forwards are where we have to step up , I think our backs are fine , maybe not the best in the league but they’ll do the job.

But unless the forwards take control and not get rolled in matches we’ll be the same as 2023.

Lodge / Brown are mongrels ( good )

Bully will be a beauty ( almost there ).

Jake is Jake

Schuster is , well problematic but let’s see

The rest need to step up , and if they do

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Our forwards are where we have to step up , I think our backs are fine , maybe not the best in the league but they’ll do the job.

But unless the forwards take control and not get rolled in matches we’ll be the same as 2023.

Lodge / Brown are mongrels ( good )

Bully will be a beauty ( almost there ).

Jake is Jake

Schuster is , well problematic but let’s see

The rest need to step up , and if they do

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Mark........I think our backs are up with the best for 2024. Fit & healthy we have the backs & forwards to create havoc!!!
Trbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Brbo, Tuipulotu, Parker, Talau, Arthur, Faulalo, Humphries.......a few surprises from Blacktown?
Paseka
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jake
Bullemor, Lodge, Aloiai, Brown, GKCT, James, Wadell, Woods, Lawton, Matterson

Mark........I think our backs are up with the best for 2024. Fit & healthy we have the backs & forwards to create havoc!!!
Trbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Brbo, Tuipulotu, Parker, Talau, Arthur, Faulalo, Humphries.......a few surprises from Blacktown?
Paseka
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jake
Bullemor, Lodge, Aloiai, Brown, GKCT, James, Wadell, Woods, Lawton, Matterson
Missing Lodge and Sipley for the opening games is a bit of a shame. Would be good to start of full throttle in the forwards, but we now have adequate depth to cover for at least 2 fwd injuries going forward.

2024 Crystal Ball

1) Brown- back to Origin best form
2) Humphreys- star in the making
3) The Shu- His back
4) Brooks- Best season as an NRL player ( top 3 for Dally M)
5) Turbo- Injury free season
6) Haumole- Origin squad rep
7) Saab- leading try scorer with 27 Tries
8) DCE- captain of the year
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF
Love it!

Missing Lodge and Sipley for the opening games is a bit of a shame. Would be good to start of full throttle in the forwards, but we now have adequate depth to cover for at least 2 fwd injuries going forward.
Is Sipley out? Original prognosis was he would be back about Rd 1.

Koula and Olakau'atu will become the big names in this side as long as they stay uninjured. My dark horse in Ben Trbojevic. He's chosen not to resign for more than a year to 'prove himself'. He'll be out to make the big impact in '24

Koula and Olakau'atu will become the big names in this side as long as they stay uninjured. My dark horse in Ben Trbojevic. He's chosen not to resign for more than a year to 'prove himself'. He'll be out to make the big impact in '24
The first two are potentially superstars.

The dark horse , well he’s got a bit to do otherwise he’ll be forever known as “ Trevor “.

The first two are potentially superstars.

The dark horse , well he’s got a bit to do otherwise he’ll be forever known as “ Trevor “.

Agreed Mark. But each year I see him reaching the next stage. Injuries have thwarted his progress. Just as he seems to be showing his assets, he gets injured. A common problem with younger players. I'm looking forward to him getting through a season without disruption. You may end up being right and he turns into a Trevor. But I suspect he's got more than that. Tall, big, fast, some ball playing skills appearing, anxious to get involved, defense OK. The qualities are there and I don't think determination will be a problem. Should be interesting to watch his progress.

The player I'm most excited about is Humphreys. If he can get himself to the point where Croker faces a serious challenge for the 9 jersey, it could be an absolute game changer. I don't think GCKT will be a starting 9, but he might be able to lock down the 14.
Agree. I hope they reward his hard work with opportunity. Heedfully well get a look at him during the trials.

Just again that front on tackling technique to ideally get to a more effective level for Burbo .
Maybe not necessary to aim too low in some instances for him .
Certainly seems to be in good favor with the coaching staff , probably a reflection of his dedicated approach and willingness to try and improve his game .
Plus his natural ability and being a relatively big unit to use to his advantage , especially in attack .
Every prospect to be included in a normal game day 17 on present indications .
How much more he is capable of improving, well definitely a bit more potential there in that department to hopefully get to an even better level .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8