Brett Stewart talks about his special try against Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles star fullback Brett Stewart has described how he scored his sensational second try in Friday night's 32-10 win over arch rivals the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.

Read More

SEA Eagles star fullback Brett Stewart has described how he scored his sensational second try in Friday night’s 32-10 win over arch rivals the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.

"This time he was the beneficiary of a Kieran Foran bomb and grounded the ball with centimetres to spare at a time when the game was still in the balance"

I thought that was his first try?

Inaccurate commentators are annoying. In the last week I've heard many saying that when Hoppa previously played Origin it was as a winger. I'm pretty sure he was picked as a left centre in that match. (Or is it just my memory?)

Snake has given us some great tries over the years. He was great on Friday night. Looking forward to a lot more tries from Snake.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
"This time he was the beneficiary of a Kieran Foran bomb and grounded the ball with centimetres to spare at a time when the game was still in the balance"

Inaccurate commentators are annoying. In the last week I've heard many saying that when Hoppa previously played Origin it was as a winger. I'm pretty sure he was picked as a left centre in that match. (Or is it just my memory?)
Its a.mix & match, first was Foz grubber that ended a few cm in from the deadball line. Second was Foz bomb that ended under the right goal post :)
Reporters no longer watch games I reckon, just highlights.

Hops was a winger, don't know who the centre was.
He scored an amazing corner post try :angel:

Jethro said:
SEA Eagles star fullback Brett Stewart has described how he scored his sensational second try in Friday night's 32-10 win over arch rivals the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.

Read More
Yeah, like, WHICH ONE ? :exclamation:

Yeah they were both pretty special.

Degree of difficulty with that second one - stealing the bomb off Foz on the fly - was a bit better for mine.

But both great and at important times.

And, he praises the forwards too (@Fluffy) !

Brett's made a mistake. The first try was the more special try. A kick through, a 2 nd kick through, and race to the ball and the beautiful control to get the downward pressure travelling at speed - to break the spirit of the Dogs early in the 2 nd half. This made any Dogs ccomeback an irrelevancy.

For mine, one of the best tries Snake has scored in 2 years.

HappilyManly said:
Oh no, even you HM!!??
Definitely centre, I just googled the 2011 match!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/new-south-wales-coach-ricky-stuart-makes-three-changes-to-blues-side-to-play-queensland-in-origin-ii/story-fn31yxah-1226069586768

Hopoate, who only turned 19 last month, replaces the injured Michael Jennings in the centres, having only played 14 NRL first grade games since debuting in round 13 last year

NSW Origin II Line-up [2011]

1. Anthony Minichiello (Roosters)

2. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta)

3. William Hopoate (Manly)

4. Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra)

5. Akuila Uate (Newcastle Knights)

6. Jamie Soward (St George Illawarra)

7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)

8. Paul Gallen (c) (Cronulla)

9. Michael Ennis (Canterbury-Bankstown)

10. Tim Mannah (Parramatta)

11. Beau Scott (St George Illawarra)

12. Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra)

13. Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)

Bench: Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights), Anthony Watmough (Manly), Luke Lewis (Penrith).

SeaEagleRock8 said:

It just goes to prove having the requisite abilities and communication skills (or NOT) are often no hindrance for people to gain positions of importance, and influence.

You see it every day, all over the place.

Fortunately many of us see right through people like that.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Brett's made a mistake. The first try was the more special try. A kick through, a 2 nd kick through, and race to the ball and the beautiful control to get the downward pressure travelling at speed - to break the spirit of the Dogs early in the 2 nd half. This made any Dogs ccomeback an irrelevancy.

For mine, one of the best tries Snake has scored in 2 years.

True, but a fullback loves out jumping another fullback! I remember he took one off Robbie odavis once too, sweet

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Excellent I thought you were right!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HappilyManly said:
Oh no, even you HM!!??
Definitely centre, I just googled the 2011 match!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/new-south-wales-coach-ricky-stuart-makes-three-changes-to-blues-side-to-play-queensland-in-origin-ii/story-fn31yxah-1226069586768

Hopoate, who only turned 19 last month, replaces the injured Michael Jennings in the centres, having only played 14 NRL first grade games since debuting in round 13 last year

:blush:

I was there and just remember this try - so I assumed that he was on the wing :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgEwjTVmVXY

Hope that he repeats it next Wednesday, I can't wait to cheer the Blues on for a much overdue win :exclamation:

^ that really was a long time ago.

Soward playing and

slater actually not leading with his knees when the opposition goes over for a try.

Shoe1 said:
True, but a fullback loves out jumping another fullback! I remember he took one off Robbie odavis once too, sweet

I can't remember that one - but I still rate this his best, or most memorable. Sorry can't find one with sound to it

[video=youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwh3tAf5H08[/video]

RiverEagle said:
Yeah they were both pretty special.

Degree of difficulty with that second one - stealing the bomb off Foz on the fly - was a bit better for mine.

But both great and at important times.

And, he praises the forwards too (@Fluffy) !

Unlike most posters on here who only like to blame the forwards.

I can only guess who has more experience playing in an NRL side and who might know more

RiverEagle said:
It just goes to prove having the requisite abilities and communication skills (or NOT) are often no hindrance for people to gain positions of importance, and influence.

You see it every day, all over the place.

Fortunately many of us see right through people like that.
Yes, and I'm in awe of all those of you sharp enough to recognise the importance and influence of rugby league commentators!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4