Bring back Toovey/Hasler/Donny

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2008 we lost our first two games, 2011 we were beaten in rd 1. We've been notoriously slow starters in recent years. I'm not panicking just yet.
giphy.gif

2008 we lost our first two games, 2011 we were beaten in rd 1. We've been notoriously slow starters in recent years. I'm not panicking just yet.

2008 pack round 1 King,Ballin,Kite,Watmough,Stewart,Memzies. 2011 round 1 only change Galuvao in Menzies out. Our pack last night not 1 player would get into those packs that's the problem. For all the hype and hot air our pack is only marginally better than last season and not in the same league as 08 or 11 and doesn't compare with the best packs in the comp. I have no doubt we will improve (combinations) as season goes on but at best we are a scrape into the finals with the forwards we have.

2008 pack round 1 King,Ballin,Kite,Watmough,Stewart,Memzies. 2011 round 1 only change Galuvao in Menzies out. Our pack last night not 1 player would get into those packs that's the problem. For all the hype and hot air our pack is only marginally better than last season and not in the same league as 08 or 11 and doesn't compare with the best packs in the comp. I have no doubt we will improve (combinations) as season goes on but at best we are a scrape into the finals with the forwards we have.
Are you for real? Hasson? Luke Burgess? Old man Mason taking 5 minutes to stand up after a tackle. These guys are better than Myles and Tapau etc?

Lucky they don't hand out the premiership after round 1...

Are you for real? Hasson? Luke Burgess? Old man Mason taking 5 minutes to stand up after a tackle. These guys are better than Myles and Tapau etc?

Lucky they don't hand out the premiership after round 1...

I said this years is marginally better and stand by it. Myles is way past his best and we gave him 3 years and Tapau you can fall for the hype but he was rubbish for the tigers and last night didn't change my opinion of him.

Brisbane should have sacked Bennett after losing by thirty in last years opening round too! Idiot was trying Milford as a 6! Can you believe how stupid all these coaches are???

When Barrett has won 6 premierships (don't include sl) I'll cut him the same slack. It's safe to assume Bennett knows what he is doing as for Barrett well we will see.

Interesting fact

In Bob Fulton's first game as a first grade coach with Easts in 1979 they lost 27-5 to Balmain. And like Barrett who lost to Des, Bozo lost to a former Manly coach in Ron Willey.

I'm not suggesting Barrett will go on to have a Bozo like coaching career (though I hope he does, especially in charge of Manly), but they both lost their first game as a coach by 22 points. And Bozo had some handy players that day. Russell Fairfax, Ian Schubert, Kerry Boustead, himself, Kevin Hastings, John Harvey, Royce Ayliffe, Bob O'Reilly and Mark Harris on the bench.

Last edited:
Maybe we could sign Tim Sheens to assist Barrett, or if this lack of cohesion in the team - especially in defense - we can dump Barrett all together.

I've never seen so much confusion with sliding defense as last night.

Barett has to be looked at closely. The knives are out.

But did we not make the GF with BJ.
And we have performed well with a fit BJ & Starling now languishing in reggies

Maybe we could sign Tim Sheens to assist Barrett, or if this lack of cohesion in the team - especially in defense - we can dump Barrett all together.

I've never seen so much confusion with sliding defense as last night.

Barett has to be looked at closely. The knives are out.
Firstly agree the excuse about interchange losing the game is a stretch...however the issue with sliding defence comes back to the Dogs rolling up field 100 mph, winning the quick play the ball...this is guaranteed to confuse the outside backs, limiting communication & making individual defensive decisions with the player beside them on a different page.
Really comes back to controlling that ruck tempo....

Where is Brenton lawrence/ Feleti Mateo / Josh Starling

GF + SF big game players ! 2013 robbed BJ was standout !

2014 Robbed against arguably the best pack in tha game DOGS who was there BJ and Starling !

why is everyone licking PENN CRACK and not asking the same questions ?

Are all the members on the forums on the PENN cash cow ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8