Brett's court case today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On Sky News it says "Stewart's case
Lawyers for Manly rugby league star Brett Stewart are seeking access to school and medical records relating to a teenage girl he's accusd of sexually assaulting.
The 24-year-old fulback wasn't in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court today when his case was mentioned briefly.
Stewart's charged with having sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl without her consent at North Manly in March aswell as assault with an act of indecency.
Magistrate Julie Huber's been told 11 subpoenas have been issue for various documents including hospital, medical and school records some of which are still coming.
She's continued Stewart's bail until the matter's mentioned again on June 23."

No free legal representatin is available to protect their rights re: medical records etc
http://www.smh.com.au/national/free-legal-help-for-sex-assault-victims-20090416-a8wq.html

They ties in with what Sky News is reporting in regards to Byrne's 11 requests for the alleged victim's histories.

Rex link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180528.msg225080#msg225080 date=1243303367]
what more eviddence do they need?

Phone records apparently!
[/quote]
so it was phone sex :p

seriously
lets hope this goes away sooner rather than later

Cliffy Gc link said:
so it was phone sex :p

seriously
lets hope this goes away sooner rather than later

In this day and age, phone sex could very well be in the list of sexual bad behaviour and all that. 

Unless you're saying the actual phone was used...  bad joke, sorry!

Stewy wont have to attend court on June 23 as the AVO from April 7th will still be in place.
Just more sweating it out for us. I can't understand the way lawyers play games with evidence. There's either a smoking gun or there isn't.  In this case it seems there was only a tongue.

Jethro link said:
Hey B_e, was that you who Hadley was talking about (John from Wollongong) who was asking about the case today and about Gallops nil response about Des & Orford's comments regarding Cecchin?

yeah it was me

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=180528.msg225045#msg225045 date=1243296663]

Hey B_e, was that you who Hadley was talking about (John from Wollongong) who was asking about the case today and about Gallops nil response about Des & Orford's comments regarding Cecchin?

yeah it was me
[/quote]

I thought that it was most probably you. It brought back memories of your old "Wollongong John" forum username when he said he had a call form "John from Wollongong"

So, it's alledged he had sex with her now...

This is news to me.... I thought it was fondling / a tongue kiss. It's starting to become obvious it is more than that. I think it's a grub act if what she is saying is even half true.

It sounds more serious now and if he did have sexual intercourse without her consent... he should be gone.

Nutzcraw link said:

This is news to me.... I thought it was fondling / a tongue kiss. It's starting to become obvious it is more than that. I think it's a grub act if what she is saying is even half true.

It sounds more serious now and if he did have sexual intercourse without her consent... he should be gone.
Conjecture!! He is pleading not guilty! Leave the rest to the judicial process.

Lets just say that the court case against Brett is costing the taxpayers a heap of money as well as Brett.  It was an expensive walk up the driveway of his unit bock. 

Nutzcraw link said:

Sexual assault can take a lot of forms. I believe the allegation in this case is Mal Meninga.

Nutzcraw link said:

Hey Nutz, I read it in leaguehq (refer to Swoop new post) that it was sexual intercourse. Let’s put it this way (not going to comment what I have heard from what I call a reliable source - never know who might be reading the forum for their next big scoope)

It would have been pretty hard Oops wrong choice of words for someone who was absolutely ****face - would have been pretty limp) for Brett to have had sexual intercourse in mine and many in the knows opinion especially the state that he was in but then again he is known as the snake  :eek:

Without trying to say to much as its in the courts it’s a pretty good sign at the moment that the police have been advised to collect more evidence, unfortunately the damage has already been done and more stories can be fabricated also.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=180528.msg225205#msg225205 date=1243338220]

Hey Nutz, I read it in leaguehq (refer to Swoop new post) that it was sexual intercourse. Let’s put it this way (not going to comment what I have heard from what I call a reliable source - never know who might be reading the forum for their next big scoope)

It would have been pretty hard Oops wrong choice of words for someone who was absolutely S**tface - would have been pretty limp) for Brett to have had sexual intercourse in mine and many in the knows opinion especially the state that he was in but then again he is known as the snake  :eek:

Without trying to say to much as its in the courts it’s a pretty good sign at the moment that the police have been advised to collect more evidence, unfortunately the damage has already been done and more stories can be fabricated also.

[/quote]

From my understanding intercourse can be any form of penetration. Doesnt have to be with your wang.

Refer "Mal Meninga" comment above.

clontaago link said:
From my understanding intercourse can be any form of penetration. Doesnt have to be with your wang.

Hence the supposed checking from under his fingernails for her DNA which supposedly showed up as negative.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6