Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow, those stats are surprising

When watching the Dogs games often see Patten carving up opponents on a kick return but he has a low average

its not just the metres, its the wasting an extra 2 - 3 seconds whilst they put you down to allow your players to get back onside.

I think what Stewarts stats show is that his positional play is outstanding and gets him a few extra metres. I am sure he could top that list easily with a better kick return. Would love it if he could develop a good step

You may also find the opposition tries to kick away from him where possible, ie to our wingers.

It would be interesting to see where he rates on total kick returns.

its not just the metres, its the wasting an extra 2 - 3 seconds whilst they put you down to allow your players to get back onside.

You are right Fluffy, my understanding is that Des instructed Brett to do that to give players a chance to come back on side to set up an attack, as oppossed to wasting 2-3 tackles runninh from dummy half.

Can understand the theory, but I don't like watching it. I prefer to see the fullbacks attack.

It is my theory as well. I notice he takes his time usually running on an angle. With a slow play the ball.

Mellons theory seemed to hold up, we saw Stewart run with a bit of extra venom and poke his head through the line a couple of times. Would love to see him doing that for us

5th

But it wouldnt surprise me to rate him 1st or 2nd by the end of next season. Everyone has differing positive aspects to their game.

Brett has maturity beyond his years.

Yeah I agree with you Jatz- his effort on Wednesday night was outstanding and proved to me that he just continues to get better. I was worried he might be smashed by a few of the Queenslanders but he stood up and did his job well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6