Bring back Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
The past is the past, the future is what lies ahead

Very profound - worthy of Confusios or Solomon.

However, here is another profound statment - 'those that fail to plan plan to fail' and I don't see too much planning of late.  I just see we've lost this bloke we've lost that bloke and we could be losing him as well.  Yet I don't see any new purchases.  Why?  Are we planning to fail next year or are we just failing to plan for next year?

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Damn can't find the emoticon that shows the little face smacking it's head against the wall. Have to you your imaginations.

While I'm hearing the arguments for Ox, he is better than what we've got but we need to suck it up and look to the future.

I think ManlyBacker summed it up perfectly. Why should he get another chance? He showed his true colours and should have to honour the contract he has in England.

Besides, do you really want to follow a team of old men running around the field just because they used to play well?

I agree 100%. This is a new rebuilding stage for us now. Let the young up and coming kids have their chance. We could always get a half's coach to give them more insight. No need to waste salary cap money on Ox. Pleeeease...

DSM5 link said:
I'm a bit bored atm, yeah, bring back the gnome.  Let me at him.  Love your work Pontian.   

Thought there would be enough fresh meat around at the moment for you

Look I could go either eay with Ox.

1) Maybe we should move on and look at the future but I dont think we will be a premiership contender and it will be a 4 year plan. Meaning a few of the players (mainly forwards) around 28 year old mark should be moved on and the blooding of more juniors is required.

or

2) Bring Ox back and work with the team we have now to win a comp within the next 2 years. Only problem is our age and if it fails we will need to go back to the drawing board in 2 - 3 years anyway.
If we get Ox but probably lose Matai but in saying that its a big loss bt we bring in a organiser. I agree that Ox would have been perfect in a few games this year and would have got the forwards going forward.

With Ox our team would be
1. B. Stewart
2. M. Robertson
3. D. Whare
4. J. Lyon
5. D. Williams
6. K. Foran
7. M Orford
8. J. King
9. M. Ballin
10. B. Kite
11. A. Watmough
12. S. Rodney
13. G. Stewart

14. B. Farrar/C. Bailey
15. G. Rose
16. M. Cross/J. Galuvao
17. T. Williams

Or without Ox
1. B. Stewart
2. M. Robertson
3. S. Matai
4. J. Lyon
5. D. Williams
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. King
9. M. Ballin
10. B. Kite
11. A. Watmough
12. S. Rodney
13. G. Stewart

14. B. Farrar/C. Bailey/D. Whare
15. G. Rose
16. M. Cross/J. Galuvao
17. T. Williams

No! We need to focus on YOUTH. Yes, we need a back-up half, but a 32 yr old halfback isn't the answer. It'd be a step backwards.

For fcuks sake !!!!!!

You can't be serious.

Everyone's forgotten how much Ox strangled that great, hungry, killer instincted (is that a word?) team.

We won in '08 despite him, not because of him.

We were going fine this year until our 7 (and half the forwards) lost interest.

We have one that should be interested, so lets give the kid a go.

Remember what Ox didn't allow to happen.
TRex kicking off.
Ballin/Foran doing drop outs & kicking for touch.
Anyone who can kick goals kicking goals.
Glenn running plays.
Ballin calling shots from dummy half.
Foran putting in attacking kicks.
Options on the 5th tackle.

All of these areas are better off this year. We just need to clear out the disinterested parties.

Hodko, Perry, Galavao, Bailey & maybe even Kite need to make way for DCE, Lussick, Cunningham, Stromquist & maybe even Mauro on a last chance or Tasi for enthusiasm (even though he's leaving us). The team needs a dose.

while i am not a great fan of Orford as i was comfortable with him leaving pre-season based on his inconsistency. The consistency of Hodkinson / Foran and our ability to apply continued pressure by completing % plays was a major bonus early-on.

In saying all this, i am worried about our attacking ability now. Are we too structured...? Without Snake, and with Glenn & Choc underperforming and Killer & Foran still coming back to fitness following time-out, i don't see where the spark is coming from.

Certainly, when Orford was hot, we were hot but when cold we went freezing...

Our halves are very young and very green. Of course they will be struggling at different points. No big deal.

It is also not them who are forcing pressure on us. They are both doing quite well and I can not see why everyone went after Hodko so badly after Saturday night. He had a pretty solid, but not great game. It was a great bit of work for that Matai try from him.

The forwards are where our current issues lay. It is well known that if the forwards aren't making the metres the halves will be under pressure.

I am happy to see how DCE goes. we just need to lower our expectations a little

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Damn can't find the emoticon that shows the little face smacking it's head against the wall. Have to you your imaginations.

While I'm hearing the arguments for Ox, he is better than what we've got but we need to suck it up and look to the future.

I think ManlyBacker summed it up perfectly. Why should he get another chance? He showed his true colours and should have to honour the contract he has in England.

Besides, do you really want to follow a team of old men running around the field just because they used to play well?

Here you go:
dash2.gif

(http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/madhouse/dash2.gif)

how could anybody even consider brining back a 34 year old, lets move forward not backwards ,or maybe we should entice Geoff toovey out of retirement.

Gary Dennison link said:
how could anybody even consider brining back a 34 year old, lets move forward not backwards ,or maybe we should entice Geoff toovey out of retirement.
Tooves is on the field more now than when he was playing!
:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8