Brett Stewart Talks LIVE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It might actually be good for Brett to get his first public appearance over with, and hopefully it will be a very positive experience for him. I don't give 2 hoots about Fatty or his show, but I hope this is helpful to Brett.

Do I hate Max for the trouble last year.....NO

Do I hate Arko for giving Bozo to the Chooks......NO

Do I hate the players for not winning the 82,83,95,97,07 GF's....NO

Do I hate any ex Manly players......NO.....well, except Ribot

Everyone makes mistakes. I'd rather forgive and forget.

Sounds like Brett has

It would be a hollywood blockbuster if they could make a film about it and brett would get the royalties.

if he doesn't get his $200k back I wonder if he would accept any donations from fans?

Dan link said:
if he doesn't get his $200k back I wonder if he would accept any donations from fans?

Dan, just sent an email to Lowie asking if the Club would organise a fundraiser for Brett to help pay his legal fees. I'll let you no what i get back.........

great idea Russ

only thing is any fund raiser would have to come from us fans with the club having no involvement due to the Salary Cap

It is a good idea, although I doubt the club would codone it.

To be honest I hope this is Brett's one and only interview and that he doesn't "sell his souil for the money".

Having met and talked to guy on many occasions he seems a very down to earth, private sort of person and I really can't imagine him wanting his life exposed...especially for money.

I am sure he wan't to take a chance to thank everyone for their support which is why he'd be doing this tonight, but otherwise I rekon he would just want to be left alone.

Mybludog link said:
Do I hate Max for the trouble last year.....NO

Do I hate Arko for giving Bozo to the Chooks......NO

Do I hate the players for not winning the 82,83,95,97,07 GF's....NO

Do I hate any ex Manly players......NO.....well, except Ribot

Everyone makes mistakes. I'd rather forgive and forget.

Sounds like Brett has

My sentiments exactly.  Life is hard enough as it is without carrying around the weight alot of grudges can have.  Hold them long enough and they end up forming your personality.  I've seen it ruin plenty of people.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It is a good idea, although I doubt the club would codone it.

To be honest I hope this is Brett's one and only interview and that he doesn't \"sell his souil for the money\".

Having met and talked to guy on many occasions he seems a very down to earth, private sort of person and I really can't imagine him wanting his life exposed...especially for money.

I am sure he wan't to take a chance to thank everyone for their support which is why he'd be doing this tonight, but otherwise I rekon he would just want to be left alone.

Mark - this would not be selling your soul for money. It is simply a practical means for recouping a massive cost that could not be avoided. If he accepts nothing more than what his costs total to, it will be another example of integrity. It should also not be forgotten that the majority of the public has not had the benefit and insight to the evidence that we have had. Having the real story out there helps minimise the damage to his public image which you cannot put a price on.

Cambo link said:
great idea Russ

only thing is any fund raiser would have to come from us fans with the club having no involvement due to the Salary Cap

Cam, not sure of the rules but i would of thought that as long as it wasn't the club handing over the $$$ then it would be ok.

Maybe Mary and the Angles could do it ?

Mybludog link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=185580.msg299583#msg299583 date=1285801055]
great idea Russ

Cam, not sure of the rules but i would of thought that as long as it wasn't the club handing over the $$$ then it would be ok.

Maybe Mary and the Angles could do it ?
[/quote]
either way i would be in

I'd prefer the interview done with Matt Johns while Paul Kent is sitting there squirming in his chair like the worm he is. IMO 9 does a very good job at hanging people out to dry i.e Matt Johns

Like many of you I haven't watched the footy show since Fatty appeared back stab Manly. I'll certainly be watching tonight though.

Lennox Local link said:
What a great pity he now has to sell his story to recoup. Gallop and the NRL should compensate in part.
Reluctantly I will be watching tonight.
Gallop would score a few points if he returned the clubs 100K fine with a request it was used to help cover Brett's legal bills.

The thing with Fatty in the same show he blasted Brett he made light of the fact he used to have 30 schooners after a game, perhaps the head wobble made this ok.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Lennox Local link=topic=185580.msg299530#msg299530 date=1285790340]
What a great pity he now has to sell his story to recoup. Gallop and the NRL should compensate in part.
Reluctantly I will be watching tonight.
Gallop would score a few points if he returned the clubs 100K fine with a request it was used to help cover Brett's legal bills.

The thing with Fatty in the same show he blasted Brett he made light of the fact he used to have 30 schooners after a game, perhaps the head wobble made this ok.
[/quote]

As for the Gallop returning the money, the fine was not for Brett but for the whole function, i.e. the Watmough incident too

The only thing I can add if the Brett incident didn't occur would Gallop have fined the club for the Choc incident - I say not.

That might is his spin now but the fine IMO was a direct result of Brett being charged and the false media reports that followed.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8