Brett Finch charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Manly Court. Arrested at Manly. Surely the Mwrlfc is somehow implicated?
I'm astonished the Sea eagles didn't get another mention today in this story, Eddie is known to be 'good mates' with certain prominent Sea eagles

Even funnier that they don't name and shame the other 7 men arrested.
That's a good point.

I remember there was a time when people who had been arrested for anything couldn't be named in the media until they'd had their day in court (something about ensuring a fair trial?) but it seems nowadays if a big name is charged for anything the press are allowed to plaster their name & pixelated likeness all over the shop.

Last edited:
Having occasionally worked with the area (as in product/services) in AFP that deals with this sort of thing and other child exploitation offences etc. I can tell you they rarely get it wrong as they trap the suspect into confirming their identity. The "entrapment" defence doesn't work here as they are protecting the Australian Public.

For his Families sake alone, I hope he is proven innocent but sadly for them, I think he has a long time in lock-up coming.
This is very true.I can’t think of an instance with this sort of charge where the accused has actually been innocent.There is too much at stake for everyone if it’s a false charge.The police obviously have the evidence and would have been ridiculously thorough with their investigation before charges were laid

This is very true.I can’t think of an instance with this sort of charge where the accused has actually been innocent.There is too much at stake for everyone if it’s a false charge.The police obviously have the evidence and would have been ridiculously thorough with their investigation before charges were laid
We had a case at my work.
One of the technicians was using the work phone to "procure a child under 16 for sex" or similar.
He even went in the signwritten work truck to the "meet" where he was arrested. Spoke to one of the officers as they were keeping the fone and without too many exact details they said in no uncertain terms that the evidence was very, very strong.

We had to sack him for using the work phone and ute outside of work as he had not been found guilty yet but we were not going to have him on staff.

not directly re Finch but as mentioned earlier 'Bloke in a Bar' Duane Kemp has just lost over half his content in one swoop. Finch was on every week for the round review and most specials so what a **** show that is for the 'Bloke' community.

Reading some of the stories I wonder what 'Commenting' in a chat room directly relates to. obviously, to be arrested he's almost certainly screwed himself somehow. The guy seems to be a complete loose cannon intent on self-destruction which he may have finally achieved.

To be honest I'm not going to make any comments on this until we have the full story.
I'd like to caution everyone to sit on the fence until the court makes a determination.
I’ll join you. His next court date is at Sutherland courthouse January 11th.But I would like to give Brett some free advice……

View attachment 19840Finch has been identified as a former Manly Sea Eagle. Classic News Corp.

The above is a screenshot from the video at https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ws-story/419d4432d391b6ed08728b67f33d49b6.The caption appears from just after the 30 sec mark.

While the reference to our club may be a trivial error in the context of such serious allegations, you have to wonder how on earth it could happen. The casual observer will look at it and say “another Manly player in trouble…” It’s not good enough from News Corp. The club should complain.
Probably the Storm CEO rang Rupert, and said we need a bit of deflection old son, see what you can do will ya? Love ya Rups.

@Mark from Brisbane
This came up on my news feed today
Screenshot_20211216-174226.png

Mentioned in the news on the radio that Brett Finch yesterday pleaded guilty to using a carriage service to make available child abuse material.

Will be sentenced in September.

Not good for anyone involved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12